Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hello All!

I have been getting involved in doing a lot of things recently and

didn't have much time to make something to eat so here is a very quick

savoury - most of my recipes are quick, and for one or maybe two

people. When I have time I like to rarely use the oven, this recipe is

a one pot wonder! And if you blend it, it'll make a lovely dip!

Borlotti Bravo!

A can of borlotti - still using liquid (those who like to soak use

some of the liquid with cooked beans)

One medium zucchini - chopped

One fresh medium tomato

handful currants

fresh mint leaves

fresh rosemary

herbal salt

freshly ground black pepper

Lebanese bread

Nuttelex or other non dairy spread

Get a medium sized saucepan, on medium heat, add beans and liquid,

zucchini. Cook, stirring occasionally until the zucchini gets softer,

add remaining ingredients and stir together.

An option to blend to use the mixture as a dip is possible here.

Otherwise just serve onto deep plate - the kind that are in between a

bowl and a plate - on top of layer of Lebanese bread. I prefer some

nuttelex for the yummyness when the butter melts!

Mentioning silken tofu, Ive got a quick dessert for you all.

Silken Tofu Passion

Silken tofu

Passionfruit insides

coconut

honey

goji berries - soaked in warm fruit juice

Each packet can be for two or maybe two serves for one! An easy

dessert to make for a large amount of people!

Arrange silken tofu in bowl. Spoon passionfruit, goji berries - with

extra juice if you like, honey on top. Drizzle some honey if you eat

honey. Otherwise fruit juice is good, especially when its soaked goji

berries!!

blessed be

Samantha

Guest guest

> A can of borlotti - still using liquid (those who like to soak use

I had to look this up. In the USA they're known as cranberry beans.

> Nuttelex or other non dairy spread

Sorry, this is pure oil and not allowed in recipes on this list.

> honey

And since honey is not a vegan food product, something will have to

substitute for this.

Sue in NJ

Guest guest

AWESOME recipe for the silken tofu dessert, but I'll leave out the non-vegan honey. I WILL, however, use agave nectar. Thank you!

Amie

P Before you print think about the ENVIRONMENT Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Samantha <duirbeannachd Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2008 5:05:41 AM Borlotti Bravo and Silken Tofu Passion

Hello All!I have been getting involved in doing a lot of things recently anddidn't have much time to make something to eat so here is a very quicksavoury - most of my recipes are quick, and for one or maybe twopeople. When I have time I like to rarely use the oven, this recipe isa one pot wonder! And if you blend it, it'll make a lovely dip!Borlotti Bravo!A can of borlotti - still using liquid (those who like to soak usesome of the liquid with cooked beans)One medium zucchini - choppedOne fresh medium tomatohandful currantsfresh mint leavesfresh rosemaryherbal saltfreshly ground black pepperLebanese breadNuttelex or other non dairy spreadGet a medium sized saucepan, on medium heat, add beans and liquid,zucchini. Cook, stirring occasionally until the zucchini gets softer,add remaining ingredients and stir together.An option to blend to use the

mixture as a dip is possible here.Otherwise just serve onto deep plate - the kind that are in between abowl and a plate - on top of layer of Lebanese bread. I prefer somenuttelex for the yummyness when the butter melts!Mentioning silken tofu, Ive got a quick dessert for you all.Silken Tofu PassionSilken tofuPassionfruit insidescoconuthoneygoji berries - soaked in warm fruit juiceEach packet can be for two or maybe two serves for one! An easydessert to make for a large amount of people!Arrange silken tofu in bowl. Spoon passionfruit, goji berries - withextra juice if you like, honey on top. Drizzle some honey if you eathoney. Otherwise fruit juice is good, especially when its soaked gojiberries!!blessed be Samantha

Guest guest

I had never heard of borloti beans before today, so I Googled it and they are a type of kidney bean.Samantha <duirbeannachd wrote: Hello All! I have been getting involved in doing a lot of things recently and didn't have much time to make something to eat so here is a very quick savoury - most of my recipes are quick, and for one or maybe two people. When I have time I like to rarely use the oven, this recipe is a one pot wonder! And if you blend it, it'll make a lovely dip! Borlotti Bravo! A can

of borlotti - still using liquid (those who like to soak use some of the liquid with cooked beans) One medium zucchini - chopped One fresh medium tomato handful currants fresh mint leaves fresh rosemary herbal salt freshly ground black pepper Lebanese bread Nuttelex or other non dairy spread Get a medium sized saucepan, on medium heat, add beans and liquid, zucchini. Cook, stirring occasionally until the zucchini gets softer, add remaining ingredients and stir together. An option to blend to use the mixture as a dip is possible here. Otherwise just serve onto deep plate - the kind that are in between a bowl and a plate - on top of layer of Lebanese bread. I prefer some nuttelex for the yummyness when the butter melts! Mentioning silken tofu, Ive got a quick dessert for you all. Silken Tofu Passion Silken tofu Passionfruit insides coconut honey goji

berries - soaked in warm fruit juice Each packet can be for two or maybe two serves for one! An easy dessert to make for a large amount of people! Arrange silken tofu in bowl. Spoon passionfruit, goji berries - with extra juice if you like, honey on top. Drizzle some honey if you eat honey. Otherwise fruit juice is good, especially when its soaked goji berries!! blessed be Samantha

Guest guest

I had never heard of borlotti beans before today, so I Googled it and they are a type of kidney bean.If you can't locate cranberry beans, an acceptable substitute is the pinto bean, and a second (but not as close) substitute would be red kidney beans.Samantha <duirbeannachd wrote: Hello All! I have been getting involved in doing a lot of things recently and didn't have much time to make something to eat so here is a very quick savoury - most of my recipes are quick, and for one or maybe two people. When I have

time I like to rarely use the oven, this recipe is a one pot wonder! And if you blend it, it'll make a lovely dip! Borlotti Bravo! A can of borlotti - still using liquid (those who like to soak use some of the liquid with cooked beans) One medium zucchini - chopped One fresh medium tomato handful currants fresh mint leaves fresh rosemary herbal salt freshly ground black pepper Lebanese bread Nuttelex or other non dairy spread Get a medium sized saucepan, on medium heat, add beans and liquid, zucchini. Cook, stirring occasionally until the zucchini gets softer, add remaining ingredients and stir together. An option to blend to use the mixture as a dip is possible here. Otherwise just serve onto deep plate - the kind that are in between a bowl and a plate - on top of layer of Lebanese bread. I prefer some nuttelex for the yummyness when the butter melts!

Mentioning silken tofu, Ive got a quick dessert for you all. Silken Tofu Passion Silken tofu Passionfruit insides coconut honey goji berries - soaked in warm fruit juice Each packet can be for two or maybe two serves for one! An easy dessert to make for a large amount of people! Arrange silken tofu in bowl. Spoon passionfruit, goji berries - with extra juice if you like, honey on top. Drizzle some honey if you eat honey. Otherwise fruit juice is good, especially when its soaked goji berries!! blessed be Samantha

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

A belated reply...

hi Sue

I am from Australia and this is what I know the borlotti beans as. it

is their label and name in shops here, not stores as you would call it

and i know more about US culture than you do of australian culture.

particularly angry about the us tourist in the train the other day who

answered a question on behalf of the aboriginal people here. well i'm

not a full blood as it can be seen as but i've got it in me and no one

asks me about the ways of kooris or other aborigines!!

I included the honey as it is what I include in my recipe. I know

people are only submitting vegan recipes on this list, I am a lactose

intolerant - thus no dairy, mostly vegetarian. I know that honey is

not a purely vegan choice. I won't stress about this any further as I

will go to a vegetarian group where they are not so freaked out about

diet propaganda such as nut oil spread being pure oil thus it equals

fat?! I slather it onto toast every morning almost, as its far better

than the plastic crud that is produced with dairy based margarine. if

it comes from nature then bloody well eat it and stop wasting time on

facts of science.

bye.

blessed be

, " Sue in NJ " <sue_in_nj wrote:

>

> > A can of borlotti - still using liquid (those who like to soak use

>

> I had to look this up. In the USA they're known as cranberry beans.

>

>

> > Nuttelex or other non dairy spread

>

> Sorry, this is pure oil and not allowed in recipes on this list.

>

>

> > honey

>

> And since honey is not a vegan food product, something will have to

> substitute for this.

>

>

>

> Sue in NJ

>