IndiaDivine.org

New Vegan on fourth day

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hey folks - was put on some kind of blood sugar medicine for "pre-diabetes" and so I decided to go fat-free vegan.  I got a book a while back when I gave money to PCRM and got a book by Dr. B called BREAKING THE FOOD SEDUCTION which I promptly put aside and kept eating my meat, although I was intrigued.  Mostly in diet attempts I've gone Atkins or low-fat, and one time made a grand attempt at RAW for almost three full months, and it was the best I've ever felt in my entire life.  That was two years ago.  So now, at 52, I'm ready.  I'm so ready.  Already at the end of day four I feel fine, no really bad cravings except yesterday watching some commercial for fried chicken.  But the food is all so delicious, and things like Amy's minestrone soup have improved so dramatically since I tasted them back in the 70s, that this seems almost simple to do.  Am I on a pink cloud?  Am I in for some bad bumps with detoxing or cravings?  I was never a big sugar head, always the fat, the pork, the bacon and the beef steaks and even (gasp) the foie gras.  But again, I feel ready.  I feel, well, blessed to not want to eat that meat and eggs and fat anymore because it goes with my spirit, and now I'm not a  hypocrite anymore - member of PETA, all for animals, and then just gobbling them up.  Anyway, good to be here.  I've already printed out a recipe for fat-free salad dressing (ranch) and since I live in the Portland area there is no problem finding good grains, legumes, fresh tofu and the veggies.  I'll miss avocados too, and nuts, at least for a while until I lose this extra 50.  See ya all around..... jennifer trumpjennifur

Hi Jennifer

Congratulations, and welcome to the group!

Sounds like you're off to a great start.

Like you, I felt a huge relief once my actions/diet were in line with

my principles of compassion and non-violence. Gaining that peace of

mind is absolutely wonderful.

Best wishes

alice (in Auckland, new zealand)

On 04/02/2009, at 4:42 PM, jennifer trump wrote:

> Hey folks - was put on some kind of blood sugar medicine for

> " pre-diabetes " and so I decided to go fat-free vegan.  I got a book a

> while back when I gave money to PCRM and got a book by Dr. B called

> BREAKING THE FOOD SEDUCTION which I promptly put aside and kept eating

> my meat, although I was intrigued.  Mostly in diet attempts I've gone

> Atkins or low-fat, and one time made a grand attempt at RAW for almost

> three full months, and it was the best I've ever felt in my entire

> life.  That was two years ago.  So now, at 52, I'm ready.  I'm so

> ready.  

>

> Already at the end of day four I feel fine, no really bad cravings

> except yesterday watching some commercial for fried chicken.  But the

> food is all so delicious, and things like Amy's minestrone soup have

> improved so dramatically since I tasted them back in the 70s, that

> this seems almost simple to do.  Am I on a pink cloud?  Am I in for

> some bad bumps with detoxing or cravings?  I was never a big sugar

> head, always the fat, the pork, the bacon and the beef steaks and even

> (gasp) the foie gras.  

>

> But again, I feel ready.  I feel, well, blessed to not want to eat

> that meat and eggs and fat anymore because it goes with my spirit, and

> now I'm not a  hypocrite anymore - member of PETA, all for animals,

> and then just gobbling them up.  

>

> Anyway, good to be here.  I've already printed out a recipe for

> fat-free salad dressing (ranch) and since I live in the Portland area

> there is no problem finding good grains, legumes, fresh tofu and the

> veggies.  I'll miss avocados too, and nuts, at least for a while until

> I lose this extra 50.  

>

> See ya all around.....

>

> jennifer trump

> jennifur

>

>

>

>

>

>

Welcome, Jennifer!No, I don't think you are on a pink cloud. Sounds like you are mentally and emotionally ready at this point in your life. And that makes a huge difference, I think. If you do have any setbacks, get back right on track. It's what you do day in and day out that will make it a lifestyle change. Best wishes,Marthajennifer trump <jennifurTo:

Sent: Tuesday, February 3, 2009 10:42:14 PM New Vegan on fourth day

Hey folks - was put on some kind of blood sugar medicine for "pre-diabetes" and so I decided to go fat-free vegan. I got a book a while back when I gave money to PCRM and got a book by Dr. B called BREAKING THE FOOD SEDUCTION which I promptly put aside and kept eating my meat, although I was intrigued. Mostly in diet attempts I've gone Atkins or low-fat, and one time made a grand attempt at RAW for almost three full months, and it was the best I've ever felt in my entire life. That was two years ago. So now, at 52, I'm ready. I'm so ready. Already at the end of day four I feel fine, no really bad cravings except yesterday watching some commercial for fried chicken. But the food is all so delicious, and things like Amy's minestrone soup have improved so dramatically since I tasted them back in the 70s, that this seems almost simple to do. Am I on a pink cloud? Am I in for some

bad bumps with detoxing or cravings? I was never a big sugar head, always the fat, the pork, the bacon and the beef steaks and even (gasp) the foie gras. But again, I feel ready. I feel, well, blessed to not want to eat that meat and eggs and fat anymore because it goes with my spirit, and now I'm not a hypocrite anymore - member of PETA, all for animals, and then just gobbling them up. Anyway, good to be here. I've already printed out a recipe for fat-free salad dressing (ranch) and since I live in the Portland area there is no problem finding good grains, legumes, fresh tofu and the veggies. I'll miss avocados too, and nuts, at least for a while until I lose this extra 50. See ya all around..... jennifer trumpjennifur (AT) comcast (DOT) net

Hi Jennifer-

Congratulations on your new life. I'm not quite there yet but reading

about people like you gives me hope. Would you mind sharing the ranch

dressing recipe. It's one of my many weaknesses and if I could find a

healthier version besides the nasty ff kind at the grocery store I will

be happy.

Best of luck,

Shannon

p.s. I'm in SW Washington

RANCH DRESSING:1/3 C low-fat silken tofu (extra firm if you can find it, I can't so I use firm)1 C low-fat soy or almond milk (of course you don't want vanilla flavor) 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or one clove 1/2 teaspoon onion powder1/2 teaspoon parsley dry or 2 tspns fresh (use fresh!)1/2 teaspoon salt lots of pepper2 T lemon juiceRun it all in the food processor and adjust to taste.  It is very thin so I fixed that by adding 1/2 teaspoon guar gum and it thickened up a bit, but careful not to add too much of that stuff, it's like 8 times the thickener effect of corn starch.  I have it pretty pourable at this point but for a dip I would probably add more guar gum.I confess I also added dried rosemary, basil and dill, about 1/2 tsp each, but I can't taste them - and my spices are brand new.  Mostly I taste the lemon juice, garlic & onion.  Next time I'm going to add some chopped scallion at the end for more flavor as it sits.I had it with carrots this morning as a snack and it was sooooo good.  Not like "real" ranch, but you get used to it quickly.On Feb 5, 2009, at 10:39 AM, shannonrodeback wrote:Hi Jennifer-Congratulations on your new life. I'm not quite there yet but reading about people like you gives me hope. Would you mind sharing the ranch dressing recipe. It's one of my many weaknesses and if I could find a healthier version besides the nasty ff kind at the grocery store I will be happy.Best of luck,Shannonp.s. I'm in SW Washington jennifer trumpjennifur

Weight watch have fat free sauces

shannonrodeback

Friday, February 06, 2009 7:39 AM

Re: New Vegan on fourth day

Hi Jennifer-Congratulations on your new life. I'm not quite there yet but reading about people like you gives me hope. Would you mind sharing the ranch dressing recipe. It's one of my many weaknesses and if I could find a healthier version besides the nasty ff kind at the grocery store I will be happy.Best of luck,Shannonp.s. I'm in SW Washington