IndiaDivine.org

OT name pronunciation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Susan, would you mind telling me how you pronounce your last name? I've been saying it as 'voy zin' like 'boy' with emphasis on the first syllable. Yet I've wondered lately if I'm saying it properly. I realized I'm probably giving it an American pronunciation. However, if it's a French derivative, then perhaps it's more like vawa-zan. Or maybe something different altogether. Thanks for your help! Martha

I've been wondering this too!aliceOn 12/01/2009, at 5:46 PM, Martha wrote:Susan, would you mind telling me how you pronounce your last name? I've been saying it as 'voy zin' like 'boy' with emphasis on the first syllable. Yet I've wondered lately if I'm saying it properly. I realized I'm probably giving it an American pronunciation. However, if it's a French derivative, then perhaps it's more like vawa-zan. Or maybe something different altogether. Thanks for your help! Martha

Martha, you got it just about perfectly on all counts. We pronounce it voy-sin, but the true French pronunciation is vwa-zan (sort of). It means "neighbor" in French, and it's my husband's family name. You wouldn't have any trouble pronouncing my maiden name, which is Brown. I always found it kind of dull and jumped at the chance to take on a French last name, but I never anticipated how many times I would have to spell it to people over the phone!

Susan

-------------Susan VoisinFatFree Vegan Kitchenhttp://blog.fatfreevegan.com-------------

Susan, would you mind telling me how you pronounce your last name? I've been saying it as 'voy zin' like 'boy' with emphasis on the first syllable. Yet I've wondered lately if I'm saying it properly. I realized I'm probably giving it an American pronunciation. However, if it's a French derivative, then perhaps it's more like vawa-zan. Or maybe something different altogether. Thanks for your help! Martha

Thanks, Susan. I took French in school and would love to have had a French name. So I think it's very cool that you do now. :-) Martha Susan Voisin <susan Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2009 11:58:25 PMRe: OT name

pronunciation

Martha, you got it just about perfectly on all counts. We pronounce it voy-sin, but the true French pronunciation is vwa-zan (sort of). It means "neighbor" in French, and it's my husband's family name. You wouldn't have any trouble pronouncing my maiden name, which is Brown. I always found it kind of dull and jumped at the chance to take on a French last name, but I never anticipated how many times I would have to spell it to people over the phone!

Susan

------------ --------- --------- --------- -------Susan VoisinFatFree Vegan Kitchenhttp://blog. fatfreevegan. com------------ --------- --------- --------- -------

My last name is Hartman.

Susan Hartman, RN | Violence and Injury Prevention CoordinatorSoutheast District Office Pennsylvania Department of Health625 Cherry St., Room 401 | Reading, PA 19602Phone: 610.378.4352 | Fax: 610.621.5890

www.health.state.pa.us

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail, including any attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential information that is legally privileged and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are notified that any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail immediately and destroy all copies of the original message.

On Behalf Of Alice LeonardSunday, January 11, 2009 11:55 PM Subject: Re: OT name pronunciation

I've been wondering this too!

alice

On 12/01/2009, at 5:46 PM, Martha wrote: