IndiaDivine.org

oatmeal milk

Rate this topic

Guest guest

>Could you share the oatmeal milk recipe?...but what I am specifically wondering about is if you use oatmeal flakes or the groats-irish/ scotch oatmeal-thanks!Em and Jennifer, I just use oatmeal flakes and add water. The amount of oatmeal and water I use depends on what I'm going to do with it. Normally I use about 3/4c. oatmeal to 3 1/4 cups water, blending it on high about a minute. I have a high-powered blender so a regular blender would require more blending time. I've diluted it down before and it still works well. I'd think you could thicken it up for a recipe that calls for cream. It's very flexible. I'm sure you could use oat groats, if you chose to, but it's not necessary. You might need to soak them first. What I like about oatmeal milk is that: 1. It doesn't

take a lot of pre-planning. 2. It doesn't need to be strained like nut/seed or other grain "milks" do. It will separate if left to sit for long. When that happens I just stir it well. 3. It's got a very neutral taste.4. It's one of the less expensive "milks" to make. I use it in just about all the recipes that call for soy milk. Let me know how it works for you.Martha

I just ran out of Soy milk will try this Cheers

Martha

Sunday, February 08, 2009 9:15 AM

Re: oatmeal milk

>Could you share the oatmeal milk recipe?...but what I am specifically wonderingabout is if you use oatmeal flakes or the groats-irish/ scotch oatmeal-thanks!Em and Jennifer, I just use oatmeal flakes and add water. The amount of oatmeal and water I use depends on what I'm going to do with it. Normally I use about 3/4c. oatmeal to 3 1/4 cups water, blending it on high about a minute. I have a high-powered blender so a regular blender would require more blending time. I've diluted it down before and it still works well. I'd think you could thicken it up for a recipe that calls for cream. It's very flexible. I'm sure you could use oat groats, if you chose to, but it's not necessary. You might need to soak them first. What I like about oatmeal milk is that: 1. It doesn't take a lot of pre-planning. 2. It doesn't need to be strained like nut/seed or other grain "milks" do. It will separate if left to sit for long. When that happens I just stir it well. 3. It's got a very neutral taste.4. It's one of the less expensive "milks" to make. I use it in just about all the recipes that call for soy milk. Let me know how it works for you.Martha

Wow that is a great idea and I have so much oatmeal (got 9 pounds of it at Costco last week) LOL.  Thank you for sharing that.JTOn Feb 7, 2009, at 12:15 PM, Martha wrote:>Could you share the oatmeal milk recipe?...but what I am specifically wonderingabout is if you use oatmeal flakes or the groats-irish/ scotch oatmeal-thanks!Em and Jennifer, I just use oatmeal flakes and add water. The amount of oatmeal and water I use depends on what I'm going to do with it. Normally I use about 3/4c. oatmeal to 3 1/4 cups water, blending it on high about a minute. I have a high-powered blender so a regular blender would require more blending time. I've diluted it down before and it still works well. I'd think you could thicken it up for a recipe that calls for cream. It's very flexible. I'm sure you could use oat groats, if you chose to, but it's not necessary. You might need to soak them first. What I like about oatmeal milk is that: 1. It doesn't take a lot of pre-planning. 2. It doesn't need to be strained like nut/seed or other grain "milks" do. It will separate if left to sit for long. When that happens I just stir it well. 3. It's got a very neutral taste.4. It's one of the less expensive "milks" to make. I use it in just about all the recipes that call for soy milk. Let me know how it works for you.Martha jennifer trumpjennifur

Yours must come in the same package as what we get at Sam's Club. Marthajennifer trump <jennifur Sent: Saturday, February 7, 2009 6:19:14 PMRe: Re: oatmeal milk

Wow that is a great idea and I have so much oatmeal (got 9 pounds of it at Costco last week) LOL. Thank you for sharing that.JT

It's a huge square box of two giant bags of oatmeal.  On Feb 7, 2009, at 3:47 PM, Martha wrote:Yours must come in the same package as what we get at Sam's Club. Martha jennifer trump <jennifur (AT) comcast (DOT) net>To:  Sent: Saturday, February 7, 2009 6:19:14 PMSubject: Re: Re: oatmeal milkWow that is a great idea and I have so much oatmeal (got 9 pounds of it at Costco last week) LOL.  Thank you for sharing that.JT jennifer trumpjennifur

-Martha,

Thank you!It would probably make yummy mashed potatoes too

Em-- In , Martha <mnatural22 wrote:

>

> >Could you share the oatmeal milk recipe?...but what I am

specifically wondering

> about is if you use oatmeal flakes or the groats-irish/ scotch

oatmeal-thanks!

>

> Em and Jennifer, I just use oatmeal flakes and add water. The amount

of oatmeal and water I use depends on what I'm going to do with it.

Normally I use about 3/4c. oatmeal to 3 1/4 cups water, blending it on

high about a minute. I have a high-powered blender so a regular

blender would require more blending time. I've diluted it down before

and it still works well. I'd think you could thicken it up for a

recipe that calls for cream. It's very flexible. I'm sure you could

use oat groats, if you chose to, but it's not necessary. You might

need to soak them first.

>

> What I like about oatmeal milk is that:

>

> 1. It doesn't take a lot of pre-planning.

> 2. It doesn't need to be strained like nut/seed or other grain

" milks " do. It will separate if left to sit for long. When that

happens I just stir it well.

> 3. It's got a very neutral taste.

> 4. It's one of the less expensive " milks " to make.

>

> I use it in just about all the recipes that call for soy milk. Let

me know how it works for you.

>

> Martha

>

We rarely eat mashed potatoes, Em. But I would think so too. Now you've got me curious. So I'll have to try it. :-) Marthaemusedmary <emusedmary Sent: Monday, February 9, 2009 8:53:57 AM Re: oatmeal milk

-Martha,

Thank you!It would probably make yummy mashed potatoes too