IndiaDivine.org

vegan pizza pies in SF?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hey everyone. Are there any places left in SF where once

can get vegan pizza pies, in order to cater an event of 20 humans? Thanks…

Best,

Andrea Brooks of Education and Client Advocacy

PAWS - Pets Are Wonderful Support

415.979.9550 ext 304

> Are there any places left in SF where once can get vegan pizza pies, in order to cater an event of 20 humans? Thanks…

I think there are definitely restaurants that offer a vegan pizza if you opt-opt of the moo cheese. You could potentially bring your own Follow Your Heart vegan cheeze and ask them to put that on the pizza.

Additionally, I just recalled, earlier this summer, Alex posted the below - has anyone tried this place ?? Feedback (pun intended!) please!

Thanks,

Tammy

Alex Bury [alex]

details about the new pizza place;

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/08/23/NSEMRKOF1.DTL

Two boys from Boston have opened up a super-friendly pizzeria way out on San Francisco's Noriega Street. So far out, in fact, that it's popular with Ocean Beach longboarders, who stop in for a bit of après-surf sustenance.

The cheerful hangout serves pizza whole or by the slice, bringing together East Coast-style superthin crusts with California-fresh toppings. About half the pies are vegetarian, and there's a vegan option called Timmy's Pie ($16 medium/$22 large), with vegan pesto, roasted potatoes and red peppers, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and caramelized onions.

Among the other meatless versions, we liked the Greek ($16/$22), which is loaded with fresh spinach, halved cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion and a smattering of black olives.

I'm not sure it's vegan, but I order a deep dish veg with no cheese from Little Star on Divisadero and with fake cheese from Pan Handle Pizza. Good luck.ToddOn 10/9/07,

Tammy, BAVeg <t wrote:

> Are there any places left in SF where once can get vegan pizza pies, in order to cater an event of 20 humans? Thanks…

I think there are definitely restaurants that offer a vegan pizza if you opt-opt of the moo cheese. You could potentially bring your own Follow Your Heart vegan cheeze and ask them to put that on the pizza.

Additionally, I just recalled, earlier this summer, Alex posted the below - has anyone tried this place ?? Feedback (pun intended!) please!

Thanks,

Tammy

Alex Bury [alex

]

details about the new pizza place;

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/08/23/NSEMRKOF1.DTL

Two boys from Boston have opened up a super-friendly pizzeria way out on San Francisco's Noriega Street. So far out, in fact, that it's popular with Ocean Beach longboarders, who stop in for a bit of après-surf sustenance.

The cheerful hangout serves pizza whole or by the slice, bringing together East Coast-style superthin crusts with California-fresh toppings. About half the pies are vegetarian, and there's a vegan option called Timmy's Pie ($16 medium/$22 large), with vegan pesto, roasted potatoes and red peppers, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and caramelized onions.

Among the other meatless versions, we liked the Greek ($16/$22), which is loaded with fresh spinach, halved cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion and a smattering of black olives.

The deep dish pizza crust at Little Star is not vegan (butter), but their thin crust is vegan. Todd Sayre <ypsiboy wrote: I'm not sure it's vegan, but I order a deep dish veg with no cheese from Little Star on Divisadero and with fake cheese from Pan Handle Pizza. Good luck.Todd On 10/9/07, Tammy, BAVeg <t (AT) bayareaveg (DOT) org> wrote: > Are there any places left in SF where once can get vegan pizza pies, in order to cater an event of 20 humans? Thanks… I think there are definitely restaurants that offer a vegan pizza if you opt-opt of the moo cheese. You could potentially bring your own Follow Your Heart vegan cheeze and ask them to put that on the pizza. Additionally, I just recalled, earlier this summer, Alex posted the below - has anyone tried this place ?? Feedback (pun intended!) please! Thanks, Tammy Alex Bury [alex (AT) alexbury (DOT) com ] details about the new pizza place; http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/08/23/NSEMRKOF1.DTL Two boys from Boston have opened up a super-friendly pizzeria way out on San Francisco's Noriega Street. So far out, in fact, that it's popular with Ocean Beach longboarders, who stop in for a bit of après-surf sustenance. The cheerful hangout serves pizza whole or by the slice, bringing together East Coast-style superthin crusts with

California-fresh toppings. About half the pies are vegetarian, and there's a vegan option called Timmy's Pie ($16 medium/$22 large), with vegan pesto, roasted potatoes and red peppers, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and caramelized onions. Among the other meatless versions, we liked the Greek ($16/$22), which is loaded with fresh spinach, halved cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion and a smattering of black olives.

Shape in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!

From Myles:

You can " make your own " at XTreme Pizza, including pies without

cheese at all. They even feature one of their own pies that comes

without cheese. Also, they do have soy cheese, but I can't attest to

whether or not it contains any dairy (much soy cheese, regrettably,

does).

Last time I checked, their crust was not vegan and their soy cheese wasn't vegan either. That was a couple of years ago. I called them and they put the phone down to ask. I could hear them in the background saying disparaging comments about vegans. I don't think they deserve our money even if it's to buy a salad.

I have heard very good things about the vegan pizzas at "The Pizza Place" located at 46th and Noriega St. in SF. I also heard the sweet potato fries were really good too!

Warren

Xtreem Pizza's is now a franchise

They changed the dough 4 years ago to include egg

When they first started the dough was vegan. I asked the President to

keep the dough vegan, but wasn't successful.

SO, check again, if their dough is has eggs or is vegan

winnie

@sfba, Myles Silton <msilton wrote:

>

> From Myles:

>

> You can "make your own" at XTreme Pizza, including pies without

> cheese at all. They even feature one of their own pies that comes

> without cheese. Also, they do have soy cheese, but I can't attest

to

> whether or not it contains any dairy (much soy cheese, regrettably,

> does).

>

************************************** See what's new at http://www.aol.com

Xtreem Pizza's is now a franchise

They changed the dough 4 years ago to include egg

When they first started the dough was vegan. I asked the President to

keep the dough vegan, but wasn't successful.

SO, check again, if their dough is has eggs or is vegan

winnie

, Myles Silton <msilton wrote:

>

> From Myles:

>

> You can " make your own " at XTreme Pizza, including pies without

> cheese at all. They even feature one of their own pies that comes

> without cheese. Also, they do have soy cheese, but I can't attest

to

> whether or not it contains any dairy (much soy cheese, regrettably,

> does).

>

I tried the Pizza Place on Noriega last weekend – and had the vegan pizza

(Timmy’s Pie, I think) which was pretty tasty. Vegan pesto, potatoes, cherry

tomatoes. It wasn’t as zesty or spicy as I usually like my pizza, but pretty

good nonetheless – and super good the day after.

Also, the sweet potatoes wedges were really quite amazing with the buffalo wing

sauce! Mmmmmmm....

Oh, isn’t the Virgin over at Pizza Orgasmica vegan, too?

http://toolbar.Care2.com Make your computer carbon-neutral (free).

http://www.Care2.com Green Living, Human Rights and more - 7 million members!