IndiaDivine.org

Peaceable Kingdom

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I second that Kristina! I was at the West Coast premiere last night. My fiance, a pretty devout meat eater, decided to come with me. I was rather surprised.

The pre-film speeches by William Baldwin and the filmmakers were really well done and inspiring. And then the film started. People in the audience were collectively stunned, disturbed, inspired and awe-struck. It ended with a standing ovation and a great post discussion with the founders of Animal Sanctuary in New York, what the film largely focuses on.

Finally, James Cromwell came on stage and said, "What are we going to do about this?" He said the easiest thing for us to do to stop this factory farming plight is simply go vegan. A tool for this was to show this film to as many people as possible.

I knew my fiance was a lot more shaken by the footage of factory farming ills than he expected to be. I had told him some things from reading, but there is nothing like seeing it happen before your eyes to bring the truth home. He said that the way those animals are being treated is just not necessary. It was like a part of his mind was just opened up.

You could have knocked me over with a feather when, in the car, on the way home, he said, "I'm not saying that I can go 100% vegan....but I'm giving it serious thought." Wow!

This is truly a powerful film. Buy it!!! Share it!!!

Jen

lv2breathe wrote:

Hi

Just wanted to share with all you caring vegans out there.

There is a new documentary put out there by Tribe of Heart called "Peaceable Kingdom". Don't let it go by without seeing it! I've been veg for years...and I am committed to being lifelong but seeing this film felt like a spiritual experience for me. I feel renewed and committed to doing more of what I can to help. Also, they want this film to be shown in community centers and the like and I am going try it. It is a wonderful way to show meat eaters or those who don't really understand our issues to get acquanted with them in a sad (some factory farming footage but only enough to understand the picture) but also very joyful and interesting way.

Don't miss it! And see it with someone you love if you can.

http://www.tribeofheart.org/pk.htm Here is the official website.

KristinaTo send an email to -

Finance Tax Center - File online. File on time.

Guest guest

I think that's awesome that people who saw the movie were moved enough to even consider cutting down on animal consumption! I think it's also great that you guys could bring friends and family and act as a representative. I don't know that I could do it, unfortunately.

How do you guys muster up the strength to watch the factory farming? Is it not as brutal as stuff that PETA shows?

I forced myself to watch a few hours of various PETA videos on the internet a few months ago just to remind myself what the animals go through. I hadn't seen any factory farming pics or video in about 11 years. Even though I wish I could, I can't imagine having to sit and watch it again. I can't take the fury and disgust that I'd feel.

Maybe I'm just a wimp, but I think I'd be dreading going to see the movie more than going to the dentist, and I hate that! Hard to convince people that's it's worth watching when I can't even bring myself to see it.

Thanks, Dave.

Guest guest

Hi Kristina,

Our local vegetarian club had a showing

of this at the library last weekend, and I had hoped to attend but it was the

only day I could get extended family together for my son’s first birthday

- (everyone loved the vegan cupcakes tho’!)

I think I will order a copy of it, and I’m

sure my daughters will lend it out to plenty of their friends!

Thanks for the recommendation!

Lisa

lv2breathe

[lv2breathe]

Saturday, March

20, 2004 4:58 PM

Cc: Lv2breathe

Peaceable Kingdom

Hi

Just wanted to share with all you

caring vegans out there.

There is a new documentary put out

there by Tribe of Heart called " Peaceable Kingdom " . Don't let

it go by without seeing it! I've been veg for years...and I am committed

to being lifelong but seeing this film felt like a spiritual experience for

me. I feel renewed and committed to doing more of what I can to

help. Also, they want this film to be shown in community centers and the

like and I am going try it. It is a wonderful way to show meat eaters or

those who don't really understand our issues to get acquanted with them in a

sad (some factory farming footage but only enough to understand the picture)

but also very joyful and interesting way.

Don't miss it! And see it with

someone you love if you can.

http://www.tribeofheart.org/pk.htm

Here is the official website.

Kristina

To

send an email to -

Guest guest

Hi,

The tour details on the site only had a handful of US showings...Anyone know

how to get to see it in the UK?

John

-

<lv2breathe

Cc: <Lv2breathe

Saturday, March 20, 2004 9:58 PM

Peaceable Kingdom

> Hi

>

> Just wanted to share with all you caring vegans out there.

>

> There is a new documentary put out there by Tribe of Heart called

" Peaceable

> Kingdom " . Don't let it go by without seeing it! I've been veg for

> years...and I am committed to being lifelong but seeing this film felt

like a spiritual

> experience for me. I feel renewed and committed to doing more of what I

can

> to help. Also, they want this film to be shown in community centers and

the

> like and I am going try it. It is a wonderful way to show meat eaters or

those

> who don't really understand our issues to get acquanted with them in a sad

> (some factory farming footage but only enough to understand the picture)

but also

> very joyful and interesting way.

>

> Don't miss it! And see it with someone you love if you can.

>

> http://www.tribeofheart.org/pk.htm Here is the official website.

>

> Kristina

>

Guest guest

In a message dated 3/24/04 3:30:35 AM Pacific Standard Time, writes:

I think that's awesome that people who saw the movie were moved enough to even consider cutting down on animal consumption! I think it's also great that you guys could bring friends and family and act as a representative. I don't know that I could do it, unfortunately. How do you guys muster up the strength to watch the factory farming? Is it not as brutal as stuff that PETA shows? I forced myself to watch a few hours of various PETA videos on the internet a few months ago just to remind myself what the animals go through. I hadn't seen any factory farming pics or video in about 11 years. Even though I wish I could, I can't imagine having to sit and watch it again. I can't take the fury and disgust that I'd feel. Maybe I'm just a wimp, but I think I'd be dreading going to see the movie more than going to the dentist, and I hate that! Hard to convince people that's it's worth watching when I can't even bring myself to see it. Thanks, Dave

Dave

I feel the same way. It totally is hard for me to watch those movies...I can become comatose for days. But you know what? This movie was different. It didn't try to shock you and it just showed enough. Plus, there was a lot of joy in it too. They would show happy farm animals at the sanctuary with some humor mixed in as well. The moview goes back and forth from happy Farm Sanctuary and the joy there to small clips of factory farming in black and white. What I did...when I found it too much I just averted my eyes...but I noticed I was the ONLY person around me doing that...everyone else could watch it. I think it's more mild than the regular factory farming videos.

Kristina

Guest guest

Same here - seeing these things once is enough to last a lifetime - not something you forget or want to repeat.

Jo

-

lv2breathe

Cc: Lv2breathe

Wednesday, March 24, 2004 4:16 PM

Re:Peaceable Kingdom

In a message dated 3/24/04 3:30:35 AM Pacific Standard Time, writes:

I think that's awesome that people who saw the movie were moved enough to even consider cutting down on animal consumption! I think it's also great that you guys could bring friends and family and act as a representative. I don't know that I could do it, unfortunately. How do you guys muster up the strength to watch the factory farming? Is it not as brutal as stuff that PETA shows? I forced myself to watch a few hours of various PETA videos on the internet a few months ago just to remind myself what the animals go through. I hadn't seen any factory farming pics or video in about 11 years. Even though I wish I could, I can't imagine having to sit and watch it again. I can't take the fury and disgust that I'd feel. Maybe I'm just a wimp, but I think I'd be dreading going to see the movie more than going to the dentist, ! and I hate that! Hard to convince people that's it's worth watching when I can't even bring myself to see it. Thanks, Dave

Dave

I feel the same way. It totally is hard for me to watch those movies...I can become comatose for days. But you know what? This movie was different. It didn't try to shock you and it just showed enough. Plus, there was a lot of joy in it too. They would show happy farm animals at the sanctuary with some humor mixed in as well. The moview goes back and forth from happy Farm Sanctuary and the joy there to small clips of factory farming in black and white. What I did...when I found it too much I just averted my eyes...but I noticed I was the ONLY person around me doing that...everyone else could watch it. I think it's more mild than the regular factory farming videos.

Kristina

To send an email to -

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

Dear Sunny and List,

You wrote, "What is the name of the movie? That was made by vegetarians, and we had a movie screening over 4 years ago at War memorial in SF? That movie reallymade at least 20 people become a vegetarian."

The movie was Peaceable Kingdom, produced by Tribe of Heart, shown in July 2004, at Herbst Auditorium (adjacent to the War Memorial Opera House). I had been vegetarian nearly all my life and I walked out of that movie a vegan. It is very powerful.

Best wishes, Bonnie Knight, San FranciscoSee what's free at AOL.com.