IndiaDivine.org

artichokes in sandwiches, and other flavors

Rate this topic

Guest guest

>Oh, and I'm not sure if this list considers nuts to be too-high-fat to discuss? If not, I'll recommend pine nuts.

Very flavorful -- a handful can be added to all sorts of things. I've only just started using pine nuts in the last few months, so I'm still enjoying them as a "new" food.I agree with you. Pine nuts are a delicious addition to recipes. And it doesn't take much. My first experience with them was in a rice pilaf, years ago. It only takes a tiny amount to give a dish a gourmet touch. Martha

I haven’t tried them yet myself. I’ve found several recipes that call for them, but when I checked out the price at the grocery store I decided to leave them out. :(

Anna

On 7/2/09 8:37 AM, " Martha " <mnatural22 wrote:

Pine nuts are a delicious addition to recipes. And it doesn't take much. My first experience with them was in a rice pilaf, years ago. It only takes a tiny amount to give a dish a gourmet touch.

Martha

Fred Meyer is now carrying them in their deli area above the cheese in a little pack.  I don't trust them unless they are in the fridge as the go rancid easily.  Health food stores have them in their fridge sections or in bulk sometimes, and you can get them raw online at raw foods sites.  They are so delicious, but not on my no-fat plan right now.  Oh my gosh just to think of a pesto with those pine nuts and basil and olive oil and garlic, gasp.  I must go get a kamut cake.On Feb 6, 2009, at 8:35 PM, Coop wrote:I haven’t tried them yet myself.  I’ve found several recipes that call for them, but when I checked out the price at the grocery store I decided to leave them out.  :(AnnaOn 7/2/09 8:37 AM, "Martha" <mnatural22 > wrote:Pine nuts are a delicious addition to recipes. And it doesn't take much. My first experience with them was in a rice pilaf, years ago. It only takes a tiny amount to give a dish a gourmet touch. Martha  jennifer trumpjennifur