IndiaDivine.org

vegan soft serve ice cream

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

On 4/12/08, maureen smith <maureensgardengrotto wrote:

>

> I'm looking for vegan soft serve ice cream in southern California.

I dind't realize there was such a thing on a commercial level. I make

mine in the food processor. Good luck in your search!

Sparrow

Guest guest

do you have a champion juicer? It has a blank plate you put in so that no juice comes out. Then put in frozen bananas along with other frozen fruit if you want and out comes fat free soft serve icecream. I like to top with a vegan raw chocolate syrup.. yum!

Blessings, Debra"Your life is an occasion, Rise to it." Mr Magoriumhttp"//myvintagehome.blogspot.com

-

maureen smith

Saturday, April 12, 2008 10:51 PM

vegan soft serve ice cream

I'm looking for vegan soft serve ice cream in southern California.

Thank you.

Maureen Smith

Guest guest

Does it have to be soft serve? I live in Southern California, and there are some delicious brands of soy ice cream at Trader Joes. Some of the good brands include “So Delicious,” “Double Rainbow,” and Trader Joes has just come out with their own brand. Some of the flavors include chocolate, vanilla-mango, and cherry chocolate chunk. Delicious, and made with good ingredients!

Guest guest

The last time I went to San Diego, there was a place called Eatopia that was vegan and had soft serve ice cream. This was 3-4 years ago though and I Googled it, and it looks like it went out of business :( HOWEVER, when I was flying home from South Carolina a couple of months ago, I was flipping through Sky Mall magazine and there was a soft serve ice cream machine for $100 in that catalog. You can easily develop your own recipes using this. I have seen similar machines at Macy's (also for about $100). I think it was Kitchenaid or Cuisinart.A cheaper alternative is to get some rock salt, a couple of ziploc bags, a pair of gloves or kitchen towels and whatever ingredients you are going to make your ice cream out of and knead away. In ten minutes or less, you have vegan ice cream. I have taught this recipe in my classes and people are always skeptics and when they do it themselves, they are amazed that it even works

:)Homemade Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream1/2 c nondairy milk1-2 tsp pure vanilla extract1 TBSP sugar4 c crushed ice4 TBSP rock salt2 1-QT size Ziploc bags1 gallon size Ziploc freezer baga hand towel or gloves to keep fingers from freezing In a blender, add milk, vanilla & sugar and mix until well blended. Once mixed, add to one of the quart-sized ziploc bags. Make sure the bag is sealed tightly and any extra air is pushed out (It will fit inside the other bag better with less air in it). Place your first bag with ice cream mixture in it inside the second quart-sized bag. Put inside the gallon-sized ziploc freezer bag, fill the bag with ice, and sprinkle rock salt on top. Allow any extra air to escape, and seal tightly.Wrap the bag in a towel (or put gloves on), and shake & massage the bag, making sure the ice surrounds the cream mixture. Generally, in 5-8 minutes you will have

homemade ice cream!Note: To make it raw, use cashew or almond milk and vanilla bean instead of vanilla extract.Substitute the sugar with raw agave nectar.maureen smith <maureensgardengrotto wrote: I'm looking for vegan soft serve ice cream in

southern California. Thank you. Maureen Smith

Guest guest

There are also ice cream maker balls for those with active families or friends, examples at: http://www.fuelforadventure.com/icecream.html

If one desires to avoid soy, coconut milk makes a nice ice cream as well...

I make ices by just cutting up fruit (single or mixed) in bit sized pieces, freeze, then puree frozen, serve!

Janet

-

Jenn

Sunday, April 13, 2008 11:21 AM

Re: vegan soft serve ice cream

The last time I went to San Diego, there was a place called Eatopia that was vegan and had soft serve ice cream. This was 3-4 years ago though and I Googled it, and it looks like it went out of business :( HOWEVER, when I was flying home from South Carolina a couple of months ago, I was flipping through Sky Mall magazine and there was a soft serve ice cream machine for $100 in that catalog. You can easily develop your own recipes using this. I have seen similar machines at Macy's (also for about $100). I think it was Kitchenaid or Cuisinart.A cheaper alternative is to get some rock salt, a couple of ziploc bags, a pair of gloves or kitchen towels and whatever ingredients you are going to make your ice cream out of and knead away. In ten minutes or less, you have vegan ice cream. I have taught this recipe in my classes and people are always skeptics and when they do it themselves, they are amazed that it even works :)Homemade Vegan Vanilla Ice Cream1/2 c nondairy milk1-2 tsp pure vanilla extract1 TBSP sugar4 c crushed ice4 TBSP rock salt2 1-QT size Ziploc bags1 gallon size Ziploc freezer baga hand towel or gloves to keep fingers from freezing In a blender, add milk, vanilla & sugar and mix until well blended. Once mixed, add to one of the quart-sized ziploc bags. Make sure the bag is sealed tightly and any extra air is pushed out (It will fit inside the other bag better with less air in it). Place your first bag with ice cream mixture in it inside the second quart-sized bag. Put inside the gallon-sized ziploc freezer bag, fill the bag with ice, and sprinkle rock salt on top. Allow any extra air to escape, and seal tightly.Wrap the bag in a towel (or put gloves on), and shake & massage the bag, making sure the ice surrounds the cream mixture. Generally, in 5-8 minutes you will have homemade ice cream!Note: To make it raw, use cashew or almond milk and vanilla bean instead of vanilla extract.Substitute the sugar with raw agave nectar.maureen smith <maureensgardengrotto wrote:

I'm looking for vegan soft serve ice cream in southern California.

Thank you.

Maureen Smith

Guest guest

Sparrow, how do you make your vegan soft serve ice cream in the food processor?

Thanks!

Maureen

Sparrow R Jones <sparrowrose Sent: Sunday, April 13, 2008 12:27:06 AMRe: vegan soft serve ice cream

On 4/12/08, maureen smith <maureensgardengrott o wrote:>> I'm looking for vegan soft serve ice cream in southern California.I dind't realize there was such a thing on a commercial level. I makemine in the food processor. Good luck in your search!Sparrow

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

On 4/17/08, maureen smith <maureensgardengrotto wrote:

>

> Sparrow, how do you make your vegan soft serve ice cream in

> the food processor?

I freeze bananas (works best if you get a bunch and make fresh

smoothies out of them until they start to turn black and then freeze

the rest right before they go bad when they're the softest) and then

put them in the food processor where they puff up into a whipped,

frozen banana creme. That is the usual base of my ice cream. (Fruit

cream, I guess.)

I use other frozen fruits, most especially berries. When using frozen

strawberries, I switch the blade to the setting for grinding nuts and

coffee because frozen strawberries are so hard. If I put in enough

frozen berries, they thicken things up too much, even with the bananas

in there to thin it out, so I add a small amount of soy milk or rice

milk.

If I want chocolate, I whip frozen bananas and add pure cocoa powder

and a little sweetener (my current choice is stevia but I find the

licorice-y taste of stevia doesn't blend well with chocolate to my

palate so I use pure maple syrup to make chocolate-maple banana creme

but I'm considering trying agave nectar to see if I like the way it

works with chocolate.

Sparrow

• 2 months later...
Guest guest

with this how can u add other thing to it like chocolate or other

sweet things

, Jenn <batmanusdmychina

wrote:

>

> A cheaper alternative is to get some rock salt, a couple of ziploc

bags, a pair of gloves or kitchen towels and whatever ingredients you

are going to make your ice cream out of and knead away.