IndiaDivine.org

Hi, I am new here too

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

I joined the group because my doctor said for health reasons I should become a "vegan". Not vegetarian, but "vegan". I do not know any vegans or any vegetarians either but I am interested. I eat my three meals a day in my car while going through the drive through at fast food places but my weight is sky high and I feel sluggish all the time. I was surprised when the doctor said "vegan" because that is a drastic change from high priestess of junk food to vegan but I am desperate for a lifestyle change. In my spare time I am really into animal rights even though I just had a chicken salad sandwhich and huge helping of Stoufers macaroni and cheese for lunch. But with God's help, this will all change.

Nice to meet you,

"Julie" (nickname)

Hi JulieI applaud your honesty and your willingness to look at a new way of living - welcome to the group!! (I also applaud your doctor!)It might not always be easy, but you can definitely do this, and you'll probably wonder why on earth you didn't do it sooner.You'll get a lot of support here, it really is a wonderful group.I highly recommend you visit www.compassionatecooks.com and listen to all the podcasts. They're entertaining, thought-provoking, heart-warming and motivating. Keep us posted!Best wishesAlice (in Auckland, New Zealand)On 30/12/2008, at 9:01 AM, Julie wrote:Hi,I joined the group because my doctor said for health reasons I should become a "vegan". Not vegetarian, but "vegan". I do not know any vegans or any vegetarians either but I am interested. I eat my three meals a day in my car while going through the drive through at fast food places but my weight is sky high and I feel sluggish all the time. I was surprised when the doctor said "vegan" because that is a drastic change from high priestess of junk food to vegan but I am desperate for a lifestyle change. In my spare time I am really into animal rights even though I just had a chicken salad sandwhich and huge helping of Stoufers macaroni and cheese for lunch. But with God's help, this will all change. Nice to meet you,"Julie" (nickname)

Hi Julie

Welcome aboard. I have been vegan now for almost 9 years - right after my daughter was diagnosed with milk allergies, and my parents died from heart disease and diabetes. Prior to that, I was the queen of junk food and I ate more cheese than a Wisconisin dairy farmer. (It was it's own food group on my pyramid.) While pregnant with my daughter - I would eat at Wendy's every day - just had to have that burger. Now I can't even imagine doing that. At first, the change may seem hard, but it isn't. Get some books, do some reading, ask questions - and be willing to try and use your imagination. I learn so much by watching the posts on this group - and I'm sure you will too.

Now that I don't eat any animal products and I feel great. My kids are wonderful heatlhy eaters. I am 48 and can out do most moms who are much younger than me. It won't take long for your taste buds to change, your habits to morph and your health to return! Good luck!

Nancy

www.Veg4Health.com

Stop by for Free E-course on How to Eat Healthier

, Julie <ny.julie wrote:>> Hi,> I joined the group because my doctor said for health reasons I should become a "vegan". Not vegetarian, but "vegan". I do not know any vegans or any vegetarians either but I am interested. I eat my three meals a day in my car while going through the drive through at fast food places but my weight is sky high and I feel sluggish all the time. I was surprised when the doctor said "vegan" because that is a drastic change from high priestess of junk food to vegan but I am desperate for a lifestyle change. In my spare time I am really into animal rights even though I just had a chicken salad sandwhich and huge helping of Stoufers macaroni and cheese for lunch. But with God's help, this will all change.> > Nice to meet you,> "Julie" (nickname)>

Like the 3 meals a day going through a drive through

Julie

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 9:01 AM

Hi, I am new here too

Hi,

I joined the group because my doctor said for health reasons I should become a "vegan". Not vegetarian, but "vegan". I do not know any vegans or any vegetarians either but I am interested. I eat my three meals a day in my car while going through the drive through at fast food places but my weight is sky high and I feel sluggish all the time. I was surprised when the doctor said "vegan" because that is a drastic change from high priestess of junk food to vegan but I am desperate for a lifestyle change. In my spare time I am really into animal rights even though I just had a chicken salad sandwhich and huge helping of Stoufers macaroni and cheese for lunch. But with God's help, this will all change.

Nice to meet you,

"Julie" (nickname)

when I start the Straight veaga way no fats, I had a headache for a few weeks, that has gone now, I feel a lot better,

Am over my being sick, that is far better

Julie

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 9:01 AM

Hi, I am new here too

Hi,

Nice to meet you,

"Julie" (nickname)

Hi Julie,Welcome to this group. Make sure you check out the recipe files. It will help you get started. Just a few posts back today Gayle posted a Mac and Cheeze recipe. You might want to try it with some whole grain pasta. If you're not familiar with nutritional yeast, you can find it in health food stores. Same with raw cashews. I've come to love vegan "cheese" recipes even though I was a big cheese eater in my non-vegan days. The thought of high-fat dairy cheese not is not appealing at all. Your tastes will adjust. That's great that your doctor encouraged you to be vegan. One word of caution, it is possible to be unhealthy yet vegan. You've come to the right place to learn how to be a healthy vegan. If you haven't already learned about Dr. McDougall, I've linked his name to his online free program. It will walk you through a healthy vegan lifestyle. His site also has tons of recipes through his newsletter archives. I don't know your health issues. If they have anything to do with heart disease, Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn is a must read. He has a book called Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease. It is very informative and has some delicious recipes as well. We're here for you, Julie. MarthaJulie <ny.julie Sent: Monday, December 29, 2008 3:01:32 PM Hi, I am new here too

Hi,

Nice to meet you,

"Julie" (nickname)