Disneyland CA Vegan recommendations

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I'm curious if anyone has been to Disneyland recently and found good

vegan food? I've been told they have fresh fruit in the park, but

looking for more of a sit down meal.

I know there are great veg restaurants in the greater LA area, but my

trip will be short and without a car, so hoping to find food in the

park or at the nearby Disneyland hotel or Disney Downtown District.

I don't want to waste time with cabs/buses to nearby restaurants.

Thanks in advance

Tim

Tim,My wife and I go to Disneyland annually and unfortunately there aren't very many vegan options that are quick. As you mentioned, they do have fresh fruit though, and some places have salads that are either vegan to begin with or can be made vegan on request. We usually bring a few vegan snacks into the parks with us so that we don't always have to leave to eat.With a little advance notice, they do MUCH better in the sit-down meal department. Any of the restaurants resort-wide that allow you to make reservations can prepare a vegan meal for you if you call them in advance. Their recorded "Disney Dining" information line says that you should call 24-hours in advance, but in my experience they can usually do something on a few hours' notice. They

employ world-class chefs at some of the higher-end hotel-based restaurants, so if you go to any of those you are in for a real gourmet vegan treat.For something in between those two levels of service, there are a few places where vegan options can be found at the buffet-style dining establishments. My favorite is the penne pasta with marinara sauce that's available at "Red Rockets Pizza Plaza" in Tomorrowland. Just tell them to hold the parmesan.Have a great time!-Mike Borgvegantimmy <vegantimmy Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 7:34:44 PM

Disneyland CA Vegan recommendations

I'm curious if anyone has been to Disneyland recently and found good

vegan food? I've been told they have fresh fruit in the park, but

looking for more of a sit down meal.

I know there are great veg restaurants in the greater LA area, but my

trip will be short and without a car, so hoping to find food in the

park or at the nearby Disneyland hotel or Disney Downtown District.

I don't want to waste time with cabs/buses to nearby restaurants.

Thanks in advance

Tim

Hi,

I think Mike's recommendations are great. My family and I also go to Disneyland quite regularly and we have found lots of vegan options. Our favorite place to eat is at the Blue Bayou restaurant that is inside the Pirates of the Carribean ride. It is pricey, but if you want a delicious meal with a great atmosphere, this is the place to go. They have a really delicious vegan choice that usually has portabello mushrooms, other grilled veggies and garlic mashed potatoes. They are very helpful in answering any questions you may have about the food. You do need a reservation, though, so make it from home as soon as possible. (You can find the phone number on the Disneyland website.)

Another nice restaurant is in California Adventure. I'm not sure of the name of it, but it is an italian restaurant with a vineyard theme and it is located on the way to the boardwalk (if coming from the direction of A Bug's Land). I don't recall the menu exactly, but I know that I was able to request a vegan meal and it was good. This is also a more expensive, sit-down restaurant.

In CA adventure, you can eat at the mexican restaurant in the food "court" in the boardwalk area. They can make soft tacos that are vegan and are pretty good. You can also eat some of the fresh bread from the Boudin's bakery for a naughty treat. =) They do have lots of fresh fruit here as well.

In Disneyland, there are several places that serve veggies burgers, that I believe are Boca burgers. It's not always clear if they are 100% vegan, but we have eaten them. The two locations are the Hungry Bear restaurant and a little walk-up place in Tomorrowland. (They might also serve veggie burgers at the European restaurant in Fantasyland but I can't quite remember.) There is a good mexican restaurant (Zocalo's?) that is near Thundermountain Railroad, I believe. We have eaten there, and they can make a nice plate of beans, rice and veggie tacos.

I hope that helps a bit! We have gone there many times with our kids since we've been vegan and we've always been able to have a satisfying meal. Just bring your own breakfast to eat in your hotel room because, unless you only want to eat fruit, we haven't found any good options.

Have fun!

Tami Wall

vegantimmy wrote on 9/24/08 7:34 PM:

> I'm curious if anyone has been to Disneyland recently and found good

> vegan food? I've been told they have fresh fruit in the park, but

> looking for more of a sit down meal.

>

> I know there are great veg restaurants in the greater LA area, but my

> trip will be short and without a car, so hoping to find food in the

> park or at the nearby Disneyland hotel or Disney Downtown District.

>

> I don't want to waste time with cabs/buses to nearby restaurants.

>

> Thanks in advance

> Tim

>

We recently went to Disneyworld in Orlando, and I was surprised to find

a wealth of information online. I checked, and there are similar

resources for Disneyland, including menus for all the restaurants so you

can plan ahead of time:

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/menus/dl/menus.shtml

http://allears.net/dlr/din/menu/menus.htm

Have fun!

-Kim