IndiaDivine.org

Yam Pie recipe wanted

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Good afternoon,

At the last potluck at Linda's a few people brought yam pie. Does anyone have a recipe for it?

Thank you.

Nick Hein

PS. If anyone has helpful tips or encouragement for staying raw among the SAD during the holiday season I would appreciate them.

Nick

Being with family during the holidays can be challenging. It often brings back many joyful memories associated with particular foods and treats. What I find helpful is that I focus on the social aspects, not the food aspects of being together. I let my eyes "feast" on the joy in the faces of those around me. I let my Heart radiate love and appreciation for the opportunity to be together. If my mind is occupied with these types of thoughts then there is no desire to eat other foods. Although having a few raw treats for myself doesn't hurt either. Nuts, medjul dates, raisins or dried bananas are a few of my favorites to bring along if the urge hits.

I also read that some people have trouble with smells causing cravings. I love the smell of fresh breads and pies. I do not have cravings but according the author we love the smell of flowers but are not tempted to eat them. If we shift our thoughts about smells we can change the

conditioning we previously had so that we can enjoy the fragrances around us without the desire to partake.

I hope these tips help.

Love and Light

Ramona

Good luck

-

Nick Hein

RawSeattle

Saturday, December 07, 2002 12:48 PM

[RawSeattle] Yam Pie recipe wanted

Good afternoon,

At the last potluck at Linda's a few people brought yam pie. Does anyone have a recipe for it?

Thank you.

Nick Hein

PS. If anyone has helpful tips or encouragement for staying raw among the SAD during the holiday season I would appreciate them.

Hi Nick-

I made one of the yam pies at Linda's the other night & used the recipe from Nomi Shannon's book (Elaine Love also features it in her own recipe book).

I attached the abridged recipe, as it's long to re-type; also, I like pecans, so made a crust with those instead of almonds.

Make up any topping you like- Shannon has a Fluff Topping, but I did one with coconut water & meat, plus mac's & vanilla, blending it all in the Vita Mix until I got the consistency I wanted- also adding a bit of raw coconut butter from NFL helps it set up faster in the refrigerater.

Gideon

-

Nick Hein

RawSeattle

Good afternoon,

Thank you.

Nick Hein

Good afternoon,

Right after I posted this message I was at Nature's Market and they had just gotten this book in so I bought it and I have the recipe. Thanks for the helpful advice.

Nick

-

Gideon Seraphine

RawSeattle

Sunday, December 08, 2002 10:42 AM

Re: [RawSeattle] Yam Pie recipe wanted

Hi Nick-

I made one of the yam pies at Linda's the other night & used the recipe from Nomi Shannon's book (Elaine Love also features it in her own recipe book).

I attached the abridged recipe, as it's long to re-type; also, I like pecans, so made a crust with those instead of almonds.

Make up any topping you like- Shannon has a Fluff Topping, but I did one with coconut water & meat, plus mac's & vanilla, blending it all in the Vita Mix until I got the consistency I wanted- also adding a bit of raw coconut butter from NFL helps it set up faster in the refrigerater.

Gideon

-

Nick Hein

RawSeattle

Good afternoon,

Thank you.

Nick Hein