IndiaDivine.org

Cheaze recipe

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I'm so glad you enjoyed that recipe, Sparrow. Also it's good to know that it tastes good without the pimento. I shared the recipe with one of my daughters, who loves cheese, hoping she'd try it to help lessen the sinus infections she gets. But I think the idea of pimentos turned her off. So if it's still tasty without them, that's great news. I happen to love pimentos and red bell peppers so I've never made it without. By the way, that's not my original recipe. As noted at the bottom of the recipe, I got it from this site:http://heart. kumu.org/ cheaze.html.

I like to give credit where credit is due. MarthaSparrow R Jones <sparrowrose Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 2:11:19 AMRe: Samantha_Re: NEW HERE - INTROOn 4/29/08, Martha <mnatural22 > wrote:

>

> I can't really say how long it keeps. I always eat it up within a

> couple of days because it is good on almost anything.

Tomorrow is a grocery run so I was poking around the kitchen tonight

for something tasty and I realized I had everything for the cheaze

sauce except pimientos or red bell peppers. I decided to throw caution

to the wind and try the recipe without it (knowing that it would be

better with it.)

Oh, Martha! It is wonderful! I am eating it right now, on some steamed

Brussels sprouts. It is almost exactly like the cheaze I used to make

twenty years ago for macaroni and cheaze but that cheaze was chock

full of margarine (so too high in fat for me now) and yours is full of

exactly the stuff I eat now and doesn't at all taste like it needs

margarine or any sort of fatty thing in it!

I will definitely put red bell pepper on my grocery list and make this

again over whole-wheat macaroni! It will be just like the old recipe

that I have missed so much! Three cheers and a tiger for you!

Sparrow

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Martha, I try to avoid gluten & soy - so this sauce fits like a glove - many thanks!!

-

Martha

Wednesday, April 30, 2008 3:23 PM

Cheaze recipe

I'm so glad you enjoyed that recipe, Sparrow. Also it's good to know that it tastes good without the pimento. I shared the recipe with one of my daughters, who loves cheese, hoping she'd try it to help lessen the sinus infections she gets. But I think the idea of pimentos turned her off. So if it's still tasty without them, that's great news. I happen to love pimentos and red bell peppers so I've never made it without. By the way, that's not my original recipe. As noted at the bottom of the recipe, I got it from this site:http://heart. kumu.org/ cheaze.html. I like to give credit where credit is due. Martha

Sparrow R Jones <sparrowrose > Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 2:11:19 AMRe: Samantha_Re: NEW HERE - INTRO

On 4/29/08, Martha <mnatural22 > wrote:>> I can't really say how long it keeps. I always eat it up within a> couple of days because it is good on almost anything.Tomorrow is a grocery run so I was poking around the kitchen tonightfor something tasty and I realized I had everything for the cheazesauce except pimientos or red bell peppers. I decided to throw cautionto the wind and try the recipe without it (knowing that it would bebetter with it.)Oh, Martha! It is wonderful! I am eating it right now, on some steamedBrussels sprouts. It is almost exactly like the cheaze I used to maketwenty years ago for macaroni and cheaze but that cheaze was chockfull of margarine (so too high in fat for me now) and yours is full ofexactly the stuff I eat now and doesn't at all taste like it needsmargarine or any sort of fatty thing in it!I will definitely put red bell pepper on my grocery list and make thisagain over whole-wheat macaroni! It will be just like the old recipethat I have missed so much! Three cheers and a tiger for you!Sparrow

• 4 weeks later...
Guest guest

could you send that cheaze recipe to me I tried to go to the website that you gave but was unable too. thanks ArainaMartha <mnatural22 wrote: I'm so glad you enjoyed that recipe, Sparrow. Also it's good to know that it tastes good without the pimento. I shared the recipe with one of my daughters, who loves cheese, hoping she'd try it to help

lessen the sinus infections she gets. But I think the idea of pimentos turned her off. So if it's still tasty without them, that's great news. I happen to love pimentos and red bell peppers so I've never made it without. By the way, that's not my original recipe. As noted at the bottom of the recipe, I got it from this site:http://heart. kumu.org/ cheaze.html. I like to give credit where credit is due. Martha Sparrow R Jones <sparrowrose > Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 2:11:19 AMRe: Samantha_Re: NEW HERE - INTRO On 4/29/08, Martha <mnatural22 > wrote:>> I can't really say how long it keeps. I always eat it up within a> couple of days because it is good on almost anything.Tomorrow is a grocery run so I was poking around the kitchen tonightfor something tasty and I realized I had everything for the cheazesauce except pimientos or red bell peppers. I decided to throw cautionto the wind and try the recipe without it (knowing that it would bebetter with it.)Oh, Martha! It is wonderful! I am eating it right now, on some steamedBrussels sprouts. It is almost exactly like the cheaze I used to maketwenty years ago for macaroni and cheaze but that cheaze was chockfull of margarine (so too high in fat for me now) and yours is full ofexactly the stuff I eat now and doesn't at all

taste like it needsmargarine or any sort of fatty thing in it!I will definitely put red bell pepper on my grocery list and make thisagain over whole-wheat macaroni! It will be just like the old recipethat I have missed so much! Three cheers and a tiger for you!Sparrow Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Guest guest

Araina:

Golden Cheaze SauceNon-dairy and very low-fat, with a taste similar to American or mild cheddar cheese, it can also be used as a 'cheese-whiz'.

1½ C Great Northern beans, cooked (or one 15.5 oz can)6 T nutritional yeast¼ C pimiento pieces (or ¼ C chopped cooked sweet red bell pepper)juice from one freshly squeezed lemon1 T low-salt shoyu (soy sauce) or tamari1 t onion powder (see below)½ t any type of prepared mustard½ t salt In a blender, mix all ingredients until very smooth. Refrigerate and store in a sealed container. Spoon Golden Cheaze over baked potatoes (with soy bacon bits), as a sauce over vegetables or pasta, as a Welch rabbit (add a little non-alcoholic beer and Worcestershire sauce) and as chili-con-queso when mixed with salsa. Sprinkle over tacos and in enchiladas instead of dairy cheeses. Heated with a little white wine and a pinch of nutmeg, it makes a filling fondue, served with squares of whole wheat French bread. Mix with a cup of corn kernels and diced celery for a hearty corn and cheaze soup. 6 1/2 cup servings, each: Calories: 69, Fat: 0.28 g. (4%), Carbohydrate: 12.25 g., Protein: 5.01 g.

Healing Heart HintA spin in a blender or coffee mill, and dried chopped onions (flakes) become onion powder.

-

Araina Wills

Tuesday, May 27, 2008 12:12 PM

Re: Cheaze recipe

could you send that cheaze recipe to me I tried to go to the website that you gave but was unable too.

thanks

ArainaMartha <mnatural22 > wrote:

I'm so glad you enjoyed that recipe, Sparrow. Also it's good to know that it tastes good without the pimento. I shared the recipe with one of my daughters, who loves cheese, hoping she'd try it to help lessen the sinus infections she gets. But I think the idea of pimentos turned her off. So if it's still tasty without them, that's great news. I happen to love pimentos and red bell peppers so I've never made it without. By the way, that's not my original recipe. As noted at the bottom of the recipe, I got it from this site:http://heart. kumu.org/ cheaze.html. I like to give credit where credit is due. Martha

Sparrow R Jones <sparrowrose > Sent: Wednesday, April 30, 2008 2:11:19 AMRe: Samantha_Re: NEW HERE - INTRO

On 4/29/08, Martha <mnatural22 > wrote:>> I can't really say how long it keeps. I always eat it up within a> couple of days because it is good on almost anything.Tomorrow is a grocery run so I was poking around the kitchen tonightfor something tasty and I realized I had everything for the cheazesauce except pimientos or red bell peppers. I decided to throw cautionto the wind and try the recipe without it (knowing that it would bebetter with it.)Oh, Martha! It is wonderful! I am eating it right now, on some steamedBrussels sprouts. It is almost exactly like the cheaze I used to maketwenty years ago for macaroni and cheaze but that cheaze was chockfull of margarine (so too high in fat for me now) and yours is full ofexactly the stuff I eat now and doesn't at all taste like it needsmargarine or any sort of fatty thing in it!I will definitely put red bell pepper on my grocery list and make thisagain over whole-wheat macaroni! It will be just like the old recipethat I have missed so much! Three cheers and a tiger for you!Sparrow

Guest guest

> could you send that cheaze recipe to me I tried to go to the website

that you gave but was unable too.

http://heart. kumu.org/ cheaze.html. I like to give credit where credit

is due.

For some reason all those extra spaces were added in the url. Just

remove those and the link works:

http://heart.kumu.org/cheaze.html

And here's the link to the recipe page itself:

http://heart.kumu.org/recipes.html