IndiaDivine.org

McQuarrel

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Whether or not we're passing through the doors of McD's (and I am NOT, just to clarify), the company's move to put a veggie burger on the menu IS a GOOD thing for our cause. To increase sampling of vegetarian-style fare by omnivores --to PROMOTE vegetarianism-- we must reach out to the broadest possible population in a way that is familiar to them.

Years ago, I never would have gone seeking out vegetarian burgers, but when a friend ordered one from a mainstream restaurant menu--and I was JUST BRAVE ENOUGH to try a small chunk of the patty--I found out it was GOOD! It did not matter that the restaurant was serving hamburgers, chicken & prime rib; I had discovered the joys of vegetarian food!

Of course I am going to continue to seek out and frequent vegetarian restaurants. I CAN'T eat at McD's, as to this day they cannot even guarantee there's not a stray meaty something in their soda & salads (read the disclaimer at there website, put there for WE ALL KNOW what reasons), but I applaud the ground vegetarian-style food is gaining in fast-food outlets. It is YEARS beyond time for the idea of eating meatless to grow among the masses in a non-threatening way.

Finance: Get your refund fast by filing online

Hi All

I think the whole McDonalds/BK discussion has run it's course on the list and we seem to be going around in a loop.

There seems to be strong feels on both sides, so I I would ask people who wish to continue this discussion please do so privately or take it to the online forums -

http://www.bayareaveg.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=2

oh! and I loved the new term "McQuarrel" :-)

Thanks

Chris

List Admin

No further discussion here, just a quick apology for saying, "...most of us in the animal rights movement..."

I agree that it was inappropriate.

Jack

-

Chris James

Tuesday, February 17, 2004 2:16 PM

Re: McQuarrel

Hi All

I think the whole McDonalds/BK discussion has run it's course on the list and we seem to be going around in a loop.