new vegan

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

hi there,

i have very recently turned vegan, this group sounds incredible, i need

to lose some weight, does anyone know any good filling low fat/cal

dinner recipes that i can try?

i look forward to heairng from people soon.

Guest guest

Hi, and congratulations on your new diet! Have you looked at the recipe

selection at www.fatfreevegan.com? There's an amazing variety there,

and I've enjoyed all Susan's recipes that I've tried. Meals that are

made from vegetables, whole grains and pulses will definitely fill you

up and be the basis of a healthy diet.

Best wishes

Alice

On 7 Jul 2008, at 06:05, nat4279 wrote:

> hi there,

> i have very recently turned vegan, this group sounds incredible, i

> need

> to lose some weight, does anyone know any good filling low fat/cal

> dinner recipes that i can try?

>

> i look forward to heairng from people soon.

>

Guest guest

Welcome aboard! When I became vegan, I lost twenty pounds in the firstyear without even trying. Best advice: forgive yourself quickly if you backslide. :-)GeorgetteOn Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 2:05 PM, nat4279 <pygmalion.nat wrote:

hi there,

i have very recently turned vegan, this group sounds incredible, i need

to lose some weight, does anyone know any good filling low fat/cal

dinner recipes that i can try?

i look forward to heairng from people soon.

-- Georgette Nicolaidesblogcritics.org/writer/gettehttp://www.myspace.com/vegfestsyracuse

Guest guest

Nat. I am a new vegan also, I started cold turkey on March 19 after much research, doctor appointments and a 1 1/2 hour meeting with the Lifestyle Medicine director at my local hospital. I have cancer that I need to fight and also weight to lose to help fight medical issues.

I have lost 32 pounds since March 19. I eat strict vegan, also no sugar. I eat ALL I WANT. I don't count calories, quantity, and just keep the fats really low. I never go hungry.

For me, I just follow the rules and continue to lose about 2 pounds per week. The rules for me are: Eat all I want. Eat a huge variety of foods, trying lots of new ones. Three meals a day with a main course of 100% whole grains and/or legumes and lots of fruits and veggies for snacks. I eat 1/8 cup of raw nuts daily. Absolutely no packaged or processed foods and NO sugar. Limited oils, and then usually extra virgin olive oil. Lots and lots of fresh, raw fruits and vegetables. Huge varieties of everything and lots of new things. Deep colors. Wild rice, eggplant, all kinds of new and weird stuff. I am having a blast and my food is delicious!

For starters, buy yourself some whole grain rice and just make a stir fry with lots of veggies. I don't even use oil. I poor cooking wine and Tamari (soy sauce) on my veggies for stir fries and use a wild rice mixture. For dessert eat lots of fruit.

For salad just pour some cooking wine and fresh squeezed lemon juice in it with some oregano and Mrs. Dash. Zero oils.

Good luck!

Shelley H

Guest guest

Great! Your diet sounds so tasty and healthy! You may want to check the ingredients in "cooking wine". Very often wine sold as "cooking wine" is full of msg, salt and/or sugar. I always choose a wine good enough to drink to cook with. Shen