IndiaDivine.org

cool whip

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My apologies everyone, I had no idea that cool-whip wasn't vegan.

I didn't read the label that closely...

I thought it was..

Rick

, " veggieblake " <veggies

wrote:

>

> Hey, there's lots of vegan alternatives...no big...

>

> , " Smith Family "

> <Forgesasmi@> wrote:

> >

> > Cool whip isn't vegan. Not even the " fat free " non dairy!! Sorry.

> >

> > On 9/23/07, art_flood <art_flood@> wrote:

> > >

> > > since it is unlikely that any of you will tell anyone that I

> know in

> > > person (please don't) - I'll reveal how to make my low fat

banana

> > > creme pies...

> > >

> > > this is very easy

> > >

> > > 1 reduced fat pie crust

> > > 6 (for regular) or 8 (deep dish) containers of Gerber Banana

Baby

> > > Food.

> > > sliced bananas

> > > fat free cool whip

> > >

> > > just slice some bananas put it in the bottom of the pie crust

> > > then spoon in the baby food

> > > you can then slice some bananas and put on top

> > > then cover with the fat free cool whip.

> > >

> > > then refrigerate - I usually refrigerate overnight before

eating.

> > >

> > > Rick

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

>

They do make vegan "cool whip," I cannot remember the name of it - sorry!!

-

art_flood

Saturday, November 03, 2007 7:06 PM

cool whip

My apologies everyone, I had no idea that cool-whip wasn't vegan.I didn't read the label that closely... I thought it was..Rick , "veggieblake" <veggies wrote:>> Hey, there's lots of vegan alternatives...no big...> > , "Smith Family" > <Forgesasmi@> wrote:> >> > Cool whip isn't vegan. Not even the "fat free" non dairy!! Sorry.> > > > On 9/23/07, art_flood <art_flood@> wrote:> > >> > > since it is unlikely that any of you will tell anyone that I > know in> > > person (please don't) - I'll reveal how to make my low fat banana> > > creme pies...> > >> > > this is very easy> > >> > > 1 reduced fat pie crust> > > 6 (for regular) or 8 (deep dish) containers of Gerber Banana Baby> > > Food.> > > sliced bananas> > > fat free cool whip> > >> > > just slice some bananas put it in the bottom of the pie crust> > > then spoon in the baby food> > > you can then slice some bananas and put on top> > > then cover with the fat free cool whip.> > >> > > then refrigerate - I usually refrigerate overnight before eating.> > >> > > Rick> > >> > > > > >> >>

I just googled it - its called "Hip Whip"

Janet

-

art_flood

cool whip

My apologies everyone, I had no idea that cool-whip wasn't vegan.I didn't read the label that closely... I thought it was..Rick , "veggieblake" <veggies wrote:>> Hey, there's lots of vegan alternatives...no big...> > , "Smith Family" > <Forgesasmi@> wrote:> >> > Cool whip isn't vegan. Not even the "fat free" non dairy!! Sorry.> > > > On 9/23/07, art_flood <art_flood@> wrote:> > >> > > since it is unlikely that any of you will tell anyone that I > know in> > > person (please don't) - I'll reveal how to make my low fat banana> > > creme pies...> > >> > > this is very easy> > >> > > 1 reduced fat pie crust> > > 6 (for regular) or 8 (deep dish) containers of Gerber Banana Baby> > > Food.> > > sliced bananas> > > fat free cool whip> > >> > > just slice some bananas put it in the bottom of the pie crust> > > then spoon in the baby food> > > you can then slice some bananas and put on top> > > then cover with the fat free cool whip.> > >> > > then refrigerate - I usually refrigerate overnight before eating.> > >> > > Rick> > >> > > > > >> >>

Hip Whip might work well on top of pies, etc ... but I have found that when using it mixed in pies, it tends to melt rather quickly and become soupy rather than providing the "fluff" that cool whip provides. Even as a garnish on top of desserts, I find that it melts very quickly. Actually, I don't think I've ever gotten it to thaw in the container without it being runny. I let it thaw in the refrigerator and have used varied lengths of time to see if it's just that I let it go too long or what have you. I just haven't had real good success with Hip Whip. If anyone has had better experience with it, please let me know what you did to make it work.God's Peace,Gayle

Janet

Nov 3, 2007 10:28 PM

Re: cool whip

I just googled it - its called "Hip Whip"

Janet

-

art_flood

cool whip

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

Hahahaha my Mom had the album

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Kathy Dederich <kmdgs97

Mon, 13 Apr 2009 08:36:39

Cool Whip

All this discussion of Cool Whip reminded me of the record by Herb Alpert...

Whipped Cream & Other Delights.

On the album cover, was a beautiful woman covered in what looked like whipped

cream.  It was actually shaving cream though, as the wh. cream would have melted

during the photo shoot.

Thanks for the memories!

Kathy

Guest guest

I have that album.....I love Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass! (Did I spell

that right? My spell check doesn't correct Spanish words!)

Nancy C.

All this discussion of Cool Whip reminded me of the record by Herb Alpert...

Whipped Cream & Other Delights.

On the album cover, was a beautiful woman covered in what looked like whipped

cream. It was actually shaving cream though, as the wh. cream would have melted

during the photo shoot.

Thanks for the memories!

Kathy