IndiaDivine.org

My first post

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have been on for a little bit, but wanted to make my first post.

This last weekend I made Orange Ginger Tofu and a Chicken version of

the same for my meat loving friends and husband. Each friend tried

the tofu recipe, and when I mentioned how easy it was I got pestered

for the recipe. Needless to say I think that I have at least turned

two new people on to tofu!

I became a vegan in December, and while my husband thinks I'm crazy,

I have noticed a great change with myself, more recently I have begun

to loose weight, which many know that working at a desk job is

probably the toughest place to be in 40 hours a week and still manage

to get healthy. The nice thing about my new work environment is that

there isn't food laying around everywhere and most people are health

concious.

Easter weekend I made Vegan Blueberry Pancakes, not a single one

left, then I told them they were vegan, and my guests still thought

they were good. I also made pasta fagulie- and was told that I always

serve interesting foods. (I love to cook, but hadn't realized that my

typical dishes and experimentation with recipes was interesting. I

also do ethnic cooking, so maybe that was where it came from. I also

think that my mother-in-law isn't a cook- so I guess everything

tastes good in my house. Not to mention her freaking out over

Christmas about the vegan change.)

While I don't impose my vegan eating habits on others, I do try to

provide vegan alternatives. You would be suprised how many people

will eat vegan and not even think about it.

Kristi

Guest guest

I do know, Kristi.  My boyfriend is very supportive of my change, although, he claims it isn't much for me, since I always look for alternatives to everything. lol.   I grew up as a meat eater, and I would force others into believing this or that.   But, Adam (my boyfriend), is really interested in trying the new dishes, just have something different for a change.  So, I find that to be a huge bonus.Chrissykdoodlie <kristi.dushek Sent: Tuesday, April 1, 2008 1:34:50 PM My first post

concious.

Kristi

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

Do you have a copy of your Orange Tofu recipe? I am a New Vegan always looking for fresh recipes...

Thank you

Kendall

Chrissy Stout <covergirl079 Sent: Tuesday, April 1, 2008 2:43:26 PMRe: My first post

I do know, Kristi. My boyfriend is very supportive of my change, although, he claims it isn't much for me, since I always look for alternatives to everything. lol. I grew up as a meat eater, and I would force others into believing this or that. But, Adam (my boyfriend), is really interested in trying the new dishes, just have something different for a change. So, I find that to be a huge bonus.

Chrissy

kdoodlie <kristi.dushek@ gmail.com>Tuesday, April 1, 2008 1:34:50 PM My first post

I have been on for a little bit, but wanted to make my first post. This last weekend I made Orange Ginger Tofu and a Chicken version of the same for my meat loving friends and husband. Each friend tried the tofu recipe, and when I mentioned how easy it was I got pestered for the recipe. Needless to say I think that I have at least turned two new people on to tofu! I became a vegan in December, and while my husband thinks I'm crazy, I have noticed a great change with myself, more recently I have begun to loose weight, which many know that working at a desk job is probably the toughest place to be in 40 hours a week and still manage to get healthy. The nice thing about my new work environment is that there isn't food laying around everywhere and most people are health concious. Easter weekend I made Vegan Blueberry Pancakes, not a single one left, then I told them they were vegan, and my

guests still thought they were good. I also made pasta fagulie- and was told that I always serve interesting foods. (I love to cook, but hadn't realized that my typical dishes and experimentation with recipes was interesting. I also do ethnic cooking, so maybe that was where it came from. I also think that my mother-in-law isn't a cook- so I guess everything tastes good in my house. Not to mention her freaking out over Christmas about the vegan change.)While I don't impose my vegan eating habits on others, I do try to provide vegan alternatives. You would be suprised how many people will eat vegan and not even think about it.Kristi

You rock. That's why Blockbuster' s offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

You know the cool part is that the more this country acknowledges that it has a weight problem, more and more people are becoming health conscience enough to accept a more vegetarian diet. This is good for the local grocery stores because we vegans have a lot more sales and choices. I'm African American, and a more than pleased that I am a vegan. My problem is thatt the African American community is just beginning to hear the word vegetarian, never less the word vegan. My relatives use to say that I don't eat anything just because I said I don't eat any part of anything with a conscious, screams and kicks, bleeds and sweats, or cries for its mother.People think I've been starving for years. Whats funny though is

that I have a normal build, and sometimes I get fat. So people think I still eat meat. I sure fooled them. LOL! Chrissy Stout <covergirl079 Sent: Tuesday, April 1, 2008 2:43:26 PMRe: My first post

I do know, Kristi. My boyfriend is very supportive of my change, although, he claims it isn't much for me, since I always look for alternatives to everything. lol. I grew up as a meat eater, and I would force others into believing this or that. But, Adam (my boyfriend), is really interested in trying the new dishes, just have something different for a change. So, I find that to be a huge bonus.Chrissykdoodlie

<kristi.dushek@ gmail.com>Tuesday, April 1, 2008 1:34:50 PM My first post

concious.

Kristi

You rock. That's why Blockbuster' s offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Guest guest

LOL.I do agree.  More people should not give in to the tempations.  I'm from the South, so of course, I love everything fried.  Right down to pickles.  But, after seeing family go through heart problems, strokes, etc. , I've realized for myself, what I should do to make healthy choices.  Once in a while, I'll give in to fried squash or okra, but I do it at home, with the right oils, that are not animal byproducts.  I'm a big believer in boosting up sales

for local farmers at the Farmer's Markets.  I can ask the people what products were used on these, such as pesticides and fertilizers.   I have a small build.  I'm 5'3" at 113 lbs, and it's very easy for me to gain weight, especially when meat was still in my diet.  Retaining of water, due to salt and others.  Meat, making me feel luggish, to where I didn't want to get up and exercise.   But, my choice really isn't for fashion or weightloss, as for most of us in here.  I want a healthier lifestyle.  I want to feel, somewhat close, to the energy that I used to have, when I first cut hambuger and sausage meat out of my diet.  Now, my parents, still give me grief for cutting back on certain meats, and a whole new "blah this, and blah that" is now going around about my choice to be vegan, but they'll come around, and when they do, they'll understand my aspects...to a certain degree. lol.  Chrissycandyazz28 <candyazz28 Sent: Tuesday, April 1, 2008 6:34:12 PMRe: My first post

You know the cool part is that the more this country acknowledges that it has a weight problem, more and more people are becoming health conscience enough to accept a more vegetarian diet. This is good for the local grocery stores because we vegans have a lot more sales and choices. I'm African American, and a more than pleased that I am a vegan. My problem is thatt the African American community is just beginning to hear the word vegetarian, never less the word vegan. My relatives use to say that I don't eat anything just because I said I don't eat any part of anything with a conscious, screams and kicks, bleeds and sweats, or cries for its mother.People think I've been starving for years. Whats funny though is

that I have a normal build, and sometimes I get fat. So people think I still eat meat. I sure fooled them. LOL!  Chrissy Stout <covergirl079@ >Tuesday, April 1, 2008 2:43:26 PMRe: My first post

I do know, Kristi.  My boyfriend is very supportive of my change, although, he claims it isn't much for me, since I always look for alternatives to everything. lol.   I grew up as a meat eater, and I would force others into believing this or that.   But, Adam (my boyfriend), is really interested in trying the new dishes, just have something different for a change.  So, I find that to be a huge bonus.Chrissykdoodlie

<kristi.dushek@ gmail.com>Tuesday, April 1, 2008 1:34:50 PM My first post

concious.

Kristi

You rock. That's why Blockbuster's offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost..