IndiaDivine.org

McDougall cookbooks

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi,

Realizing that everyone has different needs/wants/cooking styles/favorites and

that's what

makes friends so fun I will ask this question to see what others are thinking...

I am planning to buy one of the McDougall cookbooks. I have never even seen " 300

delicious ultra low-fat " because the local bookstores literally only carry

" Digestive Tune-

up " and " Quick and easy cookbook " - not sure what is up with that... But back to

the

question: what are the primary differences between " 300 delicious ultra lo-fat "

and " Quick

and easy " ? Does the first one have more elaborate recipes? Is Q & E more

user-friendly as

far as including things that real people actually want to eat? I really don't

like to order

books I have never seen online because I can be pretty disappointed. Really

appreciate

your comments!!! If you have only used one of them and have a comment about

that, I that

would help, too.

Thanks

PJ

Guest guest

The "Quick & Easy" book has about 95% of the recipies can be made in about 15 mins. where as, the "300" I think this is also called " The New McDougall Cookbook".Most of the recipies in this book take a bit longer to make. There both great. You can find all of John and Mary McDougall's cookbooks as well as many other fantastic bits of information on the McDougall website at www.drmcdougall.comdogwise4000 <jaiguru193 wrote: Hi,Realizing that everyone

has different needs/wants/cooking styles/favorites and that's what makes friends so fun I will ask this question to see what others are thinking...I am planning to buy one of the McDougall cookbooks. I have never even seen "300 delicious ultra low-fat" because the local bookstores literally only carry "Digestive Tune-up" and "Quick and easy cookbook" - not sure what is up with that... But back to the question: what are the primary differences between "300 delicious ultra lo-fat" and "Quick and easy"? Does the first one have more elaborate recipes? Is Q & E more user-friendly as far as including things that real people actually want to eat? I really don't like to order books I have never seen online because I can be pretty disappointed. Really appreciate your comments!!! If you have only used one of them and have a comment about that, I that would help,

too.ThanksPJ

Guest guest

Hi,

I am using all of John and Mary McDougall's cookbooks and the recipes are fantastic. The only difference in the Quick and Easy Cookbook and the 300 Delicious Low Fat Cookbook is time. The recipes in the Quick and Easy Cookbook take 15 minutes or less while the recipes in the other book take a little more time. I have been amazed at how delicious the meals are just by combining ingredients I had never thought to use before in a vegetable dish. With the help of Dr. John and Mary McDougall's cookbooks a plant-based diet is no longer boring.

Gerri

dogwise4000 <jaiguru193 Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2008 3:50:27 PM McDougall cookbooks

Hi,Realizing that everyone has different needs/wants/ cooking styles/favorites and that's what makes friends so fun I will ask this question to see what others are thinking...I am planning to buy one of the McDougall cookbooks. I have never even seen "300 delicious ultra low-fat" because the local bookstores literally only carry "Digestive Tune-up" and "Quick and easy cookbook" - not sure what is up with that... But back to the question: what are the primary differences between "300 delicious ultra lo-fat" and "Quick and easy"? Does the first one have more elaborate recipes? Is Q & E more user-friendly as far as including things that real people actually want to eat? I really don't like to order books I have never seen online because I can be pretty disappointed. Really appreciate your comments!!! If you have only used one of them and have a comment about that, I that would help,

too.ThanksPJ