IndiaDivine.org

Memos Restaurant

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Ok East of East Bayers! (Concord Pleasant Hill, Walnut Creek) As you probably know we do not have a vegetarian let alone a vegan restaurant over here...but I have a nice compromise...I went to Memo's Cocina Mexicann (recommended by the Caity's)

2118 Mt Diablo Street Concord. 691 6200

Although they have all the traditional mexican fare (you know with dead animals). I spoke with the owner and on most of the dishes you can ask for "meat substitute" and "hold the cheese". I had a delicious "beef" enchilada, rich gravy and the beans whether red or black they "do not use any animal fat in them". And the rice was perfect and with generous glob of guacomole...it was a huge lunch and very good...the "meat" was outstanding!

Here's the thing I went that day for breakfast as I heard they have awesome tofu scramble. But he was "out of tofu"! He confided in me..."frankly we order the veg food and tofu and non dairy, etc and it goes bad as no one orders it often enough"...Do you see where I am going with this?

He told me if he got more call for it that he was very open to expanding on his vegetarian side of the menu "Platillos Vegetariano". I think some encoragement to advertise this would be a plus too.

Let's try to eat there more often.

Paris

Paris Harvey Bite Back Vegan Society 925 788 8296 (PST)

Join bitebackvegan for updates, calendars, articles

If you love animals...check this out...http://tinyurl.com/2xkmc

Now look at this...no frills site.. http://www.factoryfarming.com/gallery.htm and keep looking! "but, I don't want to look at that" you say?....but you must!

> I went to Memo's Cocina Mexicann (recommended by the Caity's)

> 2118 Mt Diablo Street Concord. 691 6200

> He told me if he got more call for it that he was very open to expanding on his vegetarian side of the menu "Platillos Vegetariano".

> I think some encoragement to advertise this would be a plus too.

Paris, thanks for the update.

It's great to post a review to SFBAVEG, and we encourage that. But after a few days, or a few months, it's hard to find. We encourage everyone who finds good vegetarian/vegan food to add the restaurant or post a review in UG (the Ultimate Guide to Vegetarian Living in the San Francisco Bay Area). Once you put the info into UG, it's there in a centralized spot for the next person to find. UG allows you to even create your own custom guide. Check it out

http://www.bayareaveg.org/ug

So far UG has nearly 250 businesses listed with nearly 300 customer reviews. It's a great way to make it easier to eat and buy veg*n in the Bay Area!

Also, if you are a vegetarian or vegan, and you own a business that provides services or sells veg*n related items, you may be eligible to list it for free in our directory. Please take a look or email us if you have questions.

Cheers,

Tammy

Bay Area Vegetarians