IndiaDivine.org

Weekend Lunch Recommendations in Berkeley

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I'm meeting my aunt and uncle for lunch this Sunday. They want me to pick a restaurant in Berkeley that has omnivore and vegan options. My uncle wants a salad, which probably means "lettuce with meat and cheese", so I'd like to find a place that has something for him as well as decent vegan stuff for me, something other than a salad if possible. They prefer somewhat upscale restaurants, otherwise I'd just take them to Bobby G's.Thanks,LouisaPSI've checked the Guide...

Guest guest

>so I'd like to find a place that has something for him as well as

>decent vegan stuff for me

Sounds like Fellini to me. Upscale, has vegan and other options. Not

sure about salads, but everyone I've eaten with there has really liked

it, both veg and non.

Karen

Guest guest

Fellinins for sure. Its my favorite restaurant in berkeley.-joelleOn Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Karen <karen wrote:

>so I'd like to find a place that has something for him as well as

>decent vegan stuff for me

Sounds like Fellini to me. Upscale, has vegan and other options. Not

sure about salads, but everyone I've eaten with there has really liked

it, both veg and non.

Karen

Guest guest

Another reason Fellini's is a good choice is because they are supportive of the veg community -- I'm not just talking about their offering vegan food items on their menu.

I'm talking about their generosity in donating food to the BAVeg pizza party fun(d)raiser and boutique in honor of Animal Place last month. Mila and Mike did the cold calling for food donations. See Mila's write-up towards the bottom on this page. ""The one place that consistently showed interest and support was Fellini Restaurant."

http://www.bayareaveg.org/blog/2008/06/20/vegan_crew/

It had been awhile since I'd had Fellini's pizza and I definitely enjoyed the thin, crispy pizza crust -- much better than making my own pizza at home on Vicolo's cornmeal crusts

Tammy

Bay Area Vegetarianswww.BayAreaVeg.org

Guest guest

I agree that Fellini's is an excellent, supportive establishment. However, it is unfortunate that they do not serve lunch items as well as brunch. My aunt and uncle didn't feel like breakfast for lunch, so we are going to Bobby G's, another super supportive restaurant down the street. I'm quite looking forward to my vegan Caesar and slice of delicious pizza. Here's hoping my aunt and uncle go for the vegan options too. I know my (almost vegan) mom and (already vegan) boyfriend are going to join me in the vegan-fun.Louisa--- On Thu, 7/17/08, Tammy, BAVeg <t wrote:Tammy, BAVeg <tRE: Weekend Lunch Recommendations in BerkeleyTo:

"'Louisa'" <skipping_cows, "'Bay Area Vegetarians'" Thursday, July 17, 2008, 12:04 AM

Another reason Fellini's is a good choice is because they are supportive of the veg community -- I'm not just talking about their offering vegan food items on their menu.

I'm talking about their generosity in donating food to the BAVeg pizza party fun(d)raiser and boutique in honor of Animal Place last month. Mila and Mike did the cold calling for food donations. See Mila's write-up towards the bottom on this page. ""The one place that consistently showed interest and support was Fellini Restaurant."

http://www.bayareaveg.org/blog/2008/06/20/vegan_crew/

It had been awhile since I'd had Fellini's pizza and I definitely enjoyed the thin, crispy pizza crust -- much better than making my own pizza at home on Vicolo's cornmeal crusts

Tammy

Bay Area Vegetarianswww.BayAreaVeg.org