IndiaDivine.org

so infuriating!!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I enjoyed Ecorazzi's cutting critique of Mr. Gutless' jerkwad behavior. But given Faux News' well-documented reputation as a propaganda machine for right-wing culture warriors, this kind of garbage masquerading as journalism comes as no surprise. " We report. You decide. " Amazing that a so-called news network can actually get away with that being their motto, right? Nonetheless, this repugnant " report " stands out as particularly pathetic pandering to the lowest common denominator of idiocy, even for these self-serving fools.

Now, on the Fox News Web site, right underneath a related " Greg-alogue " entitled " PETA Stunts Mask Corrupt Bedrock of Animal Rights, " it says " Does Greg make your blood boil? Don't just sit there. Get off your ass and e-mail: redeye. "

Well, thanks but no thanks, because that's not going to do any good. It's obvious from this invitation's wording that the producers are specifically soliciting angry responses not because they care what we think, but as further justification for more prominently promoting Greg Gutless' puerile persona on-air. Apparently he's supposed to represent some sort of " everyman " who " says what we're all thinking " (or, at least, in the minds of the least-informed Americans). Therefore, outraged emails from offended vegans (no matter how well-reasoned or respectful) will only " prove " (in their twisted circular logic) that Gutless' opinion is " right " after all. This is the same " us and them " reasoning that also helps keep sneering demagogues like Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity on the Fox News team.

I'm sick to my soul that our country's " national dialogue " over the most important and pressing issues of our day has devolved to the point where arrogant imbeciles like Greg Gutless are given such a prominent platform from which they are able to frame and determine the level of debate by spewing unmitigated stupidity. But aside from expressing my disgust with the situation and trying to offer some more positive vision of the world in my own writing, I don't really know what to do about it.

That's my two cents, thrown to the pavement in frustration, but also in hopes that someone will pick it up and be able to use it for something worthwhile.

Mat Thomaswww.animalrighter.org---------- Forwarded message ----------Joelle Katcher <joellesk

Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 3:35 PM so infuriating!!!!BAV mail list

http://www.ecorazzi.com/2008/12/22/fox-news-slams-peta-belittles-kids-for-trying-to-go-green/

this entire news report video made me want to explode.

-joelle