alice

On 9 Oct 2007, at 18:19, Coop wrote:

> Is there much difference between apple cider and apple cider vinegar? I

> have a muffin recipe calling for apple cider, but I only have apple

> cider

> vinegar. If it were a small amount, I would not worry and use them

> interchangeably, but since it calls for 3/4 cup I'm not sure if I can

> substitute. Thanks!

Apple juice would work too, though you might need to add some extra spices.If you have baking soda in the recipe, the apple cider vinegar will help leaven the muffins and make them fluffier :)Coop <rodstruelove wrote: Is there much difference between apple cider and apple cider vinegar? I have a muffin recipe calling for apple cider, but I only have apple cider vinegar. If it were a small amount, I would not worry and use them interchangeably, but since it calls for 3/4 cup I'm not sure if I can substitute. Thanks!

Anna

Building a website is a piece of cake. Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.

If they are using apple cider in that volume, I would think that it would be for the natural sweetness and the liquid. I don't think that the vinegar would work the same way. You could always use a different kind of juice, depending on the flavor of the muffins or you could use fat-free soy milk....vanilla might be nice. If this is a fruity muffin, you could use orange juice. Or if worse comes to worse you could just use water but check the seasoning (vanilla, cinnamon etc.) before you actually bake them. Lately, I've been on a coconut and almond kick so I've been adding a lor of either coconut extract or almond extract to my muffins. StefArgue not with dragons, for thou art crunchy and go well with brie.

All new Mail -

Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane.

Thanks for the replies everyone ... I wondered because I didn’t have any apple cider (or juice, for that matter) on hand and I wanted to make these muffins for my husband. I cannot find apple cider in the stores here in Australia (except in a mix you make yourself near the products for making home brewed beer, but hubby said that’s because apple cider here is an alcoholic drink). So I guess I’ll just try it with apple juice. Thanks again!

Anna

On 9/10/07 10:37 PM, " steff davidson " <steffdav46 wrote:

If they are using apple cider in that volume, I would think that it would be for the natural sweetness and the liquid. I don't think that the vinegar would work the same way. You could always use a different kind of juice, depending on the flavor of the muffins or you could use fat-free soy milk....vanilla might be nice. If this is a fruity muffin, you could use orange juice. Or if worse comes to worse you could just use water but check the seasoning (vanilla, cinnamon etc.) before you actually bake them. Lately, I've been on a coconut and almond kick so I've been adding a lor of either coconut extract or almond extract to my muffins.

Stef