IndiaDivine.org

Where to Go for Knock-Out Vegan Birthday Cake?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Howdy folks!

I'm celebrating my 100,000th birthday (base 2) next Thursday, December

7, and I want to order a big vegan sheet cake with HAPPY 100,000TH on

it to celebrate the occasion.

My question is ... what vegan bakery would be most appropriate for

this? Is there one in San Francisco, preferably downtown and/or near

the Top of the Mark (in the Mark Hopkins Hotel, at the top of Nob

Hill), where the birthday celebration will be? If your recommended

bakery is far away from that location, no worries, it may still work

for me. I don't have a car, but if the bakery is far away, hopefully I

can elbow-twist a dear friend into picking up the cake for me or maybe

I can take a cab.

Thanks for your help!

Hugs,

Rachel

This is too far for you to take a cab, but if you can manage to get your friend to go, it's well worth the drive... Black China Bakery in Santa Cruz makes the best vegan cakes in the world! I always get my cakes there, even though it's a trip for me too (over the hill from San Jose). They have the most delicious vegan chocolate peanut butter cake, and plenty of other choices. I've always had layered round cakes, but I'm sure a sheet is no problem. Remember to specify vegan, as they make "regular" cakes, too. But the vegan ones are so good that even non-vegan friends who didn't know they were eating a vegan cake have still told me they're the best cakes they've ever had.-Mike BorgP.S. I am not affiliated with Black China Bakery in any way. Just a huge

fan. ______________________ "Man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats flesh, he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite and to act so is immoral." ~ TolstoyRachel Donovan <racheldonovan Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 10:22:46 AM Where to Go for Knock-Out Vegan Birthday Cake?

Howdy folks!

I'm celebrating my 100,000th birthday (base 2) next Thursday, December

7, and I want to order a big vegan sheet cake with HAPPY 100,000TH on

it to celebrate the occasion.

My question is ... what vegan bakery would be most appropriate for

this? Is there one in San Francisco, preferably downtown and/or near

the Top of the Mark (in the Mark Hopkins Hotel, at the top of Nob

Hill), where the birthday celebration will be? If your recommended

bakery is far away from that location, no worries, it may still work

for me. I don't have a car, but if the bakery is far away, hopefully I

can elbow-twist a dear friend into picking up the cake for me or maybe

I can take a cab.

Thanks for your help!

Hugs,

Rachel

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail beta.

Hi Rachel (and Mike) and All,

As I wrote Rachel, Maggie Mudd will deliver their vegan ICE CREAM cakes anywhere in the city. Black China Bakery sells their cakes at various locations closer for San Francisco than Santa Cruz and they'll also deliver special ordered vegan cakes to many of those places, so you could order one and have it delivered to a close, easy to pick up, place. Call them and ask. Sometimes, they deliver to SF & area on specific days of the week.

Best wishes for a happy birthday!

Lisa

To all the discussion about MaggieMudd vegan ice cream cakes, I also wanted to add that MM can decorate the cake with your picture on it.

http://www.bayareaveg.org/ug/display.htm?id=126

And, while this isn't necessarily an option for buying a birthday cake, I've gone to two of the vegan baking classes that Christine has taught (trying bundt cake, 3 pies, and oatmeal raisin cookie) and the bundt cake was awesome. So for anyone who wants to become more familiar or self-sufficient in regards to vegan baking, check out the upcoming classes (it's holiday cookies this month)

http://bayareaveg.org/events

Thea, sorry to hear you've tasteless experience with Black China. I've bought slices at restaurants and it has been dry. I think it's when the cake has been old.

I've also had some incredibly fresh Black China cake that has been awesome. I haven't done this in awhile, but Rainbow Grocery sells Black China cake - a single layer round cake - and I've always had good success with those. And, if we haven't managed to eat it entirely, Black China cake does freeze well.

Cheers,

Tammy

Bay Area Vegetarianswww.BayAreaVeg.org