IndiaDivine.org

[eastbayanimals] RE: travelling petting zoo

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

As always! EBAA is on top of it...Anything else we can do Christine? Any follow up plans? Let me know.

Paris Harvey Bite Back Vegan Societychristine wrote:

Hi Laurie:In June, East Bay Animal Advocates received an anonymous complaintregarding Tickle Me Pony Parties and Traveling Petting Zoo, detailingsimilar conditions of the animals. EBAA has submitted complaints to theBetter Business Bureau, Bay Area Equestrian Network and Contra CostaCounty Animal Services Department.Contact information:1. Bay Area Equestrian Network4847 Hopyard Road, # 4PMB218 Pleasanton, CA 94588 USA Phone: 800-943-8883, 925-484-0395 Fax: 925-397-6722 Email: info* Tickle Me Pony Parties and Traveling Petting Zoo is a member of theBay Area Equestrian Network.*2. Contra Costa County Animal Services Department4849 Imhoff PlaceMartinez, CA 94553Email: asdwebSincerely,Christine > -------- Original Message

--------> [baarn] travelling petting zoo> lulubuns Mon, August 09, 2004 8:43 am> baarn > > contact info:> > Pony Parties and Travelling Petting Zoo> Stacey Young owner > (925)756-7335> Fax (925)756-7337> ponyparties 4225 Briones Valley Road> Brentwood, CA 94513> > I was at the Alameda art and wine fair yesterday and there was a> travelling petting zoo. It was a very hot day and the animals looked> miserable.One of the animals-a pig, had sores on his ears. I was very> concerned and took photos of the sores. Of course I don't know> anyhting about pig health, if there is a veterinarian on here I would> like to show you the photo. I am concerned about the animals but don't> think there is really anything I can do about it. Their brochure says> they are>

licensed and adhere to USDA guidelines (not that it means much!)> > Laurie> > > > For events: > Please see message archives and calendar at> baarn > > >

On my list of possible legislation I added petting zoos last year because I read an article in the Journal of Applied Animal Welfare Science about the need for the animals to be able to get away when they are stressed or tired of being "petted." So, that's a thought for next year to establish some standards.

Virginia Handley

The Fund for Animals

-

Paris Harvey

christine ; lulubuns

Cc: baarn ; eastbayanimals ;

Monday, August 09, 2004 3:58 PM

Re: [eastbayanimals] RE: travelling petting zoo

As always! EBAA is on top of it...Anything else we can do Christine? Any follow up plans? Let me know.

Paris Harvey Bite Back Vegan Societychristine wrote:

Hi Laurie:In June, East Bay Animal Advocates received an anonymous complaintregarding Tickle Me Pony Parties and Traveling Petting Zoo, detailingsimilar conditions of the animals. EBAA has submitted complaints to theBetter Business Bureau, Bay Area Equestrian Network and Contra CostaCounty Animal Services Department.Contact information:1. Bay Area Equestrian Network4847 Hopyard Road, # 4PMB218 Pleasanton, CA 94588 USA Phone: 800-943-8883, 925-484-0395 Fax: 925-397-6722 Email: info* Tickle Me Pony Parties and Traveling Petting Zoo is a member of theBay Area Equestrian Network.*2. Contra Costa County Animal Services Department4849 Imhoff PlaceMartinez, CA 94553Email: asdwebSincerely,Christine > -------> [baarn] travelling petting zoo> lulubuns Mon, August 09, 2004 8:43 am> baarn > > contact info:> > Pony Parties and Travelling Petting Zoo> Stacey Young owner > (925)756-7335> Fax (925)756-7337> ponyparties 4225 Briones Valley Road> Brentwood, CA 94513> > I was at the Alameda art and wine fair yesterday and there was a> travelling petting zoo. It was a very hot day and the animals looked> miserable.One of the animals-a pig, had sores on his ears. I was very> concerned and took photos of the sores. Of course I don't know> anyhting about pig health, if there is a veterinarian on here I would> like to show you the photo. I am concerned about the animals but don't> think there is really anything I can do about it. Their brochure says> they are> licensed and adhere to USDA guidelines (not that it means much!)> > Laurie> > > > For events: > Please see message archives and calendar at> baarn > > >