IndiaDivine.org

Bulk pancake/waffle mix?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Anyone have a recipe for a good bulk pancake/waffle mix? My husband's asking for Aunt Jemima's, and I WILL NOT GIVE IN!!! LOL! But I need a fluffy, tasty replacement for him. I really would appreciate a "fussy husband tested" bulk mix recipe! MarilynSee AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

My hubby liked these pancakes, but I felt it was too much baking powder because I could taste it. If I make them again I’d only use 1 tablespoon.

Anna

--

http://eatbreathemove.blogspot.com/

5 Minute Vegan Pancakes - was too much baking powder, could taste it!

1 cup flour (whichever kind you prefer)

1 tablespoon sugar

2 tablespoons baking powder

1/8 teaspoon salt

1 cup soy milk

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1. Set out all your ingredients.

2. Set a stove element with a pan to medium heat.

3. Combine the 4 dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt) in a bowl.

4. Add the soy milk and vegetable oil to your mixture.

5. Mix until smooth.

6. Now the pan should be ready for your batter, so spoon one pancakes' worth of the mixture into the pan.

7. Flip [carefully] when you see bubbles in the middle of the pancake, or if the edges are looking stiffened.

On 22/12/07 1:17 AM, " sahmomof8 " <sahmomof8 wrote:

Anyone have a recipe for a good bulk pancake/waffle mix? My husband's asking for Aunt Jemima's, and I WILL NOT GIVE IN!!! LOL! But I need a fluffy, tasty replacement for him. I really would appreciate a " fussy husband tested " bulk mix recipe! Marilyn

http://www.savingdinner.com/archives/recipes/pancakes_and_waffles.html

Whew, I thought I'd lost it before getting around to saving the recipe, just

assumed it would always be there. This is what I've always wanted to try but

never gotten around to it. I would substitute Better Than Milk powder for the

buttermilk powder in this recipe, but my guess is that if soy or fat is an

issue, it could be omitted with no problem. I don't bother with egg subs for a

recipe if it only calls for one or two eggs, but I could add a mashed banana or

1 and a half tsp of soy flour mixed with two Tbsp water.

Kate

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from U.S. Cellular

These are my FAVORITE pancakes. They are ultra light and very fluffy-much more so than regular pancakes. I found the recipe on www.Vegweb.com and I have been making them for years.I usually substitute the Ener-G Egg Replacer with Flax Eggs (1/3 c ground flax seeds blended with 1 c water) if I don't have any around and the oil is for cooking, but you can leave it out if you want to. I usually also generally use 1/2 c of applesauce instead of just 1 TBSP like the recipe calls for. The orange juice and the baking soda create an acid-base reaction and creates leavening that would normally be provided by the addition of an egg.Recipe submitted by jennifer@hangnjavaOJ PancakesIngredients (use vegan versions): 1/2 cup

unbleached flour 1/2 cup whole wheat flour 2 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda 1 tablespoon sugar (optional) 1 1/2 teaspoon Ener-G Egg Replacer 1 tablespoon water 1 cup orange juice 1 tablespoon cooking oil (canola, sunflower, etc.) 1 tablespoon applesauceDirections:Combine all dry ingredients in one large bowl and all wet ingredients (except Ener-G Egg Replacer and water) in one small bowl. Mix together Ener-G Egg Replacer and water separately, and add to wet bowl. Mix each combination well. Add wet mix to dry and stir gently. Small lumps will remain.Pour by 1/4 cupful onto a 375 griddle. Cook for a few minutes, then flip and cook for a few minutes on the other side. Top with syrup, powdered vegan sugar

or jam and enjoy!Note: When first poured these will bubble less than regular pancakes, so watch carefully.Serves: 4Preparation time: 10 minutessahmomof8 wrote: Anyone have a recipe for a good bulk pancake/waffle mix? My husband's asking for Aunt Jemima's, and I WILL NOT GIVE IN!!! LOL! But I need a fluffy, tasty replacement for him. I really would appreciate a "fussy husband tested" bulk mix recipe! MarilynSee AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in

shape for winter.

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.