IndiaDivine.org

vita-mix juicing question please....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I purchased a vita-mix about 6 months ago and love it. I have heard

that you can juice...now I tried juicing carrots and it was so thick.

I'm really want to get rid of our juicer (love it, but just want to

minimize) and use the vita-mix instead. I know with the juicer the

pulp is elimated and tons of the nutrients are lost vs. vita-mix keeps

everything. Anyone out there juice with the vita-mix? How do you do

it so you can juice? TIA

Guest guest

TIA,

I blend spinach and strain it through plastic coffee filter I got at the supermarket.

Maureen

nicole_adeline <nicole_adeline Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 5:12:06 PM vita-mix juicing question please....

I purchased a vita-mix about 6 months ago and love it. I have heard that you can juice...now I tried juicing carrots and it was so thick. I'm really want to get rid of our juicer (love it, but just want to minimize) and use the vita-mix instead. I know with the juicer the pulp is elimated and tons of the nutrients are lost vs. vita-mix keeps everything. Anyone out there juice with the vita-mix? How do you do it so you can juice? TIA

Guest guest

TIA,

I mix the "spinach water" with may carrot juice. It is about 2 cups carrot juice to 1/3 cup spinach water as a guess. And then I fill the quart bottle with filtered water. So, it is half water and half carrot juice with a bit of spinach juice. I really like it. I just stuff the blender full of spinach leaves and push them down and then add water, maybe 1.5 cups or so. I am going to start measuring it soon, so I can make sure I get it right each time. It gets foamy, so I wait a couple of minutes before I pour it in the coffee strainer. It takes patience and multiple washings of my three plastic coffee filters to strain it. It makes enough for 4 bottles, using 2 quarts of juice I buy premade and use four bottles (two empties from previous carrot juices).

Today, I added mushrooms, red bell pepper, cabbage and spinach to the carrot juice after straining it. It just saves time juicing because I am so busy and the cleanup is really simple. Not sure of any down side to this yet.

Happy juicing,

Maureen:)

maureen smith <maureensgardengrotto Sent: Thursday, July 10, 2008 6:44:17 PMRe: vita-mix juicing question please....

TIA,

I blend spinach and strain it through plastic coffee filter I got at the supermarket.

Maureen

nicole_adeline <nicole_adeline@ >Thursday, July 10, 2008 5:12:06 PM vita-mix juicing question please....

I purchased a vita-mix about 6 months ago and love it. I have heard that you can juice...now I tried juicing carrots and it was so thick. I'm really want to get rid of our juicer (love it, but just want to minimize) and use the vita-mix instead. I know with the juicer the pulp is elimated and tons of the nutrients are lost vs. vita-mix keeps everything. Anyone out there juice with the vita-mix? How do you do it so you can juice? TIA

Guest guest

A conventional juicer removes all the pulp which is the essential fiber your body needs. So, I would stick with the Vita Mix if I were you. I , myself, fill the container half way with all the veggies and fruit I want and then fill it up to about an inch from the top with filtered water and ice and I have the best juice around however, if you let it sit too long it will become thick, just add more water and blend.. Remember that any fresh juice will quickly lose it's nutrition value the longer it sits so , make sure you make and drink enough so you finish it well within 15 - 20 mins of juicing to get 100% of it's nutritional value.

Dr. Scott B Raphael,TND

Doctor of Tradititional Naturopathy--- On Thu, 7/10/08, maureen smith <maureensgardengrotto wrote:

maureen smith <maureensgardengrottoRe: vita-mix juicing question please.... Date: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 6:44 PM

TIA,

Maureen

nicole_adeline <nicole_adeline@ >Thursday, July 10, 2008 5:12:06 PM vita-mix juicing question please....