Guest guest

Gypsy Gina wrote:

> Does anyone know how I can make popcorn without an air popper and

> without adding any oil?

If you're willing to nuke it :-), I make microwaved popcorn all the time

.... I just take 1/4 to 1/3 a cup of kernels, put them in a plain

lunch-bag size brown paper bag, fold over the top 1/2 inch or so and

close the top with a staple or two (placed far apart so they don't arc

in the microwave) then throw it in the nuker and hit the popcorn setting.

Works for me, anyway.

--

Chuck MATTSEN - Mahnomen, MN

mattsen

Random Thought/Quote for This Message:

.... Try everything once, except folk dancing and incest.

Hey, you really had me going on this one, hehehehehehe (I was really going to try it!!)

----

Russell

11/29/2007 11:50:30 AM

Re: Popcorn question

All you need is a hairdryer and a paper bagPut the kernels in the paper bag and place the end of the bag over your haridryer and turn on high while shaking the bag...then...swing the whole thing over your head and cluck like a chicken...lol...just kidding... that will never work...

Thanks, but I don't have a microwave.

----

Chuck Mattsen

11/29/2007 11:49:49 AM

Re: Popcorn question

Gypsy Gina wrote:> Does anyone know how I can make popcorn without an air popper and > without adding any oil? If you're willing to nuke it :-), I make microwaved popcorn all the time .... I just take 1/4 to 1/3 a cup of kernels, put them in a plain lunch-bag size brown paper bag, fold over the top 1/2 inch or so and close the top with a staple or two (placed far apart so they don't arc in the microwave) then throw it in the nuker and hit the popcorn setting.Works for me, anyway.-- Chuck MATTSEN - Mahnomen, MNmattsen (AT) arvig (DOT) netRandom Thought/Quote for This Message:.... Try everything once, except folk dancing and incest.

, " Gypsy Gina " <gypsygina

wrote:

>

>

>

> Hi guys,

>

> Does anyone know how I can make popcorn without an air popper and

without

> adding any oil?

>

> Thanks!

> Gina

>

I bought a special covered bowl made for microwaving popcorn. It works

fine. I've heard of some people who just microwave popcorn in paper

bags. But I've also heard that this can cause a fire.

Air poppers are inexpensive-you can get a brand new one for $15-$20. Used ones are even less. The one I have I got for Christmas from my dad 16 years ago and still works great! Gypsy Gina <gypsygina wrote: Hi guys, Does anyone know how I can make popcorn without an air popper and without adding any oil? Thanks! Gina

Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Mobile. Try it now.

I make popcorn on the stove. I add 1/3 to 1/2 cup of kernels to a pan over a fire on the stove and put the lid on. Once I hear them popping, I start shaking the pan over the heat until there aren't many pops, then I turn off the heat. I normally do add a little oil in the bottom of the pan, but I would think it could work without it.Gypsy Gina <gypsygina escribió: Hi guys, Does anyone know how I can make popcorn without an air popper and without adding any oil? Thanks! Gina As John Bingham says, "Waddle on." "Give a child a book, she'll be happy. Give a child a library, she'll be literate."Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, and Laugh uncontrollably. Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should

dance.

Comparte video en la ventana de tus mensajes (y también tus fotos de Flickr).Usa el nuevo Messenger versión Beta. Visita http://e1.beta.messenger./

> > Does anyone know how I can make popcorn without an air popper and

> without adding any oil?

How about the old fashioned way, on the stove in a pot with a

tight-fitting lid? This is how we made it as kids all the time.

Pour a tablespoon or 2 in a saucepan with a handle, put the lid on, set

the pot over medium heat, and just shake, shake, shake. After about 5

minutes you'll start hearing the kernels pop, so keep shaking (And watch

that lid!) for a few more minutes, until you no longer hear any popping.

Sue in NJ

Hi Sue,

That will work without adding any oil? I was afraid it might burn without the oil. I suppose I could spray with Pam.

Thanks!

----

Sue in NJ

11/29/2007 03:31:23 PM

Re: Re: Popcorn question

> > Does anyone know how I can make popcorn without an air popper and> without adding any oil?How about the old fashioned way, on the stove in a pot with atight-fitting lid? This is how we made it as kids all the time.Pour a tablespoon or 2 in a saucepan with a handle, put the lid on, setthe pot over medium heat, and just shake, shake, shake. After about 5minutes you'll start hearing the kernels pop, so keep shaking (And watchthat lid!) for a few more minutes, until you no longer hear any popping.Sue in NJ

i bought a air microwave popcorn popper at walmart by Presto and saw one at the salvation army...I bought that one for 2.00 and took the walmart one back for 13.77 plus tax! Actually i still love the pouring some oil in a reg. pot till one kernel pops and shaking it!!! I can't stand the smell of microwave stuff besides the fact that it is lousy for you....I don't eat it very much, our snack at night is usually grapes, bu i miss the summer season with all the fresh fruit...Nancy and EdOur travel adventures...http://ncyg46.blogspot.com/http://360./ncyg46http://www.flickr.com/photos/ncyg46/

Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Mobile. Try it now.

>That will work without adding any oil?

All our years growing up in the 1950's doing it this way and my mom

never used oil or butter, just the dry pot. As long as you keep shaking

that pan nothing will stick or burn.

Sue in NJ

air poppers don't need oil, the new presto one for the microwave uses no oil or oil, your choice but you get to buy the paper inserts for the bottom more often if you use oil...It tastes okay but a little bland....Nancy and EdOur travel adventures...http://ncyg46.blogspot.com/http://360./ncyg46http://www.flickr.com/photos/ncyg46/

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.