IndiaDivine.org

Vegan Rice Pudding

Rate this topic

Guest guest

could you use Ener-G egg replacer for the egg whites?uwponine <uwponine wrote: Hey all-- I am looking for a rice pudding recipe....the old one I have involves egg whites. Thank you kindly!

I make rice pudding by just using cooked rice and soymilk along with spices I like, raisins and walnuts. I let the rice and "milk" simmer for awhile until it forms the consistency I want - thick but not too dry. If I happen to let it go too long, I add a bit more milk to thin and moisten it a bit. I find I don't need any sort of egg replacement but sometimes add ground flax sseds for the taste depending on my mood. God's Peace,Gayle

cacophonous_joy

Oct 25, 2007 7:21 PM

Re: Vegan Rice Pudding

could you use Ener-G egg replacer for the egg whites?uwponine <uwponine > wrote: Hey all-- I am looking for a rice pudding recipe....the old one I have involves egg whites. Thank you kindly!

I do the same thing with leftover rice all the time. Rice milk also works instead of soymilk, as would any other nondairy milk. If I'm really impatient, I use more liquid and thicken it with sweet rice flour (mochiko) or cornstarch. For a bit of a twist, fresh ginger, a small amount of reduced fat coconut milk, and palm sugar makes a nice complement to short grain rice. (I use brown rice, almost always short grain brown, but occasionally brown basmati for a different texture/flavor).Last time I even added canned pumpkin...I know this is farther and farther from rice pudding, but it was a really nice dessert porridge of sorts.=========I make rice pudding by just using cooked rice and soymilk along with spices I like, raisins and walnuts. I let the rice and "milk" simmer for awhile until it forms the consistency I want - thick but not too dry. If I happen to let it go too long, I add a bit more milk to thin and moisten it a bit. I

find I don't need any sort of egg replacement but sometimes add ground flax sseds for the taste depending on my mood. God's Peace, Gayle cacophonous_ joy Oct 25, 2007 7:21 PM Re: Vegan Rice Pudding could you use Ener-G egg replacer for the egg whites? uwponine <uwponine > wrote: Hey all-- I am looking for a rice pudding recipe....the old one I have involves egg whites. Thank you kindly! Tired of spam? Mail has the best spam

protection around