IndiaDivine.org

I'm really dont know

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

You don't have to, nor should become vegan over night. And never should you force this upon yourself. Do the transition in baby steps.Start with bringing more variety into your regular diet. I bet there are so many varieties of green stuff , fruits and pulses and legumes you have never tried out before. Try out new recipes. There are plenty of them in the file section and on the internet in general. Keep the ones you like. One of my fav is pasta with tomato sauce. I add tvp, textured vegetable protein. Most "meat-eaters" wont be able to tell the difference. Try spices, herbs, new aromas and tastes... There's a whole new world out there :)Cheers,Beatriz--- On Sun, 6/22/08, pinkelleluv <pinkelleluv wrote:pinkelleluv <pinkelleluv I'm really dont know Date: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 1:26 PM

I would love to be a vegan but i dont know what to do. What sould I eat

and what cant i eat?

Guest guest

Hello Pinkelleluv,

Google vegan blogs and you will find at least 100 answers to that question ("I would love to be a vegan but i dont know what to do.") and quite a range on this blog alone. The answers will range from raw, macrobiotic, ethnic, and comfort foods to haute cuisine of the most luxurious imaginable (don't tell anyone, but I ate a slice of mango cheese cake to die for yesterday)!

The only question you need to ask to begin this delicious and fulfilling journey is, "Did it come from an animal." After that, there are no rules, only preferences. Your preferences might very well change over time, but there's no need to fret over that now!!

Bon appetite!

-

pinkelleluv

Sunday, June 22, 2008 10:26 AM

I'm really dont know

I would love to be a vegan but i dont know what to do. What sould I eat and what cant i eat?

Guest guest

where do you buy your TVP? I can't find any locally. I'm in MA.

Amie

P Before you print think about the ENVIRONMENT Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Beatriz <searchingalight Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2008 6:03:08 PMRe: I'm really dont know

You don't have to, nor should become vegan over night. And never should you force this upon yourself. Do the transition in baby steps.Start with bringing more variety into your regular diet. I bet there are so many varieties of green stuff , fruits and pulses and legumes you have never tried out before. Try out new recipes. There are plenty of them in the file section and on the internet in general. Keep the ones you like. One of my fav is pasta with tomato sauce. I add tvp, textured vegetable protein. Most "meat-eaters" wont be able to tell the difference. Try spices, herbs, new aromas and tastes... There's a whole new world out there :)Cheers,Beatriz--- On Sun, 6/22/08, pinkelleluv <pinkelleluv@ > wrote:

pinkelleluv <pinkelleluv@ > I'm really dont knowSunday, June 22, 2008, 1:26 PM

I would love to be a vegan but i dont know what to do. What sould I eat and what cant i eat?

Guest guest

Hi Amie,I'm not in US, but I think You can try "ocean state job lot". Is there anyone near you? There is one in Woonsocket and in Medway, MA.I posted the following at another group. Although it contains olive oil, which is not part of the scope of this group, I think you can give it a try:With tvp I do the following, be it the granules or the chunks, I let it

soak in hot water while I prepare the rest of the ingredients. I rinse

them very well under the tap. It is important to squeeze them very well

to get all the water out before incorporating into the rest of the food

so it absorves better any seasoning.I dont know the exact recipe for sloppy joes, but see if you like this here:.2 tblsp olive oil.1 big onion, finely minced.1 big jar tomato pulp, but if you have nice ripe tomatos that would be best.1 cup tvp granules, measured dry.2 bayleaves, .1 tsp curry.2 cloves.1 tblsp oregano.salt to tastePrepare the tvp as abaove.Put olive oli, onions and spices into a saucepan over medium heat. Let it cook until fragrant and onion translucid.Stir in the tvp. Besure it is as

dry as possible.let it cook for a minute stirring frequently.Add

the tomato. Stir well. Add a bit water as it may start to stick. Let it

simmer on low heat for around 15 min, stirring frequently and adding

water when necessary.Serve on your favourite buns and Enjoy :)Let me know if it worked for youCheers,Beatriz :)--- On Sun, 6/22/08, AmieJPMS <amiejpms wrote:AmieJPMS <amiejpmsRe: I'm really dont know Date: Sunday, June 22, 2008, 7:23 PM

Amie

P Before you print think about the ENVIRONMENT Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Beatriz <searchingalight@ >Sunday, June 22, 2008 6:03:08 PMRe: I'm really dont know

You don't have to, nor should become vegan over night. And never should you force this upon yourself. Do the transition in baby steps.Start with bringing more variety into your regular diet. I bet there are so many varieties of green stuff , fruits and pulses and legumes you have never tried out before. Try out new recipes. There are plenty of them in the file section and on the internet in general. Keep the ones you like. One of my fav is pasta with tomato sauce. I add tvp, textured vegetable protein. Most "meat-eaters" wont be able to tell the difference. Try spices, herbs, new aromas and tastes... There's a whole new world out there :)Cheers,Beatriz--- On Sun, 6/22/08, pinkelleluv <pinkelleluv@ > wrote:

Guest guest

>where do you buy your TVP? I can't find any locally. I'm in MA.

I'm in urban NJ and nobody sells it, either. Since the 1970's I've been

buying mine mail-order from The Mail Order Catalog Company, web site

http://www.healthy-eating.com . Others have said they get great prices

and service from Bulk Foods www.bulkfoods.com and Harvest Direct

http://www.harvesttradinggroup.com/ , and I see even Amazon vendors sell

it. You can buy just about *anything* via the Internet. :)

Sue in NJ

Guest guest

I just sub cooked lentils or black beans for TVP. It may be I would find an absolutely harmless, well made product if I researched it, but it looks like something suspiciously over processed and alien to me (maybe I should take Georgetten's ethno comment to heart??). Does anyone know anything about what TVP is and how it is made?

Janet

-

AmieJPMS

Sunday, June 22, 2008 4:23 PM

Re: I'm really dont know

Amie

Beatriz <searchingalight > Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2008 6:03:08 PMRe: I'm really dont know

Guest guest

On 6/23/08, Janet Coe Hammond <janetcoe wrote:

>

> I just sub cooked lentils or black beans for TVP.

That's a great idea! Thanks. I don't like TVP, myself. I think it

tastes like cat food. (And yes, I've tasted cat food. I was a strange

child.)

> Does anyone know anything about what TVP is and how it is made?

It's a by-product of making soybean oil. There is a reasonably

detailed explanation of the manufacturing process here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Textured_vegetable_protein

Sparrow

Guest guest

What you can't eat is anything with a conscience, anything that cries for help, anything that has a spine, and anything that has eyes.pinkelleluv <pinkelleluv Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2008 1:26:56 PM I'm really dont know

and what cant i eat?

Guest guest

What you CAN eat is a whole ton of stuff! Veggies, fruit, rice, pasta, other grains, " milk, " " yogurt " ..... Would suggest transitioning carefully and forgiving yourself immediately is you " backslide. "

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 8:14 PM, candyazz28 <candyazz28 wrote:

What you can't eat is anything with a conscience, anything that cries for help, anything that has a spine, and anything that has eyes.

pinkelleluv <pinkelleluv

Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2008 1:26:56 PM I'm really dont know

and what cant i eat?

-- Georgette Nicolaidesblogcritics.org/writer/gettehttp://www.myspace.com/vegfestsyracuse