IndiaDivine.org

Vegan Soul Food restaurant

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I haven't seen any postings about this, but Tamera Dyson (who sells vegan soul food at the Oakland Grand Lake Farmer's Market) is opening up a new restaurant on 13th St. It's near the Tribune building, just across the street from Golden Lotus. They were originally going to open yesterday but when I went I saw a sign saying they were opening today. I'm going to visit them tonight probably ... will let you all know how it turns out.

Guest guest

The restaurant is called Souley Vegan and yesterday was the first day of business. Tamera Dyson is the owner/chef. They're at 431 13th Street, next to the Tribune building and across 13th from Golden Lotus.

To start with, they have a limited menu, similar to what they have at the Oakland Grand Lake Farmers' Market. They'll be expanding their menu soon. Also, for anyone who's wondering, Tamera said that they're still going to be at the Farmers' Market. They're open until 9 I believe.

I took a photo of their menu and here's a transcription (I'm doing this quickly so please excuse any mistakes):

Menu:$4 each: collard greens, lentils, yams, cabbage, mac & cheese (made with nutritional yeast)$4.75: potato salad$1.50: cornbread

$4.25: bbq tofu, crispy tofu$5.50: lasagna$6.00: tofu burgerAny 3 items are $10, additional items are $2/item. Suggested combos:

Soul Food Plate: Collard greens, lentils, yams, and rice.BBQ Tofu Plate: BBQ tofu, collard greens, potato saladCrispy Tofu Plate: Crispy tofu, mashed potatoes, collard greens

Any 3 items are $10, plus $2 for additional items.

Guest guest

Hi all,

Jenny, lovely to hear about a new vegan restaurant -- thanks so much for reporting back to the list with the details! I added the information that you provided to the Ultimate Guide.

If we could get the complete hours and a tel # for the restaurant, please email me or use the "update" link on the restaurant listing. And if someone is in the area and can take a digital photograph of the restaurant exterior, we can also add that to their listing.

Souley Vegan

http://www.bayareaveg.org/ug/display.htm?id=838

Guide News Updates

http://www.bayareaveg.org/blog/category/news/guide-news/

Ultimate Guide

http://www.bayareaveg.org/ug/index.htm

Helpful Links Add a business Top Ten

How to add a review

Your Profile/Reviews

Cheers,

Tammy

The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men. - Leonardo da Vinci

Guest guest

Wow, this is great!

My dentist is only a couple of blocks away, so I get over there

regularly. (I live on the Peninsula.)

I'm really looking forward to trying it.

Thanks!!!!

Mike Mancuso

--

jenny w wrote:

>

> I haven't seen any postings about this, but Tamera Dyson (who sells

> vegan soul food at the Oakland Grand Lake Farmer's Market) is opening

> up a new restaurant on 13th St. It's near the Tribune building, just

> across the street from Golden Lotus. They were originally going to

> open yesterday but when I went I saw a sign saying they were opening

> today. I'm going to visit them tonight probably ... will let you all

> know how it turns out.

>

>

>

---

avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.

Virus Database (VPS): 080313-0, 03/13/2008

Tested on: 3/13/2008 10:45:25 AM

avast! - copyright © 1988-2008 ALWIL Software.

http://www.avast.com