Guest guest

Looks interesting.They wont be selling the book, over here

I hate tofu, do you get use to it

Carolyn

----

Mark Sutton

03/03/09 05:49:03

Rip Esselstyn Recipes Online

"If you've heard about the Engine 2 Diet and want to try an Engine 2 approved recipe, here's a sample recipe to try. This is Rip Esselstyn's "Raise the Roof" sweet potato vegetarian lasagna. It's so good, he says, that he served it at his own wedding! It's also low in fat and cholesterol-free. Recipe courtesy of The Engine 2 Diet, by Rip Esselstyn."http://vegetarian.about.com/od/vegetarianlasagnarecipes/r/engine2lasagna.htmNOTE: free registration at Rip's website will get you access to tons of heart-healthy no-added fat vegan recipes, nicely organized, and a chance to interact with others endeavoring to follow Esselstyn's dietary recommendations."Rip's website:http://www.engine2academy.com/Best to all, Mark

MSGTAG has notified the sender that you have read this message.

Guest guest

Hi Carolyn

I've just asked the Auckland (NZ) public library system to get the book

in! I've asked them to buy lots of vegan and animal rights books, and I

haven't missed one yet. I can't remember which part of the country

you're in, but it's worth talking to your library.

I think of it as a cheap and effective form of activism - because other

people will see the book when they're browsing in the library and some

will be inspired to pick it up and use it!

Cheers

alice

On 03/03/2009, at 7:27 AM, Steve & Carolyn wrote:

> Looks interesting.They wont be selling the book, over here

>  

>  I hate tofu, do you get use to it

>  

> Carolyn 

>  

Guest guest

Tofu is just like anything else-some brands are better than others, silken tofu is better for things like smoothies and sauces where regular tofu is better suited to be skewered & BBQ'd; how you season it makes a BIG difference, because tofu has little or no taste of it's own and it takes on whatever flavors you give it.Most people who say they hate tofu haven't had it prepared in a way that suits their taste buds. I have a friend who's mom cubed it and put it in a salad with no seasoning whatsoever and tried to convince her it was feta cheese. She didn't buy it for one second. But when I made something for her using tofu, she really liked it (of course, I didn't tell her it had tofu in it until after, because otherwise, she would never have eaten it, as she still has these negative preconceived ideas about

it)--- On Mon, 3/2/09, Steve & Carolyn <storm20 wrote:Steve & Carolyn <storm20 Rip Esselstyn Recipes Online Date: Monday, March 2, 2009, 11:27 AM

Looks interesting. They wont be selling the book, over here

I hate tofu, do you get use to it

Carolyn

Recent Activity

New Members

Visit Your Group

Ads on Learn more now. Reach customers searching for you.

Sitebuilder

Build a web site

quickly & easily

with Sitebuilder.

Get in Shape on Find a buddy and lose weight.

Guest guest

Carolyn, what is it that you don't like about tofu? The texture or the lack of flavor, or both? If you freeze tofu first before using it in a recipe, it takes on a more "meaty" texture. If it's the lack of flavor, tofu is very bland but it absorbs the flavors it's cooked with. So it's best marinated first or cooked with spicy, flavorful ingredients. And it's great as a base for smooth sauces and dips.There is no rule that says you HAVE to like tofu. You can certainly be a healthy vegan without it. ;-)Martha

Guest guest

I have always eaten heathy food, not one for takeaways unless someone is in hospital like hubby,

Then it is to far to drive back home, just for food

Carolyn

----

Linda

3/03/2009 11:50:07 a.m.

Re: Rip Esselstyn Recipes Online

> I hate tofu, do you get use to it <Yes! I used to hate it too. Also soy milk and anything healthy. I lived on fast food burgers and fries and shakes. Now I love soy products and romaine lettuce. I eat things I never dreamed I would ...and LIKE IT! I haven't touched meat, milk, cheese or any other animal products. The more greens you eat, the less your cravings for junk. Good luck! You can do this!Linda in Chehalis.

MSGTAG has notified the sender that you have read this message.

Guest guest

> I hate tofu, do you get use to it <

Yes! I used to hate it too. Also soy milk and anything healthy. I

lived on fast food burgers and fries and shakes. Now I love soy

products and romaine lettuce. I eat things I never dreamed I

would ...and LIKE IT! I haven't touched meat, milk, cheese or any other

animal products. The more greens you eat, the less your cravings for

junk. Good luck! You can do this!

Linda in Chehalis.

Guest guest

Too far - always add the second "o" when you are writing about something...On Mar 2, 2009, at 2:47 PM, Steve & Carolyn wrote:I have always eaten heathy food, not one for takeaways unless someone is in hospital like hubby,Then it is to far to drive back home, just for food Carolyn ----  LindaDate: 3/03/2009 11:50:07 a.m.To:  Subject:  Re: Rip Esselstyn Recipes Online > I hate tofu, do you get use to it <Yes! I used to hate it too. Also soy milk and anything healthy. I lived on fast food burgers and fries and shakes. Now I love soy products and romaine lettuce. I eat things I never dreamed I would ...and LIKE IT! I haven't touched meat, milk, cheese or any other animal products. The more greens you eat, the less your cravings for junk. Good luck! You can do this!Linda in Chehalis. <DB4A743A-CDCF-4509-960F-A9A12D622EFD>MSGTAG has notified the sender that you have read this message. jennifer trumpjennifur

Guest guest

I noticed that his recipe is not " fat free " since in incorporates 1 cup of cashews.  However you could omit them and instead use bread crumbs, crushed corn flakes or crushed fat free crackers. :-)  Shayla