IndiaDivine.org

Vegan recipes for large groups - any book recommendations

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all

I am looking for a book / web site that would have vegan recipes for cooking for large groups of people (25 or more). It would not be for a potluck but to provide a healthy, wholesome, simple meal.

We live in a community near Walnut Creek where residents sometimes cook 'common meals' and we are the only vegans - there are a few vegetarians. (most meals have a vegan option now since we moved here, which is great!)

I am not a good cook, but I feel obliged to and would be happy to introduce more vegan cooking into this system by cooking good tasting vegan meals :-)

I looked thru all of amazon.com listings this morning , but did not find anything.

Are there cookbooks available for this out there? or maybe try some restaurant cookbooks and adapt them to vegan recipes?

OR are there tricks to multiply a recipe that feeds , say 4 people, and expand it to 30 people?

Or maybe there are web-sites out there describing some of these recipes.

Help!

Veena

------------------------Veena Acharwww.peta.org

Veena,

Vegan in Volume by Nancy Berkoff.

Jack

-

Veena Achar

sfBAVeg

Monday, January 12, 2004 10:55 AM

Vegan recipes for large groups - any book recommendations

Hi all

I am looking for a book / web site that would have vegan recipes for cooking for large groups of people (25 or more). It would not be for a potluck but to provide a healthy, wholesome, simple meal.

We live in a community near Walnut Creek where residents sometimes cook 'common meals' and we are the only vegans - there are a few vegetarians. (most meals have a vegan option now since we moved here, which is great!)

I am not a good cook, but I feel obliged to and would be happy to introduce more vegan cooking into this system by cooking good tasting vegan meals :-)

I looked thru all of amazon.com listings this morning , but did not find anything.

Are there cookbooks available for this out there? or maybe try some restaurant cookbooks and adapt them to vegan recipes?

OR are there tricks to multiply a recipe that feeds , say 4 people, and expand it to 30 people?

Help!

Veena

------------------------Veena Acharwww.peta.org BAY AREA VEGETARIANS (BAV) is a community group for veggies to network & find support. Free membership and lots of free events :-) Event Calendar, Charter, FAQ (/) and More!http://www.bayareaveg.org/Bookmark this page! Don't miss local events!http://www.bayareaveg.org/events.phpMessage board http://www.generationv.org/forum

There is also a book that I believe is called " Moosewood cooks for a crowd " .

It's one of the many Moosewood cookbooks and although it's vegetarian and not

vegan, many of the recipes can be easily adapted. Good luck.

Warren

One of my favorites is Ken Bergeron's "Professional Vegetarian Cooking".

I believe all of his recipes are based on 10 servings, so it's easy to double

or half as necessary. His entree recipes are generally not 20 minute quick

meals, though. Many take an hour or more preparation (for the larger number

of servings) but all are fabulous.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0471292354/qid=1073941701/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-9078566-3120101?v=glance & s=books

Erhhung

Veena Achar [veenaachar]Monday, January 12, 2004 10:56 AMsfBAVeg Subject: Vegan recipes for large groups - any book recommendations

Hi all

Help!

Veena

------------------------Veena Acharwww.peta.org