IndiaDivine.org

Fantastic (brand) Tofu Scrambler?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi everyone

Tofu scramble is one of my favorite foods! Warren makes a great tofu scramble, I've had it before during our camping trips.

Anyways, if anyone needs a recipe with measurements for the seasoning mix, try the scrambler seasoning mix that Alex developed for SPARKS restaurant. Sadly, Sparks is out of business but Alex ( http://alexbury.com ) shares recipes.

The tofu scrambler seasoning was featured in the March newsletter for "comfort foods".http://www.bayareaveg.org/blog/heartsmart/2006/02/27/comfort_foodsNot only is it cheaper if you can make the seasoning on your own, but if you buy your ingredients in bulk, it reduces packaging too. When I am organized to do a big shop at a store with good bulk selection, I bring my own empty storage jars directly to the stores. Then, when I'm home, I just have to put the jars away, saves me a step of transfering items from plastic bags into my storage jars. Just remember to weigh the empty jars first, and write the weight down so they can deduct it at the register.

All the recipes from the BAVEG newsletter are on our website

http://www.bayareaveg.org/blog/heartsmart

Cheers,Tammy

Best of Veg 2006 - VOTE NOW - Win Prizes - www.bayareaveg.org/vote

If you want something super quick & easy, I'd combine tofu, nutritional yeast, garlic salt, & margarine. Also, you can get pre-mixed herb, so add a dash of those & maybe some soy sauce.

Thea

As a scientist, I'm confused by terminology like "a pinch of this" and "a dash of that" (a point I tried making to mom many a time, tono avail I might add). That's why the packaged mix from Fantasticwas so... um... fantastic! No guessing involved: just mix and cook.I will try out the recipes found on Search and see which one works.

Ajay

Thea Langsam <thea_langsam

Ajay <ajayboots;

Wednesday, November 8, 2006 10:43:41 AM

Re: Fantastic (brand) Tofu Scrambler?

If you want something super quick & easy, I'd combine tofu, nutritional yeast, garlic salt, & margarine. Also, you can get pre-mixed herb, so add a dash of those & maybe some soy sauce.

Thea

Sponsored Link

$200,000 mortgage for $660/mo - 30/15 yr fixed, reduce debt, home equity - Click now for info