IndiaDivine.org

Supreme Master

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all,

Thanks for your input on this topic. I was pretty unclear as to what this book and the

Supreme Master were all about. The book was pretty vague, and no-one at the

restaurant could offer me any information about The Supreme Master or her

birds. I was told that they don't know where this land is or where she lives

or even where her birds come from.

I have been a long-time supporter of Golden Era, etc. and will continue to

support them because of the simple fact that it's a vegan restaurant.

However, this book kind of gave me the creeps, to be honest. All of the

photos of the birds were altered in Photoshop, which has to make one wonder.

The birds were photographed, then cut out in Photoshop and placed over

natural settings while still sitting on perches.

I'm not making any judgements about The Supreme Master, and I agree with her

philosophy on many issues; however, I just had to ask. Thanks for your

insight.

Jen

Hi all,Big misunderstanding. Everyone is missing the whole point of this book. Supreme Master Ching Hai's main intention of this book is to help humans understand more about the animal world, and how we should love animals.If you read inside, all the birds were rescued or given to her because the ex-owners abandoned them. Despite her busy schedule, she agreed to keep them because she can't bear to see them suffer. She healed and loved them, all in open space in her own backyard. You can see in this dvd : http://www.thecelestialshop.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=67 & products_id=672She wrote in the preface of the book:"These are the examples of what should beThe life of our friends, sweet animals. Be it on land, on air or in the sea. They should be loved, protected and cherished. Just like the life we so wish. Dearest Heaven, Dear Lord of Karma, please do love and care for all creatures. For it breaks my heart to see their

plight. I cannot bear to see them suffer. There're plenty places in Heaven above, take them all up and give them love. This's my little prayer for all beings:Just your little Love and Compassion. May all be well, live and let live. All Love, all care and all forgive." YvonneJennifer Blum <jenniferblum wrote: Hi all, Thanks for your input on this topic. I was pretty

unclear as to what this book and the Supreme Master were all about. The book was pretty vague, and no-one at the restaurant could offer me any information about The Supreme Master or her birds. I was told that they don't know where this land is or where she lives or even where her birds come from. I have been a long-time supporter of Golden Era, etc. and will continue to support them because of the simple fact that it's a vegan restaurant. However, this book kind of gave me the creeps, to be honest. All of the photos of the birds were altered in Photoshop, which has to make one wonder. The birds were photographed, then cut out in Photoshop and placed over natural settings while still sitting on perches. I'm not making any judgements about The Supreme Master, and I agree with her philosophy on many issues; however, I just had to ask. Thanks for your insight. Jen

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Hi all

Yvonne, thanks for so kindly clarifying this information

> Big misunderstanding. Everyone is missing the whole point of this book.

> If you read inside, all the birds were rescued or given to her because the ex-owners abandoned them.

It seems apparent now that the question arose because people saw the book at the restaurant and when the staff at the restaurant did not have good answers about the source of the birds (were they purchased or rescued), hence the questions that were posted to the list asking if anyone else knew.

Seems to me it would have been helpful if the restaurant staff were more knowledgeable about the book at their restaurant, as that would have resolved the issue very easily.

I would also like to add that Golden Era has provided an area for literature and for quite awhile know there is a supply of Vegan Outreach pamphlets as well as PETA Vegetarian Starter Kits.

Cheers,

Tammy

A dead cow or sheep lying in the pasture is recognized as carrion. The same sort of carcass dressed and hung up in a butchers stall passes as food. - J. H. Kellogg

Upcoming BAVeg Events:

01/29 College leafletting - Academy of Art University, SF 02/01 BAVeg @ Speak Up for Animals! - SF 02/09 Have a Heart, Go Veg Leafleting & Dinner - SF 02/17 Coffee and Advocacy - SF 02/29 Veganauts: Leap Year Mission - SF 03/02 Food For Thought: Making Burros Fly: Cleveland Amory, Animal Rescue Pioneer - Mountain View Sign-up for our monthly newsletter to stay informed and active!

the BOOKS (2) on her rescued BIRDS and DOGS are available to read at

the restaurant for free at Golden Buddha-Clement Between 9th and 10th

Ave. I saw it today and I told them to keep it at the restaurant for a

least 2 weeks. (it's a beautiful photography book, even kids will

enjoy looking at)

I was told they don't release the birds into the wild, cause they might

get killed for the outside elements. (A Ching Mai follower told me, he

is dating the owner)

Feel free to call ahead to make sure the book is still there. Also,

Limited time, they are giving away free Ching Hai bags, (it's in the

rear table),, the one that promotes not eating animals.

Just want to clarify GOlden Buddha is owned by Cousins of the Golden

Lotus and GOlden Era-Dong Family. However, Golden Buddha is not

financially affliated with the other restaurants. (Golden Buddha do

their own thing..)

Golden Buddha's owners are mostly veggie, but not 100%... (I'm working

on them to be veg)

winnie

, " Tammy, BAVeg " <t wrote:

>

> Hi all

>

> Yvonne, thanks for so kindly clarifying this information