IndiaDivine.org

tentative idea: book group with vegan refreshments?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Everybody,

There's a post thread going on at http://www.bayareaveg.org/forum/index.php in the Discussion folder titled Book Club with Vegan Refreshments? that I started, and that Tammy and Emily and I have been discussing on this site. The specific link to this post is: http://www.bayareaveg.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=638

I was hoping that a book group could be formed where we would meet at vegan and vegetarian restaurants (preferably all ordering vegan food) that would meet once a month. Tammy is particularly interested in discussing vegetarian & animal rights books and I am especially interested in discussing general book club type books such as novels and/or general nonfiction. We were thinking that maybe 4 times a year we could read veg/ar books and 8 times a year we could read general books.

If you are vegan/vegetarian/veg*n interested, would enjoy a vegan meal out with a like minded group once a month, and love to read or would at least enjoy reading a book and discussing it with this kind of group, please respond. I'd like to have a few more people show interest before trying to make plans for this. And, if anybody wants to take a leadership role (Tammy said she'd be willing to do this with the 4 veg/ar selections) I'd also be delighted to just participate.

You can read the postings without signing up on the site, but if you'd like to add a post (for this or any other topic!), it's easy to register. You pick your own name and password and can use the preferences on the site to be as private as you want to be. I'd really welcome your input on this idea.

The forum web page has a good general discussion posting area and another area for mentoring, for both people to post for help with veg*n issues and for others to offer help by replying to those posts. Check it out as it's a wonderful section of the bayareaveg.org web site.

Thanks. Lisa