IndiaDivine.org

Thousand Island dressing?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

A couple of my kids LOVE Thousand Island dressing. I have no idea how to make it, but I'd like to try. I mean the kind with pickle relish and ketchup in it. I know it's not the ideal, but it sure beats store bought, and it also beats the kids not eating their salad! Recipes, anyone? MarilynStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Hi sahmomof8,

There's a recipe on the fatfreevegan site....

http://www.fatfreevegan.com/dressings/tofu-island.shtml

I haven't tried it yet, but probably will soon.

Cheers,

Kathy

, sahmomof8 wrote:

>

>

>

>

> A couple of my kids LOVE Thousand Island dressing. I have no idea

how to

> make it, but I'd like to try. I mean the kind with pickle relish and

ketchup in

> it. I know it's not the ideal, but it sure beats store bought, and

it also

> beats the kids not eating their salad! Recipes, anyone? Marilyn

>

>

I'd start with a base of soft, silken tofu, thin it out with some lightly flavored vinegar, add sugar free ketchup and minced pickles and salt and pepper to taste. I'd keep adding the ingredients until I got the flavor I wanted.

Then post it here, of course!

Denise

-

sahmomof8

GFCFrecipes

Cc:

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:19 AM

A couple of my kids LOVE Thousand Island dressing. I have no idea how to make it, but I'd like to try. I mean the kind with pickle relish and ketchup in it. I know it's not the ideal, but it sure beats store bought, and it also beats the kids not eating their salad! Recipes, anyone? Marilyn

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

This is a recipe that a member (Yurtmama's) from Dr. Fuhrman's membersite created--it has gotten good reviews!

Yurtmama's Thousand Island DressingServes 41 cup cashews1/2 cup soy milk2 T balsamic vinegar2 T lemon juice1 t dill1 t onion powder1/2 t garlic powder3 T tomato paste1/2 cucumber peeled and chopped finely - separate into two equal portions1/4 c finely chopped onion1 rounded T date sugarprocess cashews until powdery add soy milk, vinegar, lemon juice, spices, tomato paste, and 1/2 of the cucumberblend until smooth, fold in rest of cucumber and onion, serve

In a message dated 1/16/2008 6:44:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, orthomama writes:

I'd start with a base of soft, silken tofu, thin it out with some lightly flavored vinegar, add sugar free ketchup and minced pickles and salt and pepper to taste. I'd keep adding the ingredients until I got the flavor I wanted.

Then post it here, of course!

Denise

-

sahmomof8 (AT) aol (DOT) com

GFCFrecipes

Cc:

Wednesday, January 16, 2008 11:19 AM

A couple of my kids LOVE Thousand Island dressing. I have no idea how to make it, but I'd like to try. I mean the kind with pickle relish and ketchup in it. I know it's not the ideal, but it sure beats store bought, and it also beats the kids not eating their salad! Recipes, anyone? Marilyn