IndiaDivine.org

Do you have any friends?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I want to comment on how important it is to bring your friends, family and co-workers to BAV events. Please, please, please invite them!

You can bribe them with offers of free food. You can promise them that they won’t be preached at (and you won’t be lying). You can ask them to do it for you, because it would mean so much to you. You can combine it—invite them to a BAV event and then a walk or movie later, so they don’t feel too “threatened.”

BAV is a great way for non-veg folks to dip their toe in the water of veg living. The food is great, the people are great, there’s no ranting or raving (unless someone gets between me and the chocolate dessert) or preaching, and there’s tons of free veg literature new folks can take home and read in private. Sometimes that’s an easier way for people to digest new information, especially difficult info like animal suffering and their food choices. In the privacy of their own home, where they feel “safe” and nobody is pressuring them, AND their tummies are full of yummy vegan food.

BAV events are a lot of fun—what a great group of people Chris and Tammy have brought together—but if we can have fun AND outreach to meat-eaters, all the better. So the next time you see a BAV event that tempts you (restaurant outing, singles event, or potluck), think of your neighbor or the guy who works down the hall from your office.

If you get a friend or two to attend a potluck, and you’ve told them they don’t have to bring anything, let me know. If it’s a VFP I’m able to attend, I will personally make extra food so that they have a good event. And I will even share the chocolate dessert.

I’m posting this because of the great VFP we just had in Pacifica, where we had several new folks come and, as you all saw on the list, at least one of those new folks went veg because of the event!

I also have another great website to share:

http://goveg.com/naturalhumandiet.asp

For all those times your co-worker tells you that “humans are meant to eat meat,” or “look at my canines,” or “I’ll get sick and wither away without meat.”

This is an easy-to-read, well-documented essay refuting those silly comments.

If you glance through it yourself, you’ll be able to spout off answers about stomach acidity, intestinal length, and facial muscles at your next family dinner.

Happy three day weekend,

Alex

“Ask yourself: When you see dead animals on the side of the road, are you tempted to stop for a snack? Does the sight of a dead bird make you salivate? Do you daydream about killing cows with your bare hands and eating them raw? If you answered " no " to all of these questions, congratulations—you're a normal human herbivore—like it or not. Humans were simply not designed to eat meat. Humans lack both the physical characteristics of carnivores and the instinct that drives them to kill animals and devour their raw carcasses.”