IndiaDivine.org

OT I stopped at a Petland just to kill some time......

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have been asked to send this out all over the internet. I posted this to a few groups and got a huge response!! Please share as you see fit. This is about a visit to PetLand in South Point, OH on Nov. 1, 2006.... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I was on my way to WV to do some computer work for my dad and decided to stop and kill some time and stretch my legs. Well, instead of going to the WalMart close by, I figured I'd go take a look inside the PetLand I spotted close by..... Well, I walked in to a very small but tidy store, crammed with all sorts of pet supplies and cages and tanks to sell the new pet

owners. I made my way back to the animals along the back wall of the store. Oh, the puppies they had there were just too numerous to even try to name all the breeds--I do recall Peke, Pug, Dachsie, English Springer Spaniel, Cocker Spaniel, Greyhound, JRT, Poodles, Mini Schnauzer and Chihuahuas. There were many more too, even a French Bulldog!! As I made my way down the length of the puppy display, simply disgusted by the diahrreah the pups had, some were even lethargic, others were acting like they had been given a stimulant as they bounced all over their cage, I hear a young man "May I help you with the Puppies?" I turned to look at this fresh-faced kid, and shook my head, "No, not with THESE puppies." He came closer and said "We have the finest selection of pups around this area and they are all from excellent breeders from the Mid-West." I paused a second, "Oh, is that

so??" "We have our pups vet checked and do not accept them unless they are in perfect health", this young man boasted. I said "Really? So what is this stuff I keep seeing linking PetLand and Puppy Mills all over the internet?" He pauses a second to think, "Must be a rumor, we get our dogs from private breeders who take pride in their litters." At this point I was ready to just smack this kid for being stupid and gullible. I nearly died laughing at this crap too but it was too sad to be laughed off. "So, are your pups AKC registered or what?", I asked with honest sincerity. "Oh, our boss does not think AKC is the highest standard of the breeds so he prefers to take only CKC, ACA and a couple other registeries. As you can see, we have excellent pups here", this young man goes on with his sales pitch. At this point, I had heard enough trash talk and that was when I let him have the WHOLE story on these pups and their origins. "Do you honestly expect me to believe that AKC is the 'lowgrade' registery? Let me introduce myself before I continue. My name is Joanie Stambaugh, from McDermott, OH, and I am a dog rescuer specializing in small seniors, PUPPY MILL Dogs and special needs dogs. My rescue is Joanie's Lil Senior K9 Sanctuary and Placement and I currently have 4 Mill dogs in my house that came from some of those illustrious Mid-Western Breeders you speak so highly of. Let me tell you, if you have NOT seen a mill dog, I can tell you all about them. I have had them come in to me with NO social skills at all, matted so badly you couldn't tell one end from the other, so sick they could barely stand, no teeth or lower jaws from

the lack of proper care and the females being bred so much that their little bodies re-absorb their jaw-bone in order to have calcium for milk. Oh, I can tell you about a friend of mine in NE who gets them and some have their faces broken up from being kicked and brutally beaten by those wonderful breeders you speak so highly of. I can go right on with a list of things that would make you want to vomit but I know EXACTLY where these pups were born--Puppy Mills in the Mid-West!!! If you decide you want to learn more about those hell-holes, I will be more than happy to introduce you to my poor Mill Survivors and show you website after website with pics of these places and the ACTUAL conditions these pups came out of." This kid is soooo convinced of the good work these Millers do that he tells me that their pups are the best in the country. They are genetically sound and have NO health

problems. He even says they were made to watch a video on the horrors of a real puppy mill but it wasn't so bad..... I could have went through the roof!! I stood there a second and then looked him in the eye...."Have you seen these places yourself? Have you seen the actual dogs that come out of those mills? What they send you here are the cleaned up versions of the mill dogs. I recommend a site for you, NoPuppyMills.com or better yet, go to the HSUS or PETA sites and type in Puppy Mills for a list of sites and info on these "doggy concentration camps" and have a look for yourself. Also, all of the puppy purchasers who have paid anywhere from $600 to $1500 for a pup from PetLand and then spent thousands more to save the dog's life, tell them how sound and healthy their pups were too. I have seen the reports, read their statements and in NO way do I condone selling of Puppy

Mill Pups to the unsuspecting public." At this point, the kid is so blown away by the info he is hearing that he asks me if I am for real. My response--You better believe it!! At that point, I decided I had said more than enough. This kid had a look on his face that said plenty. I paused before heading out the door, "If you think I am joking, please do check out the info on those sites I mentioned or Google Puppy Mills and see what you find..... Oh, and see, I was right, you can't help me with THOSE pups....." This happened Nov. 1, 2006 in South Point, OH at PetLand. Yours in rescue, Joanie Stambaugh McDermott, OH

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail.

But you are Joan, so how could you have been asked to send this all over the internet when you are the one who composed the message? I'm not being a smart a**... I'm just asking a logical question.

the_hardluck_hounds

the_hardluck_hounds

Cc: juliatat; susiecar; ohiospca; remember; animalcrisisteam; carol.johnson; katie.walter; anteaterken; dotyvb; ebcjm; baspi; linda.furness1; fuzzyfacerescue ; jbishop_1; 1byrdhouse

Thu, 2 Nov 2006 6:46 PM

OT>>I stopped at a Petland just to kill some time......

I have been asked to send this out all over the internet. I posted this to a few groups and got a huge response!! Please share as you see fit. This is about a visit to PetLand in South Point, OH on Nov. 1, 2006....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was on my way to WV to do some computer work for my dad and decided to stop and kill some time and stretch my legs. Well, instead of going to the WalMart close by, I figured I'd go take a look inside the PetLand I spotted close by.....

Well, I walked in to a very small but tidy store, crammed with all sorts of pet supplies and cages and tanks to sell the new pet

owners. I made my way back to the animals along the back wall of the store. Oh, the puppies they had there were just too numerous to even try to name all the breeds--I do recall Peke, Pug, Dachsie, English Springer Spaniel, Cocker Spaniel, Greyhound, JRT, Poodles, Mini Schnauzer and Chihuahuas. There were many more too, even a French Bulldog!!

As I made my way down the length of the puppy display, simply disgusted by the diahrreah the pups had, some were even lethargic, others were acting like they had been given a stimulant as they bounced all over their cage, I hear a young man "May I help you with the Puppies?" I turned to look at this fresh-faced kid, and shook my head, "No, not with THESE puppies." He came closer and said "We have the finest selection of pups around this area and they are all from excellent breeders from the Mid-West." I paused a second, "Oh, is that

so??" "We have our pups vet checked and do not accept them unless they are in perfect health", this young man boasted. I said "Really? So what is this stuff I keep seeing linking PetLand and Puppy Mills all over the internet?" He pauses a second to think, "Must be a rumor, we get our dogs from private breeders who take pride in their litters."

At this point I was ready to just smack this kid for being stupid and gullible. I nearly died laughing at this crap too but it was too sad to be laughed off.

"So, are your pups AKC registered or what?", I asked with honest sincerity. "Oh, our boss does not think AKC is the highest standard of the breeds so he prefers to take only CKC, ACA and a couple other registeries. As you can see, we have excellent pups here", this young man goes on with his sales pitch.

At this point, I had heard enough trash talk and that was when I let him have the WHOLE story on these pups and their origins.

"Do you honestly expect me to believe that AKC is the 'lowgrade' registery? Let me introduce myself before I continue. My name is Joanie Stambaugh, from McDermott, OH, and I am a dog rescuer specializing in small seniors, PUPPY MILL Dogs and special needs dogs. My rescue is Joanie's Lil Senior K9 Sanctuary and Placement and I currently have 4 Mill dogs in my house that came from some of those illustrious Mid-Western Breeders you speak so highly of. Let me tell you, if you have NOT seen a mill dog, I can tell you all about them. I have had them come in to me with NO social skills at all, matted so badly you couldn't tell one end from the other, so sick they could barely stand, no teeth or lower jaws from

the lack of proper care and the females being bred so much that their little bodies re-absorb their jaw-bone in order to have calcium for milk. Oh, I can tell you about a friend of mine in NE who gets them and some have their faces broken up from being kicked and brutally beaten by those wonderful breeders you speak so highly of. I can go right on with a list of things that would make you want to vomit but I know EXACTLY where these pups were born--Puppy Mills in the Mid-West!!! If you decide you want to learn more about those hell-holes, I will be more than happy to introduce you to my poor Mill Survivors and show you website after website with pics of these places and the ACTUAL conditions these pups came out of."

This kid is soooo convinced of the good work these Millers do that he tells me that their pups are the best in the country. They are genetically sound and have NO health

problems. He even says they were made to watch a video on the horrors of a real puppy mill but it wasn't so bad..... I could have went through the roof!!

I stood there a second and then looked him in the eye...."Have you seen these places yourself? Have you seen the actual dogs that come out of those mills? What they send you here are the cleaned up versions of the mill dogs. I recommend a site for you, NoPuppyMills.com or better yet, go to the HSUS or PETA sites and type in Puppy Mills for a list of sites and info on these "doggy concentration camps" and have a look for yourself. Also, all of the puppy purchasers who have paid anywhere from $600 to $1500 for a pup from PetLand and then spent thousands more to save the dog's life, tell them how sound and healthy their pups were too. I have seen the reports, read their statements and in NO way do I condone selling of Puppy

Mill Pups to the unsuspecting public." At this point, the kid is so blown away by the info he is hearing that he asks me if I am for real. My response--You better believe it!!

At that point, I decided I had said more than enough. This kid had a look on his face that said plenty. I paused before heading out the door, "If you think I am joking, please do check out the info on those sites I mentioned or Google Puppy Mills and see what you find..... Oh, and see, I was right, you can't help me with THOSE pups....."

This happened Nov. 1, 2006 in South Point, OH at PetLand.

Yours in rescue,

Joanie Stambaugh

McDermott, OH

Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

Maybe she sent it to someone who thought others should get it and

asked her to spread the word.

, nonhumanavenger wrote:

>

> But you are Joan, so how could you have been asked to send this

all over the internet when you are the one who composed the message?

I'm not being a smart a**... I'm just asking a logical question.

>

>

> the_hardluck_hounds

> the_hardluck_hounds

> Cc: juliatat; susiecar; ohiospca; remember;

animalcrisisteam; carol.johnson; katie.walter;

anteaterken; dotyvb; ebcjm; baspi;

linda.furness1; fuzzyfacerescue ; jbishop_1;

1byrdhouse

> Thu, 2 Nov 2006 6:46 PM

> OT>>I stopped at a Petland just to

kill some time......

>

> I have been asked to send this out all over the internet. I

posted this to a few groups and got a huge response!! Please share

as you see fit. This is about a visit to PetLand in South Point, OH

on Nov. 1, 2006....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I

was on my way to WV to do some computer work for my dad and decided

to stop and kill some time and stretch my legs. Well, instead of

going to the WalMart close by, I figured I'd go take a look inside

the PetLand I spotted close by..... Well, I walked in to a very

small but tidy store, crammed with all sorts of pet supplies and

cages and tanks to sell the new pet owners. I made my way back to

the animals along the back wall of the store. Oh, the puppies they

had there were just too numerous to even try to name all the breeds--

I do recall Peke, Pug, Dachsie, English Springer Spaniel, Cocker

Spaniel, Greyhound, JRT, Poodles, Mini Schnauzer and Chihuahuas.

There were many more too, even a French Bulldog!! As I made my way

down the length of the puppy display, simply disgusted by the

diahrreah the pups had, some were even lethargic, others were acting

like they had been given a stimulant as they bounced all over their

cage, I hear a young man " May I help you with the Puppies? " I turned

to look at this fresh-faced kid, and shook my head, " No, not with

THESE puppies. " He came closer and said " We have the finest

selection of pups around this area and they are all from excellent

breeders from the Mid-West. " I paused a second, " Oh, is that

so?? " " We have our pups vet checked and do not accept them unless

they are in perfect health " , this young man boasted. I said " Really?

So what is this stuff I keep seeing linking PetLand and Puppy Mills

all over the internet? " He pauses a second to think, " Must be a

rumor, we get our dogs from private breeders who take pride in their

litters. " At this point I was ready to just smack this kid for

being stupid and gullible. I nearly died laughing at this crap too

but it was too sad to be laughed off. " So, are your pups AKC

registered or what? " , I asked with honest sincerity. " Oh, our boss

does not think AKC is the highest standard of the breeds so he

prefers to take only CKC, ACA and a couple other registeries. As you

can see, we have excellent pups here " , this young man goes on with

his sales pitch. At this point, I had heard enough trash talk and

that was when I let him have the WHOLE story on these pups and their

origins. " Do you honestly expect me to believe that AKC is

the 'lowgrade' registery? Let me introduce myself before I continue.

My name is Joanie Stambaugh, from McDermott, OH, and I am a dog

rescuer specializing in small seniors, PUPPY MILL Dogs and special

needs dogs. My rescue is Joanie's Lil Senior K9 Sanctuary and

Placement and I currently have 4 Mill dogs in my house that came

from some of those illustrious Mid-Western Breeders you speak so

highly of. Let me tell you, if you have NOT seen a mill dog, I can

tell you all about them. I have had them come in to me with NO

social skills at all, matted so badly you couldn't tell one end from

the other, so sick they could barely stand, no teeth or lower jaws

from the lack of proper care and the females being bred so much that

their little bodies re-absorb their jaw-bone in order to have

calcium for milk. Oh, I can tell you about a friend of mine in NE

who gets them and some have their faces broken up from being kicked

and brutally beaten by those wonderful breeders you speak so highly

of. I can go right on with a list of things that would make you want

to vomit but I know EXACTLY where these pups were born--Puppy Mills

in the Mid-West!!! If you decide you want to learn more about those

hell-holes, I will be more than happy to introduce you to my poor

Mill Survivors and show you website after website with pics of these

places and the ACTUAL conditions these pups came out of. " This

kid is soooo convinced of the good work these Millers do that he

tells me that their pups are the best in the country. They are

genetically sound and have NO health problems. He even says they

were made to watch a video on the horrors of a real puppy mill but

it wasn't so bad..... I could have went through the roof!! I stood

there a second and then looked him in the eye.... " Have you seen

these places yourself? Have you seen the actual dogs that come out

of those mills? What they send you here are the cleaned up versions

of the mill dogs. I recommend a site for you, NoPuppyMills.com or

better yet, go to the HSUS or PETA sites and type in Puppy Mills for

a list of sites and info on these " doggy concentration camps " and

have a look for yourself. Also, all of the puppy purchasers who have

paid anywhere from $600 to $1500 for a pup from PetLand and then

spent thousands more to save the dog's life, tell them how sound and

healthy their pups were too. I have seen the reports, read their

statements and in NO way do I condone selling of Puppy Mill Pups to

the unsuspecting public. " At this point, the kid is so blown away by

the info he is hearing that he asks me if I am for real. My response-

-You better believe it!! At that point, I decided I had said more

than enough. This kid had a look on his face that said plenty. I

paused before heading out the door, " If you think I am joking,

please do check out the info on those sites I mentioned or Google

Puppy Mills and see what you find..... Oh, and see, I was right, you

can't help me with THOSE pups..... " This happened Nov. 1, 2006 in

South Point, OH at PetLand. Yours in rescue, Joanie Stambaugh

McDermott, OH

>

___

> Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and

security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from

across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

>

That is exactly what happened...

Cynthia is not being a smarta$$ she is being a dumbA$$ , asking illogical

questions.

Stickneys Toy Breed Retirement Sanctuary-Cortland, Nebraska

Rescue is about the good, the bad, the ugly , the old, the deaf, and the

blind.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter

and those who matter don't mind.

Those who can, do. Those who can't, bully.

DO NOT forward, cross-post, or copy this post, without written permission!

Stop Nebraska Puppymills: www.petitiononline.com/9894043/petition.html

www.maryshouse.us/Nebraska_Puppymills.htm

Troll trouble: www.webpetitions.com/cgi-bin/print_petition.cgi?99498685

Visit us on-line www.maryshouse.us/ , www.petfinder.com/shelters/NE28.html

www.cafepress.com/theoldfartsshop , http://marysdoghouse.blogspot.com/

Old Dog Health: ODHAN/

Learn to eat better yourself http://health.wholefood/

Nebraska Dog Rescue: NebraskaDogRescuers/

I-80 transport I80-Transport/

I-29 transport I29-Transport

On Behalf Of Nipshit_is_a_dipshit

Saturday, November 04, 2006 11:23 AM

Re: OT>>I stopped at a Petland just to kill some

time......

Maybe she sent it to someone who thought others should get it and asked her

to spread the word.

, nonhumanavenger wrote:

>

>

Well, let me see, Honey, I sent this to a bunch of different people

and to a select few groups. I got responses from many who do rescue

(and we know you do not) and some work hard to save Mill Dogs

(again, we know you do not) and THEY asked me to send this all over.

IF you were concerned with rescue and stopping the pet store cruelty

chain, you would be doing the same thing as the rest of us--taking

the time to actually ask questions and then tell these poor dumb

kids who work in these pet stores the REAL truth about their

employer and be able to back it up. I have been asked by several

people if they could use this on their websites and include my name

and the name of my rescue (since I do rescue, and you do not).

Now, I have better things to do than this petty exchange with you so

run along and do something constructive.

Joanie

, nonhumanavenger wrote:

>

>

>

> the_hardluck_hounds

> the_hardluck_hounds

1byrdhouse

kill some time......

>

on Nov. 1, 2006....

cage, I hear a young man " May I help you with the Puppies? " I turned

to look at this fresh-faced kid, and shook my head, " No, not with

THESE puppies. " He came closer and said " We have the finest

breeders from the Mid-West. " I paused a second, " Oh, is that

so?? " " We have our pups vet checked and do not accept them unless

they are in perfect health " , this young man boasted. I said " Really?

all over the internet? " He pauses a second to think, " Must be a

litters. " At this point I was ready to just smack this kid for

but it was too sad to be laughed off. " So, are your pups AKC

registered or what? " , I asked with honest sincerity. " Oh, our boss

can see, we have excellent pups here " , this young man goes on with

origins. " Do you honestly expect me to believe that AKC is

places and the ACTUAL conditions these pups came out of. " This

there a second and then looked him in the eye.... " Have you seen

a list of sites and info on these " doggy concentration camps " and

the unsuspecting public. " At this point, the kid is so blown away by

paused before heading out the door, " If you think I am joking,

can't help me with THOSE pups..... " This happened Nov. 1, 2006 in

McDermott, OH

>

___

> Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and

security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from

across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

>

Thank You!!! This is just what happened.... Unlike some people,

when I post something informational or useful, others asked that it

be passed on to those who can use it or can send it to others who

can...

Joanie

, " Nipshit_is_a_dipshit "

<howieblow wrote:

>

> Maybe she sent it to someone who thought others should get it and

> asked her to spread the word.

>

> , nonhumanavenger@ wrote:

> >

> > But you are Joan, so how could you have been asked to send

this

> all over the internet when you are the one who composed the

message?

> I'm not being a smart a**... I'm just asking a logical question.

> >

> >

> > the_hardluck_hounds@

> > the_hardluck_hounds@

> > Cc: juliatat@; susiecar@; ohiospca@; remember@;

> animalcrisisteam@; carol.johnson@; katie.walter@;

> anteaterken@; dotyvb@; ebcjm@; baspi@;

> linda.furness1@; fuzzyfacerescue ; jbishop_1@;

> 1byrdhouse@

> > Thu, 2 Nov 2006 6:46 PM

> > OT>>I stopped at a Petland just to

> kill some time......

> >

> > I have been asked to send this out all over the internet.

I

> posted this to a few groups and got a huge response!! Please share

> as you see fit. This is about a visit to PetLand in South Point,

OH

> on Nov. 1, 2006....

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I

> was on my way to WV to do some computer work for my dad and

decided

> to stop and kill some time and stretch my legs. Well, instead of

> going to the WalMart close by, I figured I'd go take a look inside

> the PetLand I spotted close by..... Well, I walked in to a very

> small but tidy store, crammed with all sorts of pet supplies and

> cages and tanks to sell the new pet owners. I made my way back to

> the animals along the back wall of the store. Oh, the puppies they

> had there were just too numerous to even try to name all the

breeds--

> I do recall Peke, Pug, Dachsie, English Springer Spaniel, Cocker

> Spaniel, Greyhound, JRT, Poodles, Mini Schnauzer and Chihuahuas.

> There were many more too, even a French Bulldog!! As I made my

way

> down the length of the puppy display, simply disgusted by the

> diahrreah the pups had, some were even lethargic, others were

acting

> like they had been given a stimulant as they bounced all over

their

> cage, I hear a young man " May I help you with the Puppies? " I

turned

> to look at this fresh-faced kid, and shook my head, " No, not with

> THESE puppies. " He came closer and said " We have the finest

> selection of pups around this area and they are all from excellent

> breeders from the Mid-West. " I paused a second, " Oh, is that

> so?? " " We have our pups vet checked and do not accept them unless

> they are in perfect health " , this young man boasted. I

said " Really?

> So what is this stuff I keep seeing linking PetLand and Puppy

Mills

> all over the internet? " He pauses a second to think, " Must be a

> rumor, we get our dogs from private breeders who take pride in

their

> litters. " At this point I was ready to just smack this kid for

> being stupid and gullible. I nearly died laughing at this crap too

> but it was too sad to be laughed off. " So, are your pups AKC

> registered or what? " , I asked with honest sincerity. " Oh, our boss

> does not think AKC is the highest standard of the breeds so he

> prefers to take only CKC, ACA and a couple other registeries. As

you

> can see, we have excellent pups here " , this young man goes on with

> his sales pitch. At this point, I had heard enough trash talk

and

> that was when I let him have the WHOLE story on these pups and

their

> origins. " Do you honestly expect me to believe that AKC is

> the 'lowgrade' registery? Let me introduce myself before I

continue.

> My name is Joanie Stambaugh, from McDermott, OH, and I am a dog

> rescuer specializing in small seniors, PUPPY MILL Dogs and special

> needs dogs. My rescue is Joanie's Lil Senior K9 Sanctuary and

> Placement and I currently have 4 Mill dogs in my house that came

> from some of those illustrious Mid-Western Breeders you speak so

> highly of. Let me tell you, if you have NOT seen a mill dog, I can

> tell you all about them. I have had them come in to me with NO

> social skills at all, matted so badly you couldn't tell one end

from

> the other, so sick they could barely stand, no teeth or lower jaws

> from the lack of proper care and the females being bred so much

that

> their little bodies re-absorb their jaw-bone in order to have

> calcium for milk. Oh, I can tell you about a friend of mine in NE

> who gets them and some have their faces broken up from being

kicked

> and brutally beaten by those wonderful breeders you speak so

highly

> of. I can go right on with a list of things that would make you

want

> to vomit but I know EXACTLY where these pups were born--Puppy

Mills

> in the Mid-West!!! If you decide you want to learn more about

those

> hell-holes, I will be more than happy to introduce you to my poor

> Mill Survivors and show you website after website with pics of

these

> places and the ACTUAL conditions these pups came out of. " This

> kid is soooo convinced of the good work these Millers do that he

> tells me that their pups are the best in the country. They are

> genetically sound and have NO health problems. He even says they

> were made to watch a video on the horrors of a real puppy mill but

> it wasn't so bad..... I could have went through the roof!! I

stood

> there a second and then looked him in the eye.... " Have you seen

> these places yourself? Have you seen the actual dogs that come out

> of those mills? What they send you here are the cleaned up

versions

> of the mill dogs. I recommend a site for you, NoPuppyMills.com or

> better yet, go to the HSUS or PETA sites and type in Puppy Mills

for

> a list of sites and info on these " doggy concentration camps " and

> have a look for yourself. Also, all of the puppy purchasers who

have

> paid anywhere from $600 to $1500 for a pup from PetLand and then

> spent thousands more to save the dog's life, tell them how sound

and

> healthy their pups were too. I have seen the reports, read their

> statements and in NO way do I condone selling of Puppy Mill Pups

to

> the unsuspecting public. " At this point, the kid is so blown away

by

> the info he is hearing that he asks me if I am for real. My

response-

> -You better believe it!! At that point, I decided I had said

more

> than enough. This kid had a look on his face that said plenty. I

> paused before heading out the door, " If you think I am joking,

> please do check out the info on those sites I mentioned or Google

> Puppy Mills and see what you find..... Oh, and see, I was right,

you

> can't help me with THOSE pups..... " This happened Nov. 1, 2006

in

> South Point, OH at PetLand. Yours in rescue, Joanie Stambaugh

> McDermott, OH

> >

>

> ___

> > Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety

and

> security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos

from

> across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

> >

>

Don't worry about it, Mary, even she needs a hobby.....

I don't let people like her bother me, I just go on about rescue and

ignore their assinine responses because they do nothing but sound

like idiots.

Just let this subject drop now, OK? We have better things to do with

out time than defend ourselves against people who have no life and

nothing to do with their time.

Joanie

, <theluckyone wrote:

>

>

> That is exactly what happened...

> Cynthia is not being a smarta$$ she is being a dumbA$$ , asking

illogical

> questions.

>

>

> Stickneys Toy Breed Retirement Sanctuary-Cortland, Nebraska

> Rescue is about the good, the bad, the ugly , the old, the deaf,

and the

> blind.

> Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't

matter

> and those who matter don't mind.

> Those who can, do. Those who can't, bully.

> DO NOT forward, cross-post, or copy this post, without written

permission!

> Stop Nebraska Puppymills:

www.petitiononline.com/9894043/petition.html

> www.maryshouse.us/Nebraska_Puppymills.htm

> Troll trouble: www.webpetitions.com/cgi-bin/print_petition.cgi?

> Visit us on-line www.maryshouse.us/ ,

www.petfinder.com/shelters/NE28.html

> www.cafepress.com/theoldfartsshop ,

http://marysdoghouse.blogspot.com/

> Old Dog Health: ODHAN/

> Learn to eat better yourself

http://health.wholefood/

> Nebraska Dog Rescue:

NebraskaDogRescuers/

> I-80 transport I80-Transport/

> I-29 transport I29-Transport

>

>

>

> On Behalf Of

Nipshit_is_a_dipshit

> Saturday, November 04, 2006 11:23 AM

>

> Re: OT>>I stopped at a Petland just to

kill some

> time......

>

asked her

> to spread the word.

>

> >

> > But you are Joan, so how could you have been asked to send this

message?

> >

>

NO, I really was just asking a question. I apologize to the group if it sounded like I was trying to start trouble. The message appeared to me to be composed in a manner that looked like it was written by the same person who had visited the establishment (Petland). Therefore, I was curious about this. That's all it was. Thanks for letting me know what's going on.

the_hardluck_hounds

Sun, 5 Nov 2006 8:04 PM

Re: OT>>I stopped at a Petland just to kill some time......

like idiots.

Joanie

, <theluckyone wrote:

>

>

illogical

> questions.

>

>

and the

> blind.

matter

permission!

> Nebraska Dog Rescue:

NebraskaDogRescuers/

>

>

>

> On Behalf Of

Nipshit_is_a_dipshit

>

kill some

> time......

>

asked her

> to spread the word.

>

> >

message?

Check out the new AOL. Most comprehensive set of free safety and security tools, free access to millions of high-quality videos from across the web, free AOL Mail and more.

It was just a question. I apologize to the group if it didn't sound the way that I meant it. Actually, I do try to educate pet store employees. I use to be one years ago. No, I'm NOT a rescuer...not by the standards of you guys who do on line rescue, but I try to "rescue" in one way or another...saving homeless animals from death and life on the streets. I don't do "on line" rescue other than cross posting an alert here and there, but I do what I can. But that's irrelevant. If you need to think of me as not being a rescuer then fine. I was just asking a question and apologize if I worded it in a bad way that might offend the members. I've experienced the same thing (people getting the wrong impression based upon my posts), so I would never just assume one thing or the other, which is why I ask.. Thanks.

the_hardluck_hounds

Sun, 5 Nov 2006 7:59 PM

Well, let me see, Honey, I sent this to a bunch of different people

and to a select few groups. I got responses from many who do rescue

(and we know you do not) and some work hard to save Mill Dogs

(again, we know you do not) and THEY asked me to send this all over.

IF you were concerned with rescue and stopping the pet store cruelty

chain, you would be doing the same thing as the rest of us--taking

the time to actually ask questions and then tell these poor dumb

kids who work in these pet stores the REAL truth about their

employer and be able to back it up. I have been asked by several

people if they could use this on their websites and include my name

and the name of my rescue (since I do rescue, and you do not).

Now, I have better things to do than this petty exchange with you so

run along and do something constructive.

Joanie

, nonhumanavenger wrote:

>

>

>

> the_hardluck_hounds

> the_hardluck_hounds

1byrdhouse

kill some time......

>

on Nov. 1, 2006....

cage, I hear a young man "May I help you with the Puppies?" I turned

to look at this fresh-faced kid, and shook my head, "No, not with

THESE puppies." He came closer and said "We have the finest

breeders from the Mid-West." I paused a second, "Oh, is that

so??We have our pups vet checked and do not accept them unless

they are in perfect health", this young man boasted. I said "Really?

all over the internet?" He pauses a second to think, "Must be a

litters." At this point I was ready to just smack this kid for

but it was too sad to be laughed off. "So, are your pups AKC

registered or what?", I asked with honest sincerity. "Oh, our boss

can see, we have excellent pups here", this young man goes on with

origins. "Do you honestly expect me to believe that AKC is

places and the ACTUAL conditions these pups came out of." This

there a second and then looked him in the eye...."Have you seen

a list of sites and info on these "doggy concentration camps" and

the unsuspecting public." At this point, the kid is so blown away by

paused before heading out the door, "If you think I am joking,

can't help me with THOSE pups....." This happened Nov. 1, 2006 in

McDermott, OH

Even if I was indeed a "butt kisser", there is no one's "butt" here which I would need to kiss for any reason. I don't know anyone here...not that I know of.

nonhumanavenger

Sun, 5 Nov 2006 9:18 PM

FW: Re: OT>>I stopped at a Petland just to kill some time......

what a lying butt kisser you are ...

Rescue is about the good, the bad, the ugly , the old, the deaf, and the blind.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

On Behalf Of nonhumanavenger

Sunday, November 05, 2006 7:57 PM

Re: Re: OT>>I stopped at a Petland just to kill some time......

NO, I really was just asking a question. I apologize to the group if it sounded like I was trying to start trouble. The message appeared to me to be composed in a manner that looked like it was written by the same person who had visited the establishment (Petland). Therefore, I was curious about this. That's all it was. Thanks for letting me know what's going on.

the_hardluck_hounds

like idiots.

Joanie

, <theluckyone wrote:

>

>

illogical

> questions.

>

>

and the

> blind.

matter

permission!

> Nebraska Dog Rescue:

NebraskaDogRescuers/

>

>

>

> On Behalf Of

Nipshit_is_a_dipshit

>

kill some

> time......

>

asked her

> to spread the word.

>

> >

message?

thanks for posting my email to a group...

bye

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

On Behalf Of nonhumanavengerSent: Sunday, November 05, 2006 8:28 PM Subject: Re: Re: OT>>I stopped at a Petland just to kill some time......

Even if I was indeed a "butt kisser", there is no one's "butt" here which I would need to kiss for any reason. I don't know anyone here...not that I know of.

To: nonhumanavengerSent: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 9:18 PMFW: Re: OT>>I stopped at a Petland just to kill some time......

On Behalf Of nonhumanavengerSent: Sunday, November 05, 2006 7:57 PM Subject: Re: Re: OT>>I stopped at a Petland just to kill some time......

the_hardluck_houndsTo: Sent: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 8:04 PM Re: OT>>I stopped at a Petland just to kill some time......

Don't worry about it, Mary, even she needs a hobby.....I don't let people like her bother me, I just go on about rescue and ignore their assinine responses because they do nothing but sound like idiots.Just let this subject drop now, OK? We have better things to do with out time than defend ourselves against people who have no life and nothing to do with their time.Joanie , <theluckyone wrote:>> > That is exactly what happened... > Cynthia is not being a smarta$$ she is being a dumbA$$ , asking illogical> questions.> > > Stickneys Toy Breed Retirement Sanctuary-Cortland, Nebraska > Rescue is about the good, the bad, the ugly , the old, the deaf, and the> blind.> Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter> and those who matter don't mind. > Those who can, do. Those who can't, bully.> DO NOT forward, cross-post, or copy this post, without written permission! > Stop Nebraska Puppymills: www.petitiononline.com/9894043/petition.html> www.maryshouse.us/Nebraska_Puppymills.htm > Troll trouble: www.webpetitions.com/cgi-bin/print_petition.cgi?99498685> Visit us on-line www.maryshouse.us/ , www.petfinder.com/shelters/NE28.html > www.cafepress.com/theoldfartsshop , http://marysdoghouse.blogspot.com/> Old Dog Health: ODHAN/> Learn to eat better yourself http://health.wholefood/> Nebraska Dog Rescue: NebraskaDogRescuers/> I-80 transport I80-Transport/> I-29 transport I29-Transport> > > > On Behalf Of Nipshit_is_a_dipshit> Saturday, November 04, 2006 11:23 AM> > Re: OT>>I stopped at a Petland just to kill some> time......> > Maybe she sent it to someone who thought others should get it and asked her> to spread the word.> > , nonhumanavenger@ wrote:> >> > But you are Joan, so how could you have been asked to send this> all over the internet when you are the one who composed the message? > I'm not being a smart a**... I'm just asking a logical question.

I'm sorry, what did I do? I recently changed email service providers, so I may have done something wrong. I'm sorry if I did. I'm using AOL now, which is a lot different than ... at least for ME since I'm so use to . Why did you say "bye"? Don't leave on my account. I'm sorry if I did something wrong. I know that you and I don't get along, but I don't want to disrupt this nice group. Truce in this group?

theluckyone

Sun, 5 Nov 2006 9:36 PM

RE: Re: OT>>I stopped at a Petland just to kill some time......

thanks for posting my email to a group...

bye

On Behalf Of nonhumanavenger (AT) animalrightsveganprincess (DOT) com

Sunday, November 05, 2006 8:28 PM

nonhumanavenger (AT) animalrightsveganprincess (DOT) com

Sun, 5 Nov 2006 9:18 PM

FW: Re: OT>>I stopped at a Petland just to kill some time......

On Behalf Of nonhumanavenger (AT) animalrightsveganprincess (DOT) com

Sunday, November 05, 2006 7:57 PM

the_hardluck_hounds

like idiots.

Joanie

, <theluckyone wrote:

>

>

illogical

> questions.

>

>

and the

> blind.

matter

permission!

> Nebraska Dog Rescue:

NebraskaDogRescuers/

>

>

>

> On Behalf Of

Nipshit_is_a_dipshit

>

kill some

> time......

>

asked her

> to spread the word.

>

> >

message?

What a sweet post. We need more people like you. You sound so mature

for a teenager and maybe someday you can be a REAL rescuer.

Myself? I just lurk and try to help out the best I can. If you need

any advice just let us know.

BTW, when trying to educate pet store employees try not to be so

condescending. You may notice that many of them have rolled their

eyes at you but that's just because of your age I'm sure.

Good luck. :)

, nonhumanavenger wrote:

>

> It was just a question. I apologize to the group if it didn't

sound the way that I meant it. Actually, I do try to educate pet

store employees. I use to be one years ago. No, I'm NOT a

rescuer...not by the standards of you guys who do on line rescue,

but I try to " rescue " in one way or another...saving homeless

animals from death and life on the streets. I don't do " on line "

rescue other than cross posting an alert here and there, but I do

what I can. But that's irrelevant. If you need to think of me as not

being a rescuer then fine. I was just asking a question and

apologize if I worded it in a bad way that might offend the members.

I've experienced the same thing (people getting the wrong impression

based upon my posts), so I would never just assume one thing or the

other, which is why I ask.. Thanks.

Thanks for the advice. Didn't think I sounded condescending, but there's always room for improvement regardless. However I'm not a teenager. :-)

howieblow

Sun, 5 Nov 2006 10:55 PM

What a sweet post. We need more people like you. You sound so mature

for a teenager and maybe someday you can be a REAL rescuer.

Myself? I just lurk and try to help out the best I can. If you need

any advice just let us know.

BTW, when trying to educate pet store employees try not to be so

condescending. You may notice that many of them have rolled their

eyes at you but that's just because of your age I'm sure.

Good luck. :)

, nonhumanavenger wrote:

>

> It was just a question. I apologize to the group if it didn't

sound the way that I meant it. Actually, I do try to educate pet

store employees. I use to be one years ago. No, I'm NOT a

rescuer...not by the standards of you guys who do on line rescue,

but I try to "rescue" in one way or another...saving homeless

animals from death and life on the streets. I don't do "on line"

rescue other than cross posting an alert here and there, but I do

what I can. But that's irrelevant. If you need to think of me as not

being a rescuer then fine. I was just asking a question and

apologize if I worded it in a bad way that might offend the members.

I've experienced the same thing (people getting the wrong impression

based upon my posts), so I would never just assume one thing or the

other, which is why I ask.. Thanks.