IndiaDivine.org

Potato and Arugula soup!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

6 cups vegetable stock (or no chicken broth by Imagine)

2 lbs 12 oz desiree potatos chopped into small pieces

2 large garlic cloves; peeled

9 oz arugula + extra for garnish

vegan parmesan (optional)

1. Place the stock in a large heavy saucepan and bring to boil. Add

the potato and garlic and simmer over medium heaat for 15 minutes or

until the potato is tender. Add the arugula and simmer for 2 minutes.

2. Tranfer mixture to a blender or food processor and blend in batched

until smooth. Return the mixture to the pan and stir over medium heat

until hot. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with torn

arugula leaves (and optional vegan parmesan.) Enjoy!

where do you find vegan parmesan?  We have looked at several storesOn Feb 5, 2009, at 6:54 PM, jenpollard wrote:6 cups vegetable stock (or no chicken broth by Imagine)2 lbs 12 oz desiree potatos chopped into small pieces2 large garlic cloves; peeled9 oz arugula + extra for garnishvegan parmesan (optional)1. Place the stock in a large heavy saucepan and bring to boil. Add the potato and garlic and simmer over medium heaat for 15 minutes or until the potato is tender. Add the arugula and simmer for 2 minutes.2. Tranfer mixture to a blender or food processor and blend in batched until smooth. Return the mixture to the pan and stir over medium heat until hot. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with torn arugula leaves (and optional vegan parmesan.) Enjoy!  jennifer trumpjennifur

Day 7 today on fat-free vegan.  Hubby and I both had our first "cheat" last night unbeknownst to each other:  we both took some almond butter (gasp) and put it on a whole grain cracker.  Funny how we both "cheated" on the same day with the same food.Richard is not feeling well as of last night - got cold & hot but no fever.  We are wondering if he might be de-toxing a little bit from going from an Atkins diet to totally fat-free vegan.  That's my guess, anyway.  I have gout but since starting this new lifestyle, a beginning attack "disappeared" after my third day on the vegan foods.  I'm keeping my eyes on the prize - my blood sugar is down from 168 to this morning at 129 (both are fasting bloods sugars) and my blood pressure is down to 121/82, very nice.  And all this after one week (really six days) on vegan.  Yesterday I ate two sandwiches with sprouted rye bread, hummus, cabbage leaves, red onion, artichoke heart (packed in water) a couple of kalamata olives (fatty) and some capers.  They were OUTSTANDING.  I must say, the sandwiches are my favorite as well as the Amy's Minestrone soup in the can which tastes better than any canned soup I've ever had, bar none, even clam chowder.  It's good to find at least two things I love so far.I'll keep looking for things to love to eat on this lifestyle.  My biggest buggaboo is salt - I want salt on everything because I have not transitioned to loving the actual flavor of the bean or rice or quinoa plain.  Maybe this will come in time.  I use Bragg's but I still think it's salt.Peace outJenniferOn Feb 5, 2009, at 6:54 PM, jenpollard wrote:6 cups vegetable stock (or no chicken broth by Imagine)2 lbs 12 oz desiree potatos chopped into small pieces2 large garlic cloves; peeled9 oz arugula + extra for garnishvegan parmesan (optional)1. Place the stock in a large heavy saucepan and bring to boil. Add the potato and garlic and simmer over medium heaat for 15 minutes or until the potato is tender. Add the arugula and simmer for 2 minutes.2. Tranfer mixture to a blender or food processor and blend in batched until smooth. Return the mixture to the pan and stir over medium heat until hot. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with torn arugula leaves (and optional vegan parmesan.) Enjoy!  jennifer trumpjennifur

I found mine next to the vegan cheeses and sour cream at my local health food store, Earthfare. Where are you located?

Stephanie Schuster

AFAA Certified Personal Trainer

Health and Wellness Coach

http://www.gothealthgetjuiceplus.com/

"The news isn't that fruits and vegetables are good for you, the news is that they are so good for you they could save your life" TIME magazine Oct 2003 p. 50

jennifer trump <jennifur Sent: Friday, February 6, 2009 10:29:36 AMRe: Potato and Arugula soup!

where do you find vegan parmesan? We have looked at several stores

On Feb 5, 2009, at 6:54 PM, jenpollard (AT) ymail (DOT) com wrote:

6 cups vegetable stock (or no chicken broth by Imagine)2 lbs 12 oz desiree potatos chopped into small pieces2 large garlic cloves; peeled9 oz arugula + extra for garnishvegan parmesan (optional)1. Place the stock in a large heavy saucepan and bring to boil. Add the potato and garlic and simmer over medium heaat for 15 minutes or until the potato is tender. Add the arugula and simmer for 2 minutes.2. Tranfer mixture to a blender or food processor and blend in batched until smooth. Return the mixture to the pan and stir over medium heat until hot. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Garnish with torn arugula leaves (and optional vegan parmesan.) Enjoy!

jennifer trump

jennifur (AT) comcast (DOT) net

Some health foods stores probably sell it. Wild Oats used to carry it, but I hadn't seen it in a long time, even before they transitioned to Whole Foods. Some WF may carry it, depending on the market size-and if they don't, ask them why! Usually they are good about ordering stuff in for you. You can order it online from Vegan EssentialsSoymage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtpV08sg3kc & sdig=1Parma: http://www.veganessentials.com/catalog/parma-raw-parmesan-cheese-alternative.htmNeither are exactly fat free though :(Or you can make your own:Parmezano 1 c nutritional yeast flakes or powder1/2 c raw almonds1/2 tsp saltPlace all ingredients in a food processor and process until reduced to a fine powder (which can take a bit of

time if your food processor isn't very powerful or you put too much in at one time.) Store in the refrigerator and use like you would parmesan cheese. The almonds will add some fat, but it's not added fat (such as oil or margarine).--- On Fri, 2/6/09, jennifer trump <jennifur wrote:

where do you find vegan parmesan? We have looked at several stores

Great recipe!  I have those ingredients and will make a batch immediately!On Feb 6, 2009, at 9:00 AM, Jenn wrote:Some health foods stores probably sell it.  Wild Oats used to carry it, but I hadn't seen it in a long time, even before they transitioned to Whole Foods.  Some WF may carry it, depending on the market size-and if they don't, ask them why!  Usually they are good about ordering  stuff in for you.  You can order it online from Vegan EssentialsSoymage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtpV08sg3kc & sdig=1Parma: http://www.veganessentials.com/catalog/parma-raw-parmesan-cheese-alternative.htmNeither are exactly fat free though :(Or you can make your own:Parmezano 1 c nutritional yeast flakes or powder1/2 c raw almonds1/2 tsp saltPlace all ingredients in a food processor and process until reduced to a fine powder (which can take a bit of time if your food processor isn't very powerful or you put too much in at one time.)  Store in the refrigerator and use like you would parmesan cheese.  The almonds will add some fat, but it's not added fat (such as oil or margarine).--- On Fri, 2/6/09, jennifer trump <jennifur (AT) comcast (DOT) net> wrote:where do you find vegan parmesan?  We have looked at several stores jennifer trumpjennifur