Guest guest

Guest guest

- Don Weaver

Don Weaver

Monday, June 30, 2003 10:39 AM

TO LOVE AND REGENERATE THE EARTH

Spring-Summer 2003

Don WeaverPOB 620478Woodside CA 94062earthdon

A Serious Invitation . . . To Love And Regenerate The EarthDear Friend and Co-Worker/ Scientist/ Political Representative/ Ecologist/ Farmer/Gardener/ Nutritionist/ Healthcare Worker/ Teacher/ Writer/Environmentalist/Forester/ Media Member/ Businessperson/ Artist/ Student/ Lover of Life:You are invited to read my new book, To Love And Regenerate The Earth, at www.remineralize.org. Accompanying it is the foundational book, The Survival of Civilization, by John Hamaker and me. Both books are a gift to you and our endangered Earth. I hope you’ll recognize their true value and urgent importance to your work and to the lives of each of us. Background and details follow:The United Nations Environment Programme says climatic and environmental disasters in 2002 cost $70 billion, 10,000 or more human deaths, and countless deaths of other species, many being rushed toward extinction. A qualitative total of human-and-planetary health decline and suffering may be incalculable! In accord with a growing number of scientists worldwide, the cover of the September 2002 Discover science magazine warns of “Global Warming Surprise – A New Ice Age” that is likely to begin swiftly and soon. This great danger has been revealed by excellent paleoclimate research from many scientists, from the 1960s to present, confirming a long-term, alternating glacial-interglacial cycle within what is actually our current Ice Age.The late John Hamaker, my friend and ecological genius, began alerting the world to our mounting ecological and climatic problems – and the need for commitment to real solutions – in the 1970s. John had the curious idea that we are gifted with these crucial abilities: to recognize and correct our mistakes; to replenish and revitalize our depleted soils-foods-bodies-minds-spirits-forests-atmosphere-climate-Biosphere; to be wise, generous, and truly loving to both this and future generations of life on Earth. I agreed, so worked with John to write and publish The Survival of Civilization in 1982. From 1982-1997, 14,000 copies of the book were distributed, along with many thousands of the “Solar Age or Ice Age? Bulletin,” which I edited. I helped Larry Ephron and his non-profit People For A Future distribute about 6000 copies of both his film, “Stopping The Coming Ice Age,” and book, The End: the imminent ice age and how we can stop it! Joanna Campe circulated many thousands of her Remineralize the Earth magazines, too.I have now completed a five-year effort on the new book, To Love And Regenerate The Earth: Further Perspectives on The Survival of Civilization. I want to give this book to every Life-loving person, yet not deplete more of Earth’s dwindling tree cover. I think The Survival of Civilization and To Love And Regenerate The Earth are too urgently important to humanity and our fellow endangered species to be commercialized, so with the help of Joanna Campe and others, they are now available for free at the Remineralize the Earth website: www.remineralize.org. I encourage you to share this information with as many others as you can. Realistically, it will require the actions of an informed and inspired majority of our 6.3 billion-strong human family to reverse the current eco-climatic degeneration and accomplish the needed soil-health-Earth Regeneration! More than ever, we need to accept personal responsibility for planetary health. Do you agree this responsibility and this regeneration work is essential now, regardless of the exact nature and speed of global climate change? Thanks for all you have done, and will do, to make a positive difference. I think it wise, at this amazing time of planetary growth, crisis, and opportunity for healing, to consider this thought from philosopher Pierre Teilhard de Chardin: “It is our duty as men and women to proceed as though the limits of our abilities do not exist.”

www.remineralize.org is an important resource center for the global remineralization/regeneration movement. An expanded Remineralize the Earth website – with new Forum, online magazine, and Resources listing – will appear soon. So will synopses of both The Survival of Civilization and To Love And Regenerate The Earth. I encourage you to join me in pledging or renewing your membership in this uniquely valuable non-profit service organization. Our support is greatly needed at this time.Co-workers and I are willing to help in other ways, such as being a radio or television guest, or speaker, as I recently was in Scotland at the 1st Annual Conference on Soil Remineralization. Here a healthy spectrum of people, including Members of Parliament and great people from the Scottish Environmental Protection Agency (SEPA), cooperated to advance this cause. SEPA is working with my friends Cameron and Moira Thomson and their beautiful SEER (Sustainable Ecological Earth Regeneration) Centre. One purpose: to establish another seven acres of scientific trials for the further demonstration and documentation of the many wonderful benefits of soil remineralization with natural rock powders plus local recycled composts. I was glad to learn there are such intelligent minds and caring bravehearts still active in Scotland! Visit www.seercentre.org.uk. If there is any other way I might be of service, feel free to write or email me. You may also request a phone conversation, if helpful. If you find any errors of fact or principle in The Survival of Civilization or To Love And Regenerate The Earth, or you’ve related evidence or ideas to share, please communicate!You are welcome to copy and help circulate this invitation, or re-publish it in any appropriate medium. Those wanting to join me in sponsoring this global outreach are welcome to donate time, stamps, money or creative ideas for awakening and inspiring a sleeping human race toward a brilliant expression of unprecedented generosity towards our ailing, depleted, and neglected Earth.

At a time when the living planet is desperate for a sane and cooperative human race working for total human-and-Biospheric Health, my only other thought, in witnessing a world torn by more war in the 21st Century, is of the recent speech by Ohio Congressman Dennis Kucinich at the Foundation for Global Community in Palo Alto, CA. The Foundation just installed a large solar system on its roof, and Dennis spoke on the need for a solar/biomass transition away from Mideast oil dependence, and for creating a just, ecologically wise country and world.

He also described his and many colleagues’ efforts to establish a cabinet-level Department of Peace in the U.S. Government. To learn more about this unusual man – now a presidential candidate – you may visit his websites: www.kucinich.us or www.house.gov./kucinich. During questions, I invited him to read the books, and to consider whether such a Department could embrace Earth’s need for us to end our ongoing ‘war on Nature,’ and support the essential Earth Regeneration work. He conscientiously wrote down the www.remineralize.org website, and said he would consider it all carefully. I could not ask more of him, nor of you.

For Life and Earth Health Regeneration,

Don Weaver