Rate this topic

Guest guest

I need any and everyone's honest opinion/experience with cookware. To

be specific, I am looking to get rid of all teflon type pans. I

currently have a stainless pan for frying/sauteeing. It is a pain in

the you know what to clean and I just can't seem to keep things from

sticking. I prefer to NOT use oil when I cook. I also cook alot on high

heat. I have cast iron as well but find myself avoiding them for the

same clean up and oil reasons. I was looking at the Le Crueset (sp?)

type pans (enamel coated)and wondering if anyone can tell me how they

perform before I plunk down that kind of money for them. Thank you all

so much in advance.

I have le crueset pans and I love them despite the

fact that they are heavy! You still need to do a

little cleanup but if you boil alittle water in them

after use and sort-of " deglaze " them they come clean

easily. they are alot easier to clean than stainless

steel however.

I bought mine at an outlet store and bought from the

slightly damaged section for a discount. I still can't

figure out what was wrong with my pots but I guess

they didn't meet the factory standards. buy one pot

and see if you like it before getting any more.

shiela

--- Rayne <stargazerlily72 wrote:

> I need any and everyone's honest opinion/experience

> with cookware. To

> be specific, I am looking to get rid of all teflon

> type pans. I

> currently have a stainless pan for frying/sauteeing.

> It is a pain in

> the you know what to clean and I just can't seem to

> keep things from

> sticking. I prefer to NOT use oil when I cook. I

> also cook alot on high

> heat. I have cast iron as well but find myself

> avoiding them for the

> same clean up and oil reasons. I was looking at the

> Le Crueset (sp?)

> type pans (enamel coated)and wondering if anyone can

> tell me how they

> perform before I plunk down that kind of money for

> them. Thank you all

> so much in advance.

>

>

______________________________\

____

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Find them fast with Search.

http://tools.search./newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

I recently purchased at Le Creuset Dutch Oven, also from a Le Creuset outlet. I will speak honestly, because I have the same feelings/ issues that you do about clean up.

I love my Le Creuset but I wouldn't say clean up is a snap. I often leave it soaking for a while, and then things come off pretty easily. It would rate it not as bad as plain stainless steel, but not nearly as easy as non-stick. Whenever I have a choice, I will usually lean towards my non-stick cookware, just because it is faster and easier. Also, as someone else mentioned, Le Creuset it HEAVY!!

The main reason I bought it is because of this cookbook:

http://www.amazon.com/Glorious-One-Pot-Meals-Elizabeth-Yarnell/dp/0977013707/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8 & s=books & qid=1203876970 & sr=8-1

The cookbook is called "Glorious One Pot Meals." I think some of you saw the recipes in Vegetarian Times, one was for an Indian style dish that was fantastic. I like the recipes because there is no added fat, other than spritzing your dutch oven. I emailed the author because I wanted to buy the cookbook, but I was worried because it is NOT a vegetarian cookbook. She told me that roughly 1/3 of the recipes are vegetarian, 1/3 are seafood, and 1/3 contain meat. She said that she has instructions in the book for converting any of the recipes to vegetarian and that she felt there would be many recipes to meet my specification. So, I took a chance. I ordered the book and it is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I really love the one pot idea and I have 3 teenagers, so I hope this will help me make a lot of healthy food with minimal prep time. I will keep you all posted! Meanwhile, if anyone else has this cookbook, please speak up!

CherylDelicious ideas to please the pickiest eaters. Watch the video on AOL Living.

If you want to save a little money, you can get Lodge cast iron over

enamel cookware for a lot less than La Creuset. I just ordered this

one-- http://tinyurl.com/39xs7o --from Amazon. It hasn't arrived yet,

so I can't say how good it is, but it got good ratings and with such a

good price, I'm willing to give it a try. If I like it, I'm planning

to buy more pieces.

Susan

-------------

Susan Voisin

http://blog.fatfreevegan.com

www.fatfreevegan.com

www.veganconnection.com

-------------

-

" Rayne " <stargazerlily72

Saturday, February 23, 2008 9:08 PM

Honestly....

>I need any and everyone's honest opinion/experience with cookware. To

> be specific, I am looking to get rid of all teflon type pans. I

> currently have a stainless pan for frying/sauteeing. It is a pain in

> the you know what to clean and I just can't seem to keep things from

> sticking. I prefer to NOT use oil when I cook. I also cook alot on

> high

> heat. I have cast iron as well but find myself avoiding them for the

> same clean up and oil reasons. I was looking at the Le Crueset (sp?)

> type pans (enamel coated)and wondering if anyone can tell me how

> they

> perform before I plunk down that kind of money for them. Thank you

> all

> so much in advance.

I was at Bed Bath & Beyond the other day and there was a display of Cuisinart cookware. This particular line caught my eye, as it is called The Green Gourmet. It is marketed as hard anodized eco-friendly nonstick cookware that features the exclusive Cuisinart Ceramica nonstick technology. It contains no petroleum products, is scratch resistant and the surface won't peel like many lower quality (and lower priced) nonstick pans. There are many different brands of hard anodized nonstick cookware and this type of cookware is considered safe, as the cookware made with this type of technology is durable; they don’t peel or leach, and are stable, that is, the finish does not decompose when exposed to high temperatures. Surfaces are non-porous, so they resist sticking very well. From all that I’ve read, it seems that this kind of cookware is quite safe. I purchased an 8" skillet to try it out-so far it has lived up to the claims. I

don't have to use any oil if I choose not to. I also own a Circulon pan-it is a cross between a frying pan and a stock pot (so a high walled frying pan or a short stock pot?). They were both kind of expensive, but I would rather pay more for quality cookware that is going to last me a long time than continuously purchasing cheap cookware that isn't very good quality (and possibly leaches off dangerous chemicals even at low temperatures).Susan Voisin <susan wrote: If you want to save a little

money, you can get Lodge cast iron over enamel cookware for a lot less than La Creuset. I just ordered this one-- http://tinyurl.com/39xs7o --from Amazon. It hasn't arrived yet, so I can't say how good it is, but it got good ratings and with such a good price, I'm willing to give it a try. If I like it, I'm planning to buy more pieces. Susan ------------- Susan Voisin http://blog.fatfreevegan.com www.fatfreevegan.com www.veganconnection.com ------------- - "Rayne" <stargazerlily72 > Saturday, February 23, 2008 9:08 PM Honestly.... >I need any and everyone's honest opinion/experience with cookware. To > be specific, I am looking to get rid of all teflon type pans. I > currently have a stainless pan for frying/sauteeing. It is a pain in > the you know what to clean and I just can't seem to keep things from > sticking. I prefer to NOT use oil when I cook. I also cook alot on > high > heat. I have cast iron as well but find myself avoiding them for the > same clean up and oil reasons. I was looking at the Le Crueset (sp?) > type pans (enamel coated)and wondering if anyone can tell me how > they > perform before I plunk down that kind of money for them. Thank you > all > so much in advance.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.