IndiaDivine.org

healthy pets act roadtrip to sacramanto may 16

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

What: Road Trip to SacramentoWhy: AB 1634 Healthy Pets Act Appropriations Hearing When: Wednesday, May 16, hearing begins at 9am, we will be leaving early morning returning late afternoon/evening. Where: State Capitol Building - Room 4202, (our State Capitol is located at 10th St & "L" St., Sacramento).I am interested in getting a group of supporters to drive to Sacramento Wednesday morning to be at the hearing. There's lots of opposition to this bill, from the AKC. I live in the southbay, so this is mainly for southbayers, although if you want to drive to a meeting place along to route, we could pick folks up. The van rental is about $70 plus gas. Depending on how many people go, it will be very cheap. We will just divide the total. Also, I am sure there are some great veggie restaurants up there we will have to check out. So let's support this important legislation, have some fun, and of course, eat! We will have

to leave VERY early to get to the hearing by 9am. But hey, we will be able to see the sunrise!! :0 We will be returning after the hearing. it looks like they are going to try to put this bill up first because of the publicity. I'll know more Friday about that. Shouldn't be late.Email by Sunday, and I will decide if there is enough support to rent the van. I'll be going either way (with another organized group of supporters if this doesn't work out). Why the Healthy Pets Act is Needed: Every year, over 800,000 pets are abandoned in California. Aggressive stray dogs roam through many neighborhoods, increasing the danger of dog bites and the transmission of rabies. And taxpayers spend $250 million to house abandoned cats and dogs in shelters and then sadly, euthanize (kill) the majority of these pets. There is a proven approach to solve this problem: mandatory spay/neuter laws. With the wide availability of free and low-cost

spay/neuter services, mandatory spay/neuter laws do not pose a financial burden for pet owners. It’s a common sense solution to the growing problem of pet overpopulation. Why should you come: We need you to be counted in the permanent record that you support the bill, and we must outnumber the breeders and the other opposition. Our voices must be heard for the ones that are voiceless; we cannot let the special interests and the others that profit from animals beat us. It is inexcusable to continue the status quo in our state of killing over 400,000 dogs and cats per year just because we cannot find them a home, or because we cannot get ourselves to Sacramento. We don’t want to have regrets that we should have done more, we must give this our ALL. Please send this information to all supporters! Thanks!! http://cahealthypets.com/ be the change...

Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell? Check out

new cars at Autos.