IndiaDivine.org

Green 960 radio show host really minimizes prosecution of Vick

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello All.

Last night at 11 p.m., I started listening to the Mike Malloy Show on Green 960 (960 AM), the progressive commercial radio station for the bay area (used to be called Air America). I was shocked at what I heard and immediately had to turn the show off in disgust.

Malloy is, in general, very compassionate toward the poor, and toward " the underdog " in any situation. Imagine my shock, then, when he started minimizing what Vick had done and asking if this was not more a matter of race than anything else (Vick is African American). I would have been less shocked if this was mainstream media, but this is supposed to be a forum for those who are for the underpriveleged, as opposed to just what will get the most listeners/make the most money.

To strengthen his argument, he read an email from a fan identifying himself as " a black man " who *really* minimized and trivialized Vick's dog-fighting and dog-fighting in general. To close, he played an old novelty song from the 70s called " Dead Puppies aren't much Fun " .

I have already written to him to complain and I suggest that if you want to do likewise (which of course I strongly encourage), try to listen to the show (it's on the Nova M radio network, even though it's carried by Green 960 who carries mostly Air America programs) first. Shows are archived at novam.com and yesterday's is already on there. You won't have to listen long, because he goes on this tirade very early into the show.

You can write him at malloy and there is a message board at novam.com

How sad that someone who devotes his life to helping suffering people and exposing the hypocrisy of the powerful would have so little compassion for such savagely abused and killed dogs.

Stephanie

Actually, it's not uncommon for people (often politically far left people) who are concerned about social justice, equal rights and so on, could care less about animals. It seems they are so dedicated to the plight of people, they feel animal rights is a waste of time and resources. KPFA is a really good example of that and the main reason I don't support them and gave up listening to them. Cheers - MoyaS Falcone <bekindbecause wrote: Hello All. Last night at 11 p.m.,

I started listening to the Mike Malloy Show on Green 960 (960 AM), the progressive commercial radio station for the bay area (used to be called Air America). I was shocked at what I heard and immediately had to turn the show off in disgust. Malloy is, in general, very compassionate toward the poor, and toward "the underdog" in any situation. Imagine my shock, then, when he started minimizing what Vick had done and asking if this was not more a matter of race than anything else (Vick is African American). I would have been less shocked if this was mainstream media, but this is supposed to be a forum for those who are for the underpriveleged, as opposed to just what will get the most listeners/make the most money. To strengthen his argument, he read an email from a fan identifying himself as "a black man" who *really* minimized and trivialized Vick's dog-fighting and

dog-fighting in general. To close, he played an old novelty song from the 70s called "Dead Puppies aren't much Fun". I have already written to him to complain and I suggest that if you want to do likewise (which of course I strongly encourage), try to listen to the show (it's on the Nova M radio network, even though it's carried by Green 960 who carries mostly Air America programs) first. Shows are archived at novam.com and yesterday's is already on there. You won't have to listen long, because he goes on this tirade very early into the show. You can write him at malloy (AT) malloy (DOT) com and there is a message board at novam.com How sad that someone who devotes his life to helping suffering people and exposing the hypocrisy of the powerful would have so little

compassion for such savagely abused and killed dogs. Stephanie

Our first duty to our little brothers and sisters, the animals, is never to do them any harm. Our responsibilities do not end there, however. We are obligated to help them whenever they require it. – Saint Francis

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Actually, what most people don't realize is that

_because_ we are so callous towards our fellow

animals, it is _easier_ for us to be callous towards

our fellow humans.

Because we find it acceptable to rip a baby calf away

from its mother to imprison it in a veal cage, it is

easier to accept child labor practices.

Because it is acceptable to imprison a cow in a feed

lot and imprison it for the sake of milk, it is easier

to accept sweatshops and bonded labor.

I could go on and on.

This is not just radical talk. Just take a look around

you and see how animals are treated for economic

reasons, and compare that to how humans are treated

for the same. The similarities will shock you.

(end of my Friday rant.)

Ajay

--- Moya Stone <agathasprose wrote:

> Actually, it's not uncommon for people (often

> politically far left people) who are concerned about

> social justice, equal rights and so on, could care

> less about animals. It seems they are so dedicated

> to the plight of people, they feel animal rights is

> a waste of time and resources. . . . .

>

> Cheers - Moya