IndiaDivine.org

Hello! Is anyone out there..on Weight Watchers?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello Ive been a fat free member for a little while and I just joined weight watchers, I noticed WW is just a little vegatarian freindly but its hard to make vegan friends at meetings. Its my first week. Just wanted to put myself out there :) ebee

between 0000-00-00 and 9999-99-99

Guest guest

Ha!!!! Iam a vegan that also does Weight Watcher in the Nashua NH meetings on Sat am. I have been lifetime about 6 years and I do the Core Plan and eat organics and wholefood. I have also found there is no vegans in my meeting but the meetings and friends keep me going.Iberia Martinez <ebeemars wrote: Hello Ive been a fat free member for a little while and I just joined weight watchers, I noticed WW is just a little vegatarian freindly but its hard to

make vegan friends at meetings. Its my first week. Just wanted to put myself out there :) ebee between 0000-00-00 and 9999-99-99

Guest guest

Hi there, I am not a WW member yet, I was going to sign up today, but hub needed the car. So I need to check my local meeting schedule to find out a good time for me, but I will be a member with in the week. So....they are not very veg friendly? Huh. I was really hoping......Well, maybe we can just prove to them how great it can be. :) I am in Michigan, my name is Chris and I have never done any diet thing before. Looking forward to the change.

-

Iberia Martinez

Tuesday, April 15, 2008 4:06 PM

Hello! Is anyone out there..on Weight Watchers?

Hello

Ive been a fat free member for a little while and I just joined weight watchers, I noticed WW is just a little vegatarian freindly but its hard to make vegan friends at meetings. Its my first week. Just wanted to put myself out there :)

ebee

Guest guest

Hi, Ebee! I love Weight Watchers! It's the smartest food program out there. It taught me about portion size and it is so compatible with a vegan diet - low-fat, low sugar, high-fiber. All the points are found in the garbage we lowfat vegans don't eat anyway. Well, not "legally" anyway. :) While I have always been rather normal weight except for the occasional 5 or 10lbs, that annoy me, my husband is a different story. He definitely has food issues - of the overeating kind. He goes to 12 step meetings (yes, there is an Overeaters Annoymous) and it has changed his life. Between his meetings and working the Weight Watchers point system he is doing tremendously well. He joined me in becoming a vegan about a year ago and loves it. Feels so much better. But he's still overweight. Maybe he always will be. But that is his area to work with as he feels the need. Or not. He is healthy and happy. Yay. I think that whatever each of us

finds that works, or works for a time, is of value. Lists like this are a huge help. I love that people share their struggles. It creates community and informs and supports. Thanks, all. Jocelyn

Guest guest

hi ebee,

I too am a fat free member and a WW. In addition to this list, try the

vegetarian board on WW. Many there are vegan, but few, like you and I,

are also fat free. Still, they have useful discussions and recipes

that can be adapted.

Aly

Iberia Martinez wrote:

Hello

Ive been a fat free member for a little while and I just joined

weight watchers, I noticed WW is just a little vegatarian freindly but

its hard to make vegan friends at meetings. Its my first week. Just

wanted to put myself out there :)

ebee

Guest guest

> Ive been a fat free member for a little while and I just joined

weight watchers, I noticed WW is just a little vegatarian freindly

I haven't belonged to WW since the late 1960's, when it was still using

the diabetic exchange program for its diet plan, but I *have* read

thousands of emails from current WW members. Since most of the foods

allowed on the Core program are foods you're already eating/over eating,

they all recommend if you're doing WW you stick with the Points,

instead. Otherwise you're just going to keep eating the same way you

were before joining and not lose any weight.

Sue in NJ