IndiaDivine.org

sweet tooth? moo-less chocolate pie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Since sometimes we have a sweet-tooth (you know who you are out there...) how about a protein-rich healthy chocolate pie with no added fat??

I have made this several times and I bring it to parties as well as potlucks. NOONE ever even THINKS it's vegan, and then after they've been fighting each other like a bunch of hungry cage-fighters for the last slice, you can see it dawn on them that a vegan made it...and you watch the lightbulb go off that there just may not be milk products in this... they all thought they were eating their fattening whipped cream pudding-laden pies.... BWAHAHAHAHA!! Healthy on the SLY!! hahahah!!! Gad, I love cooking.

Courtesy of Alton Brown... one of my heroes.

~~Amie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moo-Less Chocolate Pie Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown Show: Good Eats Episode: Tofuworld 2 cups vegan chocolate chips (Baler's chunks have no milkfat, but check the ingrediants anyway)1/3 cup coffee liqueur (or just strong brewed coffee)1 block silken tofu 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 tablespoon honey (vegan option... use agave nectar, and only a tsp is needed, honestly)1 prepared chocolate wafer crust (I just crushed up chocolate graham crackers, spritzed the crumbs with water until SLIGHTLY moist and pressed into bottom of pan.)

Place a small metal bowl over a saucepan with simmering water. Melt the chocolate and coffee liqueur in the bowl. Stir in vanilla. Combine the tofu, chocolate mixture, and honey (agave nectar!) in the blender jar. Liquefy until smooth.

Pour the filling into the crust and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until the filling is set.

Amie

P Before you print think about the ENVIRONMENT Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

Guest guest

oh, for the ingredients, I meant to type "BAKERS" not "Balers"... in case you were wondering. Danged typos... see, I was all excited about the danged pie again....

Amie

P Before you print think about the ENVIRONMENT Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

AmieJPMS <amiejpmsFATFREE VEGANLIST Friday, July 18, 2008 7:58:55 PM sweet tooth? moo-less chocolate pie

Since sometimes we have a sweet-tooth (you know who you are out there...) how about a protein-rich healthy chocolate pie with no added fat??

I have made this several times and I bring it to parties as well as potlucks. NOONE ever even THINKS it's vegan, and then after they've been fighting each other like a bunch of hungry cage-fighters for the last slice, you can see it dawn on them that a vegan made it...and you watch the lightbulb go off that there just may not be milk products in this... they all thought they were eating their fattening whipped cream pudding-laden pies.... BWAHAHAHAHA! ! Healthy on the SLY!! hahahah!!! Gad, I love cooking.

~~Amie

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Moo-Less Chocolate Pie Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown Show: Good Eats Episode: Tofuworld 2 cups vegan chocolate chips (Baler's chunks have no milkfat, but check the ingrediants anyway)1/3 cup coffee liqueur (or just strong brewed coffee)1 block silken tofu 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 tablespoon honey (vegan option... use agave nectar, and only a tsp is needed, honestly)1 prepared chocolate wafer crust (I just crushed up chocolate graham crackers, spritzed the crumbs with water until SLIGHTLY moist and pressed into bottom of pan.)

Place a small metal bowl over a saucepan with simmering water. Melt the chocolate and coffee liqueur in the bowl. Stir in vanilla. Combine the tofu, chocolate mixture, and honey (agave nectar!) in the blender jar. Liquefy until smooth.

Pour the filling into the crust and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until the filling is set.

Amie

Guest guest

oh, for the ingredients, I meant to type "BAKERS" not "Balers"... in case you were wondering. Danged typos... see, I was all excited about the danged pie again....

Amie

AmieJPMS <amiejpmsFATFREE VEGANLIST Friday, July 18, 2008 7:58:55 PM sweet tooth? moo-less chocolate pie

I have made this several times and I bring it to parties as well as potlucks. NOONE ever even THINKS it's vegan, and then after they've been fighting each other like a bunch of hungry cage-fighters for the last slice, you can see it dawn on them that a vegan made it...and you watch the lightbulb go off that there just may not be milk products in this... they all thought they were eating their fattening whipped cream pudding-laden pies.... BWAHAHAHAHA! ! Healthy on the SLY!! hahahah!!! Gad, I love cooking.

~~Amie

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Amie