IndiaDivine.org

organic & vegan products at Safeway's

Rate this topic

Guest guest

> When stores like Safeways start carrying nutritional yeast, then I'll know vegetarianism has become mainstream.

I wrote the above last month. Afterwards, I discovered that the Black Bean Enchilada (in the new O Organics line) specifically describes itself as one that vegans, vegetarians, and enchilada lovers will enjoy *and* it contains nutritional yeast! I've tried it a few times, and they are good (including the organic frozen french fries)

As someone who doesn't have a Whole Foods or large natural foods store near them, I think it would really be great to see more vegan and organic foods available at a store like Safeway's, which is easily accessible to many people.

So, for folks interested in supporting mainstream brands having more organic and vegan foods, vote with your dollars and buy them, and please share your comments with Safeway's (all of their stores have postage paid comment cards, or you can call them). Please also remember to ask them to stop buying chickens from Foster Farms until conditions improve!

> Call Safeway and ask them to stop buying chickens from Foster Farms until conditions improve.>Toll Free: 1-877-SAFEWAY (1-877-723-3929) Call between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. PST & press zero for a Sales Representative> Learn more about EBAA's investigation of Foster Farms at www.fosterfacts.net.

Cheers,

Tammy

Map it Veg!

http://www.frappr.com/baveg

http://www.frappr.com/vegetarians

__

"This is my protest against the conduct of the world. To be a vegetarian is to disagree--to disagree with the course of things today. Starvation, world hunger, cruelty, waste, wars--we must make a statement against these things. Vegetarianism is my statement and I think it's a strong one." -- Isaac Bashevis Singer