IndiaDivine.org

Olive oil isn't vegan? a bit OT

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I thought that it was very interesting what you wrote regarding the oil -free radicals-aging. Yesterday on some talkshow a dermatologist (Dr Perricone I believe is his name) stated that low fat diets CAUSED aging. TBH, I have never really appreciated this man's ideas only because they seem so black and white. If you are going to tell people that "fat" is beneficial in aging slower and that is what you believe, well you'd better well also tell them that EFA are a lot different than eating a chunk of cheese. Anyways.....I digress.....there is a question that I would like to put out there and I hope that it isn't too off-topic: it was suggested to me to begin taking a TBSP of flaxseed oil daily to help with my sleepless nights (due to me getting to "that age"). I don't know if it's helping but I have to say that it hard to get my head around actually using fat like this. Anyone have any thoughts? StefArgue not

with dragons, for thou art crunchy and go well with brie.

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Mail

Stef, I recommend to my clients to use only fresh ground flax, 1 tbs a day that you may add to soups, smoothies, sprinkle on salads etc. Oil isn't a natural state, the whole food is the best form. It is a processed item. :-) This way the oils are fresh and no chance of it going rancid. :-) I hope this helps. ShaOn 10/3/07, steff davidson <steffdav46 wrote:

I thought that it was very interesting what you wrote regarding the oil -free radicals-aging. Yesterday on some talkshow a dermatologist (Dr Perricone I believe is his name) stated that low fat diets CAUSED aging. TBH, I have never really appreciated this man's ideas only because they seem so black and white. If you are going to tell people that " fat " is beneficial in aging slower and that is what you believe, well you'd better well also tell them that EFA are a lot different than eating a chunk of cheese. Anyways.....I digress.....there is a question that I would like to put out there and I hope that it isn't too off-topic: it was suggested to me to begin taking a TBSP of flaxseed oil daily to help with my sleepless nights (due to me getting to " that age " ). I don't know if it's helping but I have to say that it hard to get my head around actually using fat like this. Anyone have any thoughts?

StefArgue not

with dragons, for thou art crunchy and go well with brie. Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the

All-new Mail

Gee, if that works just as well, I'm all for it! I love the flavor of freshly ground flax seed on my salads! Thanks! StefSmith Family <Forgesasmi wrote: Stef, I recommend to my clients to use only fresh ground flax, 1 tbs a day that you may add to soups, smoothies, sprinkle on salads etc. Oil isn't a natural state, the whole food is the best form. It is a processed item. :-) This way the oils are fresh and no chance of it going rancid.

:-) I hope this helps. Sha On 10/3/07, steff davidson <steffdav46 (AT) (DOT) ca> wrote: I thought that it was very interesting what you wrote regarding the oil -free radicals-aging. Yesterday on some talkshow a dermatologist (Dr Perricone I believe is his name) stated that low fat diets CAUSED aging. TBH, I have never really appreciated this man's ideas only because they seem so black and white. If you are going to tell people that "fat" is beneficial in aging slower and that is what you believe, well you'd better well also tell them that EFA are a lot different than eating a chunk of cheese. Anyways.....I digress.....there is a

question that I would like to put out there and I hope that it isn't too off-topic: it was suggested to me to begin taking a TBSP of flaxseed oil daily to help with my sleepless nights (due to me getting to "that age"). I don't know if it's helping but I have to say that it hard to get my head around actually using fat like this. Anyone have any thoughts? StefArgue not with dragons, for thou art crunchy and go well with brie. Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Mail Argue not with dragons, for thou art crunchy and go well with brie.

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Mail

For confirmation, you may do a search online as well as check Dr. Furhman at http://www.drfuhrman.comHope this helps. :-) On 10/3/07,

steff davidson <steffdav46 wrote:

Gee, if that works just as well, I'm all for it! I love the flavor of freshly ground flax seed on my salads! Thanks! StefSmith Family <

Forgesasmi wrote: Stef, I recommend to my clients to use only fresh ground flax, 1 tbs a day that you may add to soups, smoothies, sprinkle on salads etc. Oil isn't a natural state, the whole food is the best form. It is a processed item. :-) This way the oils are fresh and no chance of it going rancid.

:-) I hope this helps. Sha On 10/3/07, steff davidson <

steffdav46 wrote: I thought that it was very interesting what you wrote regarding the oil -free radicals-aging. Yesterday on some talkshow a dermatologist (Dr Perricone I believe is his name) stated that low fat diets CAUSED aging. TBH, I have never really appreciated this man's ideas only because they seem so black and white. If you are going to tell people that " fat " is beneficial in aging slower and that is what you believe, well you'd better well also tell them that EFA are a lot different than eating a chunk of cheese. Anyways.....I digress.....there is a

question that I would like to put out there and I hope that it isn't too off-topic: it was suggested to me to begin taking a TBSP of flaxseed oil daily to help with my sleepless nights (due to me getting to " that age " ). I don't know if it's helping but I have to say that it hard to get my head around actually using fat like this. Anyone have any thoughts? StefArgue not with dragons, for thou art crunchy and go well with brie. Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Mail

Argue not with dragons, for thou art crunchy and go well with brie. Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the

All-new Mail

Okay -- maybe a dumb question. But doesn't it totally depend upon the

schedule of the individual? My understanding was that the basic rule is

just to make certain that you are allowing at least 4 hours between food and

your bedtime hour whatever that happens to be.

Sharon

-

" Smith Family " <Forgesasmi

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 1:29 PM

Re: Re: Olive oil isn't vegan? a bit OT

P.S. Don't eat after 7:30 pm to give your body time to digest, rest and

relax into sleep. Eating later causes your body to " work " instead of

resting.

Sha

My opinion is that yes, 4 hours is true. Allowing yourself that much time between eating and sleeping allows your body to work on detoxing/repairing more and digestion less. That said, it IS better for our bodies to stick to a routine and that routine should be sleeping when it's dark and waking with the early light of a new day. I know it's impossible for shift workers, though, and so we all do the best we can with our given situations!

Best, Becky

-

Lloyd R. Coughlin

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 5:53 PM

Okay -- maybe a dumb question. But doesn't it totally depend upon theschedule of the individual? My understanding was that the basic rule isjust to make certain that you are allowing at least 4 hours between food andyour bedtime hour whatever that happens to be.Sharon-"Smith Family" <Forgesasmi >Wednesday, October 03, 2007 1:29 PMRe: Re: Olive oil isn't vegan? a bit OTP.S. Don't eat after 7:30 pm to give your body time to digest, rest andrelax into sleep. Eating later causes your body to "work" instead ofresting.Sha

Sleep is a time for your body to rejuvinate. If it is working to digest, it isn't resting. That is why most people wake up tired or have a hard time sleeping. This is such a little change but creates HUGE results. Try it for a few day and you will be amazed. :-) ShaylaOn 10/3/07, Lloyd R. Coughlin <coughlin wrote:

Okay -- maybe a dumb question. But doesn't it totally depend upon the

schedule of the individual? My understanding was that the basic rule is

just to make certain that you are allowing at least 4 hours between food and

your bedtime hour whatever that happens to be.

Sharon

-

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 1:29 PM

P.S. Don't eat after 7:30 pm to give your body time to digest, rest and

relax into sleep. Eating later causes your body to " work " instead of

resting.

Sha

Yes, you are correct, but not everyone's schedule is the same so 7:30 is not

necessarily the magic number.

Our family of five is certainly an example of that. My son works shift work

and so therefore does not keep a 9-5 job that he can always eat his last

meal by 7:30 PM. Instead, he makes a habit of eating no later than 4 hours

before he intends to go to bed depending upon what his work schedule is.

My schedule and the schedule of my husband is different from our son's in

that we are up at 5 AM -- in bed by 9. If our last meal was at 7:30 our

digestive process would not have a chance to complete. We have to have our

last meal which is a light one by no later than 5 PM.

Sharon

-

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 6:46 PM

Sleep is a time for your body to rejuvinate. If it is working to digest, it

isn't resting. That is why most people wake up tired or have a hard time

sleeping. This is such a little change but creates HUGE results. Try it for

a few day and you will be amazed. :-)

Shayla

I hope that each person is able to apply it to their own circumstance. If you work grave yard, breakfast is someone else's dinner etc. :-) Common sense is a good thing to use. Sha

On 10/3/07, Lloyd R. Coughlin <coughlin wrote:

Yes, you are correct, but not everyone's schedule is the same so 7:30 is not

necessarily the magic number.

Our family of five is certainly an example of that. My son works shift work

and so therefore does not keep a 9-5 job that he can always eat his last

meal by 7:30 PM. Instead, he makes a habit of eating no later than 4 hours

before he intends to go to bed depending upon what his work schedule is.

My schedule and the schedule of my husband is different from our son's in

that we are up at 5 AM -- in bed by 9. If our last meal was at 7:30 our

digestive process would not have a chance to complete. We have to have our

last meal which is a light one by no later than 5 PM.

Sharon

-

Wednesday, October 03, 2007 6:46 PM

Sleep is a time for your body to rejuvinate. If it is working to digest, it

isn't resting. That is why most people wake up tired or have a hard time

sleeping. This is such a little change but creates HUGE results. Try it for

a few day and you will be amazed. :-)

Shayla