IndiaDivine.org

Beagle puppies FOUND help :-)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all

Cybrena, thanks for posting the update! (It is below in its entirety for anyone who missed it the first time)

Too often, when a local alert like this goes out locally, people who want to help keep spreading the alert farther and farther, without checking if help is still needed.

So for anyone who has received the alert -- please also share the GOOD news in all the places you reposted the plea for help.

Tammy

cybrena [cybrena] Monday, October 01, 2007 1:50 PMmary vincent; bay area vegetariansRe: Beagle puppies need help!!

Regarding Beagle Puppies in need of help:I’ve been informed by a few rescue groups that they are all safe and spoken for!:) Cybrena

Dear Tammy and all,

Thank you for affirming the importance of checking to see if help is still needed before sending out an alert. I sent it out to over 20 dog rescue organizations and then got emails back from a handful of them telling me that they had checked into it themselves and were told that the dogs were all safe and spoken for. I then sent out emails to all of them again with that update to avoid them sending it out further like you mentioned can happen.

Unfortunately a few minutes ago I received an email from a beagle rescue organization who sent me a message with a link the ALZA’s website. Here is what it says on their site:

ALZA Responds to Inaccurate and Misleading Information Regarding Dogs Housed at Its Campus

October 4, 2007

Unfortunately, inaccurate and misleading information has been circulating on the Internet about ALZA's plans for dogs housed at its campus. There is no public adoption program. The animals will be properly cared for and relocated to a different facility when ALZA closes at the end of the year. We regret this unfortunate misunderstanding and appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

And here is the email I received from the beagle rescue group:

Here's a link to a press release I was just sent from another beagle rescue.

http://www.alza.com/alza/press_room

Janet Doesschate

BARCSC

To be honest, I don’t know what to believe. When I got the emails from the rescue groups saying the dogs were ok I wondered if that were in fact true and I emailed the original contact person so that I could confirm it but never received a reply. Unfortunately the company statement is probably the truth but it could be that some of their stakeholders were not happy with the adoption of the dogs and so they made that statement to cover it up. Very Unlikely but possible.

Cybrena

From Tammy:

Hi all

Cybrena, thanks for posting the update! (It is below in its entirety for anyone who missed it the first time)

Too often, when a local alert like this goes out locally, people who want to help keep spreading the alert farther and farther, without checking if help is still needed.

So for anyone who has received the alert -- please also share the GOOD news in all the places you reposted the plea for help.

Tammy

cybrena [cybrena]

Monday, October 01, 2007 1:50 PM

mary vincent; bay area vegetarians

Re: Beagle puppies need help!!

Regarding Beagle Puppies in need of help:

I’ve been informed by a few rescue groups that they are all safe and spoken for!

:) Cybrena

I just sent an email to Netti Azoulay, the original person who sent out the call for help with her email. and to Rick Bible, the contact person stated on the email (presumably they are partners as both their last names are contained in Rick Bible’s email). Here is my email to Rick:

Hi Rick,

Regarding an email sent out by Nettie Azoulay (perhaps your partner as your email contains both your names?) I have gotten emails from a handful of rescue organizations saying that they contacted you or ALZA and were told that the puppies were all safe and spoken for. Then yesterday I received a link to the ALZA website which states that there is no public adoption program and the dogs will be transferred to another ALZA facility when they close their doors at the end of the year. Can you please let me know your understanding of what happened and what is happening with these dogs?

Thanks so much,

Cybrena