IndiaDivine.org

Need cookbook & Lunch recommendations

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My hubby and I went to our favorite restaurant tonight. They only have a couple vegetarian options but nothing vegan. After talking to them tonight they're willing to start cooking some healthy vegan dishes and they want me to come up with some ideas for them.

I'll look online and try to come up with some ideas but I would also like to buy them a vegan cookbook. I would like a book with easy and tasty recipes that can be made in the restaurant and maybe help open their eyes to the vegan lifestyle. They want to work with us because they like us, but they also think we are really weird because we don't eat meat and dairy. LOL I would like to help bridge that gap somewhat.

Anyone have some recommendations?

Also, my hubby is getting extremely bored with his lunches. Are there any cookbooks focused just on lunches or foods on the go? Anyone have some ideas for me to help liven up my husbands lunches? He is an old meat and potato person who isn't really into trying new and exotic foods so the food has to be somewhat "normal". :-)

Thanks

Tami

Your life is an occasion. RISE to it!

210.8/ 185.2/ 130 (- 25.6 pounds)

It's not just a cookbook. Yet I highly recommend the recipes in Reverse and Prevent Heart Disease by Caldwell Esselstyn. The recipes are delicious and most of them are quite easy to prepare. Very adaptable to restaurant cooking, I would think. The first part of the book would be a great education for the restaurant owners too. I know there are many other great vegan cookbooks. This is my top pick though.Any of the McDougall cookbooks would be great too. MarthaTami

<windswept.serenity.528 Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2008 8:51:39 PM Need cookbook & Lunch recommendations

My hubby and I went to our favorite restaurant tonight. They only have a couple vegetarian options but nothing vegan. After talking to them tonight they're willing to start cooking some healthy vegan dishes and they want me to come up with some ideas for them.

I'll look online and try to come up with some ideas but I would also like to buy them a vegan cookbook. I would like a book with easy and tasty recipes that can be made in the restaurant and maybe help open their eyes to the vegan lifestyle. They want to work with us because they like us, but they also think we are really weird because we don't eat meat and dairy. LOL I would like to help bridge that gap somewhat.

Also, my hubby is getting extremely bored with his lunches. Are there any cookbooks focused just on lunches or foods on the go? Anyone have some ideas for me to help liven up my husbands lunches? He is an old meat and potato person who isn't really into trying new and exotic foods so the food has to be somewhat "normal". :-)

Thanks

Tami

>

Maybe something with recipes from a vegan restaurant, such as

Millennium or Candle Cafe? (Both those restaurants have put out

beautiful books.) The Voluptuous Vegan is great, too.

alice

>

> Tami <windswept.serenity.528

>

> Saturday, August 30, 2008 8:51:39 PM

> Need cookbook & Lunch recommendations

>

>

> My hubby and I went to our favorite restaurant tonight. They only have

> a couple vegetarian options but nothing vegan. After talking to them

> tonight they're willing to start cooking some healthy vegan dishes and

> they want me to come up with some ideas for them.

> I'll look online and try to come up with some ideas but I would also

> like to buy them a vegan cookbook. I would like a book with easy and

> tasty recipes that can be made in the restaurant and maybe help open

> their eyes to the vegan lifestyle. They want to work with us because

> they like us, but they also think we are really weird because we don't

> eat meat and dairy. LOL I would like to help bridge that gap somewhat.

> Anyone have some recommendations?

>  

> Also, my hubby is getting extremely bored with his lunches. Are there

> any cookbooks focused just on lunches or foods on the go? Anyone have

> some ideas for me to help liven up my husbands lunches? He is an old

> meat and potato person who isn't really into trying new and exotic

> foods so the food has to be somewhat " normal " . :-)

>  

> Thanks

> Tami

Tami wrote:

> v\:* { BEHAVIOR: url (#default#vml) } v\:* { BEHAVIOR: url

> (#default#vml) } My hubby and I went to our favorite restaurant

> tonight. They only have a couple vegetarian options but nothing

> vegan. After talking to them tonight they're willing to start cooking

> some healthy vegan dishes and they want me to come up with some ideas

> for them. I'll look online and try to come up with some ideas but I

> would also like to buy them a vegan cookbook. I would like a book

> with easy and tasty recipes that can be made in the restaurant and

> maybe help open their eyes to the vegan lifestyle. They want to work

> with us because they like us, but they also think we are really weird

> because we don't eat meat and dairy. LOL I would like to help bridge

> that gap somewhat. Anyone have some recommendations?

Vegan with a Vengeance. Tell them that if they serve the Punk Rock

Chickpea Gravy, people will call them liars to their faces when they say

it's vegan. It happens to me all the time. :-)

Serene (and it's low-fat, too!)

I second, "The Vouptuous Vegan." It has really delicious, sophisticated meals in it. And great suggestions for modifying the many courses to make quick meals. I am so glad I picked up a copy one day. -Becky

-

Alice Leonard

Saturday, August 30, 2008 10:43 PM

Re: Need cookbook & Lunch recommendations

Maybe something with recipes from a vegan restaurant, such as Millennium or Candle Cafe? (Both those restaurants have put out beautiful books.) The Voluptuous Vegan is great, too.alice

Tami <windswept.serenity.528 Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2008 8:51:39 PM Need cookbook & Lunch recommendationsMy hubby and I went to our favorite restaurant tonight. They only have a couple vegetarian options but nothing vegan. After talking to them tonight they're willing to start cooking some healthy vegan dishes and they want me to come up with some ideas for them.I'll look online and try to come up with some ideas but I would also like to buy them a vegan cookbook. I would like a book with easy and tasty recipes that can be made in the restaurant and maybe help open their eyes to the vegan lifestyle. They want to work with us because they like us, but they also think we are really weird because we don't eat meat and dairy. LOL I would like to help bridge that gap somewhat.Anyone have some recommendations? Also, my hubby is getting extremely bored with his lunches. Are there any cookbooks focused just on lunches or foods on the go? Anyone have some ideas for me to help liven up my husbands lunches? He is an old meat and potato person who isn't really into trying new and exotic foods so the food has to be somewhat "normal". :-) ThanksTami

I recommend the book "Vegan Lunch Box" for some great lunch ideas.

http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Lunch-Box-Animal-Free-Grown-Ups/dp/1600940722--- On Sat, 8/30/08, Tami <windswept.serenity.528 wrote:

Tami <windswept.serenity.528 Need cookbook & Lunch recommendations Date: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 8:51 PM

Thanks

Tami