IndiaDivine.org

Calling Veganauts for 7.12.08 Mission to Manzanita - reserve your space now!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello Veganauts and aspiring Veganauts!

Mission: To explore, celebrate and share vegan food with new and old friends at vegetarian restaurants throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.

Please join Veganauts for the expedition to the East Bay to explore the organic and macrobiotic flora at Manzanita, the only exclusively vegan and macrobiotic restaurant in the Bay Area. Dining will be on their all-you-can-eat buffet, approximately $14.

What: Veganauts: Mission to ManzanitaWhere: Manzanita Restaurant, 4001 Linden St (40th St.), Emeryville 94608 ( Ultimate Guide Information & Reviews, click HERE )When: 7/12/08 Saturday, 1:00 pmMission Commander: George RSVP: http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/UABFTESHODMTWTDHAMRV/veganauts072008

Full Details: http://www.bayareaveg.org/events.php?EID=1896#1896

Note: Manzanita (located on the corner of 40th & Linden) hasn't moved, but they are now listing their address as Linden Street (instead of 1050 40th St). The restaurant is in Emeryville but commonly people think it's Oakland.

Ultimate Guide Information & Reviews for Manzanita

I had a great lunch there today. The food was tasty (but not spicy) and healthy and vegan and organic. What's there to not like about that? There are 3 dining options: full meal, moderate portions, and simple meal. The first two have the same foods but in different amounts. The last one is simpler! There are 6 or so vegan desserts too. The menu is posted before each meal on the website.

As a visitor to the area - prone to getting lost and limited to mass transit, Manzanita was easy to find. Thanks to BA Vegetarians for the good and accurate directions. I found the food quite pleasing and the environment very friendly -- most agreeable. I'll definitely go back again whenever I can.This was my first macrobiotic experience and I really enjoyed it. The vegetables were very tasty and it was a refreshing healthy meal. It was nice to eat a vegan/organic meal that was based on whole foods, not processed/mock meats. I tried some veggies that I wouldn't ordinarily eat and was quite surprised to enjoy them. Even the cookies (made without refined flours or sugars) were great.

For the 2008 mission schedule, please visit the Veganauts schedule. If you would like to guest host at your favorite veg*n restaurant, please reply to this email.

Veganauts

http://veganauts.com

Cheers,

Tammy