IndiaDivine.org

Back to being a total vegan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I spent TG with my 2 kitties and, oh, me. No invitation from my dear friends. Maybe that's a hint that they are acquaintances more than friends. One, who easily could have invited me, is going to move and I was helping. Notice the word "was". She said her mom is going over Monday. She can go the rest of the week, too. So much for that. I just want my packing material back for sending gifts back home to my relatives.

I am clearing up anything that is processed, has dairy in it, etc. because then I will seriously go back to being a vegan. I lost 90 pounds as a vegan, then started craving who knows what and regained just about everything, sans 25 pounds. I am FAT.

I miss being slimmer, feeling better and getting away from all of that yucky stuff. I am addicted to PIZZA, so that will be a tough one, but I can do it. I did it once, I can do it again.

Ice cream, too, although I love the soy frozen desserts. But I have to go "cold turkey" on everything. Last time I even gave up bread. Maybe I was too strict and didn't explore cooking enough.

Processed food is poison so that will be easy to wave good-bye to. The problem is I have to cook now. ARGH! I have to read this list for easy, quick recipes. I want to roast or grill (stovetop) veggies. I will begin again with a nice oatmeal breakfast, no soy milk, just some brown sugar. More grain like quinoa.

I weigh tooooo much. How is a girl (I'll be 60 next April) to pan for gold with a big belly? I hope it will be shrinking well enough for me to look better, feel better and be able to garden and walk better.

Any tips, recipes, words of encouragement are welcome!

JudyJalust Do as Bob Barker always asks:Help control the pet population:Have your pet spayed or neutered.Check out AOL Money Finance's list of the hottest products and top money wasters of 2007.

hi judy

sorry to hear things aren't going so well for you - but good on you for

the decisions you're making. just remember to be kind to yourself!

best wishes

alice

On 26 Nov 2007, at 06:20, Jalust wrote:

> I spent TG with my 2 kitties and, oh, me. No invitation from my dear

> friends. Maybe that's a hint that they are acquaintances more than

> friends. One, who easily could have invited me, is going to move and I

> was helping. Notice the word " was " . She said her mom is going over

> Monday. She can go the rest of the week, too. So much for that. I just

> want my packing material back for sending gifts back home to my

> relatives.

>  

>  I am clearing up anything that is processed, has dairy in it, etc.

> because then I will seriously go back to being a vegan. I lost 90

> pounds as a vegan, then started craving who knows what and regained

> just about everything, sans 25 pounds. I am FAT.

>  

> I miss being slimmer, feeling better and getting away from all of that

> yucky stuff. I am addicted to PIZZA, so that will be a tough one, but

> I can do it. I did it once, I can do it again.

>  

> Ice cream, too, although I love the soy frozen desserts. But I have to

> go " cold turkey " on everything. Last time I even gave up bread. Maybe

> I was too strict and didn't explore cooking enough.

>  

> Processed food is poison so that will be easy to wave good-bye to. The

> problem is I have to cook now. ARGH! I have to read this list for

> easy, quick recipes. I want to roast or grill (stovetop) veggies. I

> will begin again with a nice oatmeal breakfast, no soy milk, just some

> brown sugar. More grain like quinoa.

>  

> I weigh tooooo much. How is a girl (I'll be 60 next April) to pan for

> gold with a big belly? I hope it will be shrinking well enough for me

> to look better, feel better and be able to garden and walk better.

>  

> Any tips, recipes, words of encouragement are welcome!

>  

>

> Judy

> Jalust

>

> Do as Bob Barker always asks:

> Help control the pet population:

> Have your pet spayed or neutered.

>

>

>

> Check out AOL Money Finance's list of the hottest products and top

> money wasters of 2007.

>

>

>

Hi Judy,

Good for you on being able to lose 90 lbs! That is fantastic. You have gained some back, but look at it this way, you are still 25 lbs ahead of where you were before :-)

I too am addicted to pizza. I make pizza all the time just using fresh veggies, mushrooms, and soy cheese. Tastes pretty darn good and satisfies that urge for the alternative. I sometimes make pizza on whole wheat tortillas, or italian bread sliced lengthwise and then hollowed out some or pita breads make good pizza's too.

Wishing you lots of luck and good health!

Gina

----

Jalust

11/25/2007 11:29:42 AM

Back to being a total vegan

I spent TG with my 2 kitties and, oh, me. No invitation from my dear friends. Maybe that's a hint that they are acquaintances more than friends. One, who easily could have invited me, is going to move and I was helping. Notice the word "was". She said her mom is going over Monday. She can go the rest of the week, too. So much for that. I just want my packing material back for sending gifts back home to my relatives.

I am clearing up anything that is processed, has dairy in it, etc. because then I will seriously go back to being a vegan. I lost 90 pounds as a vegan, then started craving who knows what and regained just about everything, sans 25 pounds. I am FAT.

I miss being slimmer, feeling better and getting away from all of that yucky stuff. I am addicted to PIZZA, so that will be a tough one, but I can do it. I did it once, I can do it again.

Ice cream, too, although I love the soy frozen desserts. But I have to go "cold turkey" on everything. Last time I even gave up bread. Maybe I was too strict and didn't explore cooking enough.

Processed food is poison so that will be easy to wave good-bye to. The problem is I have to cook now. ARGH! I have to read this list for easy, quick recipes. I want to roast or grill (stovetop) veggies. I will begin again with a nice oatmeal breakfast, no soy milk, just some brown sugar. More grain like quinoa.

I weigh tooooo much. How is a girl (I'll be 60 next April) to pan for gold with a big belly? I hope it will be shrinking well enough for me to look better, feel better and be able to garden and walk better.

JudyJalust Do as Bob Barker always asks:Help control the pet population:Have your pet spayed or neutered.

Check out AOL Money Finance's list of the hottest products and top money wasters of 2007.

Judy, you said you lost 90 pounds as a vegan ... What were you doing then? I’ve been vegan since February 26th and have not lost anything, in fact I’ve gained. I’ve recently started McDougalling and even that hasn’t helped. Now I’m doing Mary’s Mini McDougall ... Just started yesterday so I can’t say if it’s helping yet.

Anna

On 26/11/07 4:20 AM, " Jalust " <Jalust wrote:

I spent TG with my 2 kitties and, oh, me. No invitation from my dear friends. Maybe that's a hint that they are acquaintances more than friends. One, who easily could have invited me, is going to move and I was helping. Notice the word " was " . She said her mom is going over Monday. She can go the rest of the week, too. So much for that. I just want my packing material back for sending gifts back home to my relatives.

Ice cream, too, although I love the soy frozen desserts. But I have to go " cold turkey " on everything. Last time I even gave up bread. Maybe I was too strict and didn't explore cooking enough.

Judy

Jalust

Do as Bob Barker always asks:

Help control the pet population:

Have your pet spayed or neutered.

Check out AOL Money Finance's list of the hottest products <http://money.aol.com/special/hot-products-2007?NCID=aoltop00030000000001> and top money wasters <http://money.aol.com/top5/general/ways-you-are-wasting-money?NCID=aoltop00030000000002> of 2007.

Many of us are in the same boat, no guilt, just move forward.

For frozen desert, I like frozen bananas mixed with forzen berries,

peaches, whatever, alternate chunks and put through a Champion juicer

with the solid blank in place... instant GREAT vegan ice cream

> I am clearing up anything that is processed, has dairy in it,

etc. because

> then I will seriously go back to being a vegan. I lost 90 pounds as

a vegan,

> then started craving who knows what and regained just about

everything, sans

> 25 pounds. I am FAT.

>

> I did it once, I can do it again.